PDA

View Full Version : hard techno..comments

tracatak
22-04-2005, 01:28 AM
:cool:

http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/10/02/freemp3/thetracatak+test2.mp3

http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/09/02/freemp3/thetracatak+testtesttest.mp3

here is two i been werkin on recently....any comments/complaints...help..etc.... :crackup: THANKS

does it have more of a techno feel or what? i still feel im struggling to get that techno change up every kick or two kicks ...i mean the shuffle...percussion i guess :shock: cheers

xfive
22-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I guess if you are going for a schranzy type of sound this works... as it is very distorted and repetitive..
Seems to be a bunch of low end missing on both of these... and the one hi pitched hat or whatever that comes in about half way in the second one is a bit louder than it should be.

Try shifting the snare and hat patterns around a bit tho to make it roll along better. :)

Mirsha
22-04-2005, 03:33 PM
First one is alright, a bit repetative at the start and maybe a bit unfocussed at times.

Second one is quite good though I would personally think about changing that chime sound a bit, maybe transfer some of the sustain into a release.

BRADLEE
22-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I liked the second one quite well. Reminds me much of the old style Chris McCormack stuff on CLR, was a flipside to a DJ rush EP I think. Either way this one is dope as hell. That kick drum would be massively huge on any system I believe. :clap:

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 07:54 PM
didnt really enjoy either, both need alot more personality to them and work on equing and overall sound

a good start maybe?

BRADLEE
22-04-2005, 07:58 PM
both need alot more personality to them and work on equing and overall sound

Although I do agree with Mr.Gray here. Would be cool to hear your personality come thru this thing. Just something personal that makes your mark I guess.

tracatak
22-04-2005, 11:07 PM
thanks for all ur help guys ill def werk on these things...till next time

tracatak
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
when u say TRY SHIFTING THE SNARE AND HAT PATTERNS AROUND TO MAKE IT ROLL A BIT MORE....do u mean where the hats are put snares and where the snares are put hats....and do this every so often..etc :cool:

eyes without a face
05-05-2005, 10:36 PM
no more give the patterns some variation instead of every 4 beats etc etc

some off beat hats etc etc

violenski
06-05-2005, 12:59 PM
the first track is not bad abit loopy. kind of Rush'esk. could do with a better mix down bring those snares out abit.
the second track again could do with being mixed down again. maybe leaving it to run for longer with out so many breaks would make it funkier but there are some good moving percusive noises in there they just need to be left to run for abit. nice though keep on it!!¬¬¬?>@

dirty_bass
06-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Some of the percussive patterns you have made are quite nice.

Overall I`d just say, keep working, experiment, work, work , work work.

Production is a lesson in patience.

orac
06-05-2005, 06:21 PM
too distorted and less rolling forward for me. different combination of hats should be nice, some sounds are too louder (second track), whoa! much too louder ;) keep working on good mixing and compression.

tracatak
09-05-2005, 12:15 AM
ty again....every1...i will werk on all this...and update u soon with more loops.etc....take care

278d7e64a374de26f==