PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shiva vs. Adam Jay *brand new tagteam set*

djshiva
22-04-2005, 03:14 AM
http://66.221.205.118/adamjay/Adam_Jay_vs_DJ_Shiva_-_33rpm_Indy_15-04-2005.zip

90 Minute Set. 50MB

*note, this is an AAC .m4a audio file in the .zip
you will need either iTunes, RealPlayer10, Quicktime, or an AAC plugin for WinAmp to play this.

Adam is switching to AAC because of its superior audio quality vs. MP3 and its portable format so that more music can be shared. The AAC .m4a file does not contain apple protection, so you will be able to burn and share freely.

DJ Shiva & Adam Jay have long since been doing 4-turntable tagteam sets in the US. This set takes the concept a bit further with DJ Shiva on the decks, and Adam Jay rocking an Apple Powerbook.

enjoy...

The Overfiend
22-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Looking forward to hearing this!

Joseph Isaac
23-04-2005, 12:01 AM
nice one

detfella
25-04-2005, 03:16 PM
cheers, downloading :)

Mirsha
25-04-2005, 05:45 PM
You should never zip a music file. A music file is already compressed as good as the encoding technique can get it, by using another level of compression on it you won't make the file any smaller and it is just one of the more irritating things you can do to annoy people. In most cases it actually makes the file marginaly larger since you have to store additional things like the decrpytion key along with the information as well.

xfive
25-04-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't mind.. the benefit is that your browser doesn't try to automatically play the sucker if you left click on it instead of right click save as.... so it's not really for compression reasons.

Mirsha
25-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Change your browsers behaviour to not automaticaly play files then, you can change it in the options somewhere.

djshiva
27-04-2005, 03:21 AM
i didn't zip it, sorry. :(

hope ya like it regardless tho... :)

g
27-04-2005, 03:47 AM
You should never zip a music file...
...unless you want to prevent people from streaming, thus potentially cutting down somewhat on your bandwidth useage. and/or if you want to include a tracklist or some other helpful item (like maybe a checksum or playlist file) along with the download. in which case you should zip all you like.

oh yeah, and a lot of hosts have inconvenient rules about posting mp3s. zipping them up is a good way around that.

Mirsha
05-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Finaly got around to listening to this file so I thought I'd leave my feedback.

First thing was getting a m4a compressor. Tried the one suggested in the txt file, it didn't work with winamp. Hit winamp.com and searched for ACC and M4A to try and find decompressors, neither of them worked.

Deleted file in frustration.

I don't know if it was just me or if anyone else had this problem. Realplayer or Quicktime should be able to play them apparntly, but bot are unacceptable programs for me to use to listen to music, I want to use realplayer where I can have it in with my other files on random.

g
05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
itunes?

278d7e64a374de26f==