PDA

View Full Version : making tunes

NRGboy
22-04-2005, 06:38 AM
I've been dj'ing now for about 5 years and really wanna start makin som of me own tunes. I've got some good ideas and i've attempted to use Reason and Cuebase but really haven't got a clue how to use them properly and making a tune on my pc will probably take me until 2050 to complete.
Ideally I would like to spend a day or more in a studio with an experienced engineer. I wanna make some Hardstyle, can anyone recomend any good uk based Hardstyle labels or even a good engineer for making Hardstyle?
Please advise :?:

NRGboy
22-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Or even some advice on how to teach myself how to use cuebase or reason properly would be better.
Am I using the wrong software for a beginner, would it be better to learn on something like Dance Ejay?

Barely Human
22-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Check your post in the hardstyle section mate. And dont even bother touching Dance Ej, cause its a worthless pile of shit and not worth your time in the slightest:lol:

dan the acid man
22-04-2005, 11:39 AM
you just have to keep using the software, reading manuals, asking people for help on boards like this and have patience and determination

NRGboy
22-04-2005, 04:41 PM
thanks guys, guess it's time to get my head down :study:

Mirsha
22-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah there is no real way around it rather than to just get your head down and get stuck in. It helps if you know someone who also produces on Reason and you can thief one of their files so you can load it up and remix it giving ti a good poke around to get a feel for what other people are doing.

I'm just learning myself but stuff is already starting to sound much better after two weeks using Reason, I'm chaining fx together to create the sounds I want and I've pissed about teaching myself sidechaining and stuff.

Though I use Reason to hack out my loops I piece them together in Ableton though, I just can't stand Reason's sequencer, it's just muh more difficlt to navigate and get lost compared to Ableton, plus the automation control in Ableton is much better which lets you sort things out a bit easier.

dan the acid man
22-04-2005, 06:28 PM
thinking about getting ableton myself, looks the business

Mirsha
22-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Yeah Ableton is dead good, ben tweaking up some of my editing skills a bit and found it ridiculously easy in the tune I've just done to whip in some reverses in a few clicks without having to resort to creating different samples in an editor and manipulating the length of the loop to add in a bit of glitch. I found a whole new menu the other day as well, envelope control over the sample, have to see what sort of damage can be done with that at some point.

NRGboy
22-04-2005, 09:13 PM
thanks for you replys guys. everyone seems very helpfull on this site ;) ;)

Mindful
22-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Just keep at it mate it takes time but every time you go on it you will learn somthing new.
If you have the ideas all you have to do is learn how to make them come out of the gear it just takes time there is no shortcut.
And hang around in the production forums and read the old post.

Good luck.

DJTrubass
23-04-2005, 12:56 AM
lmfao ejay, god dammit it i hate people who think they can make tunes then u ask them what they made it in,

"ohh err its called dance ejay i got a sample ejay cd to with loads of break beats its banging"

yeah rite sit down.

Mirsha
23-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah if they don't know how to properly sidechain a vocal frmo a compressor to duck it they aren't worth the salt they are printed on.

Mindful
23-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah if they don't know how to properly sidechain a vocal frmo a compressor to duck it they aren't worth the salt they are printed on.

I hope your being sarky there.

eyes without a face
23-04-2005, 09:55 PM

yeah i hope ur being sarky too, otherwise get ur head out ur own behind haha.... thats a silly view... i dont even know how to sidechain a vocal from a compressor to duck it and im doing perfectly fine at the moment with my production...

as for ejay haha, it got me on MTV.... i won a shitty competition a few years back messing round with Ejay, done some tune and it won a european competition beating off about 3000 other tracks and MTV made a rather cheap video to accompany it and it got aired to over 11million people on MTV 1 on a friday night.... hilarious... its fun for anyone messing round in their room on a computer but if u want to get serious id leave it well alone

Fruity Studio rocks it, check it out

Dave Elyzium
24-04-2005, 08:12 AM

im sure people will be happy to help without any sort of favours mate

robin m
12-05-2005, 12:34 AM

im sure people will be happy to help without any sort of favours mate

Fnaaar fnaaar... :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==