PDA

View Full Version : Apex Beat - When I Get It

Apex Beat
22-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Something different from the stuff I've been entertaining lately. Probably needs some extra cuts or stabs in there, nearly finished though. Also need to make the ending a little less generic. Anyway, any advice and feedback on both the production and feel of the track is, as ever, massively appriciated!

http://junkies.splask.co.uk/Apex%20Beat%20-%20When%20I%20Get%20It.mp3

Cheers x

xfive
22-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Interesting sounds used... but I think you need to work on the patterns a bit more.
It's all very stiff sounding... sorta like a marching band or military style.

Take the snare sound and shift a few notes around.. same with the bass.. it will do wonders for the groove. ;)

Apex Beat
22-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Cheers man, I've have a little play with it cpu permitting ;)

Suprising how much I've learnt from this forum. Cheers.

Apex Beat
22-04-2005, 04:26 PM
right - edited version up!

stjohn
22-04-2005, 04:33 PM
nice tune man...u keep it flowing not lettin it gettin loopy...
id push the subbass lower a bit to give it the lining......or maybe leave that where it is and add a real low one...
good tune, with nice rhythmn n sounds!! ;)

eyes without a face
22-04-2005, 06:48 PM
link wont work now ?

Apex Beat
24-04-2005, 08:21 PM
http://junkies.splask.co.uk/Apex%20Beat%20-%20When%20I%20Get%20It.mp3

That should work, any more comments appriciated. Cheers

eyes without a face
24-04-2005, 09:36 PM
hmm.. not too sure about this one, the kick is too loud that definately needs bringing down, and the sounds overall are quite dry i found dude.... also, ive noticed ur drums always tend to sound similiar and very stiff, are u using redrum or a 909 emulator of some sort? needs a more organic feel overall, more looseness and space in the mix, sounds quite dry and as i said quite stiff if u get me?

the bass synth was a nice pattern i found but didnt go low enough and also i wud personally maybe play around with the pattern, swap a few notes around and make it swing more against the percussions, so its not kinda just 1 2 1 2 if u get me

dirty_bass
25-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Interesting tune.

Overall the sound is a little too dry, so a few more subtle verbs and stuff would make this a more comfortable listen.
The kick is a little too boomy, and I`d maybe move the emphasis in the low end a little lower, to round it out. As it`s current eq hits in an area where kicks just don`t sound good.

The bass is fine, there`s a nice sub to it that maybe scot couldn`t hear, but I`d say it`s about right to translate to a soundsystem.

This track feels kinda half finished, and needs some other elements to bring it alive.

The beat does feel a little rigid, but I think it works for a kind of old school vibe.

Apex Beat
25-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow excellent, very useful feedback people. Thanks very much.

278d7e64a374de26f==