PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best striker in the world?

Will
22-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Fergie's been saying Ruud is the best striker in the world, but I don't go along with that at all, there's a good handful better than him in my opinion. I think Henry would have to be my choice, gets loads of goals and has set new records for the number of assists in one season too, you can't argue with 30 goals and 20 assists (or so) just in the Premiership.

I bet Ronaldo and Zidane combined wouldn't get many more than that. He's not perfect and not exactly the most natural striker in the world, but in terms of his all round game I think he's the best.

Traxx
22-04-2005, 10:06 PM
If i could have any striker it would be henry.

Numeric
22-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Ruud when in form is the best striker in the world as far as i'm concerned...

Traxx
22-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Is he fuk. If the ball isnt passed to him within 5 yards of the goal line then he hasnt got a fukin clue what to do with the ball. Dont think ive ever seen him score a goal from the outside of the box in all the time he's been here. Thats not to say he cant bang a shit load of goals in because, well, he can. But if were talking about the best striker in the world the i want something more from them then being a goal hanging horse faced cunt.

Numeric
22-04-2005, 11:57 PM
He'd walk into your first team...

Traxx
22-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Ive got no doubt he would mate, he would walk into most if not all. Thats not what the threads about though is it? lets not turn this into a manc - pool thing. ;)

Numeric
23-04-2005, 12:00 AM
There's no doubt Rooney has the potential to become the best striker in the world...

Traxx
23-04-2005, 12:03 AM
If he stays on the straight & narrow then maybe, yes. Id of thought that he was at the right place to be kept in line but he still seems to be being getting caught up in shite outside of the game that he shouldnt be. It would be a good start for him to drop that bint of his...

Numeric
23-04-2005, 12:08 AM
It's difficult to seperate the fact from the fiction where Rooney's personal life is concerned, the tabloids are a disgrace, i hope he can settle down and do good things for Utd, with Gerrard in the midfield there...

:lol:

Traxx
23-04-2005, 12:12 AM
:dontevengothere: :lol:

jam
23-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Ruud van horse face is easily the best striker in the world

other than him its ardiano

Will
23-04-2005, 04:08 AM
I don't see how! He's good if you find him with a cross in the 6 yard box, but if Man U can't dominate the opposition and force them to defend deep he's not much use. Got a piss poor scoring record against Arsenal and it's not like our defence is amazing.

Esox Lucius
23-04-2005, 07:25 AM
shevchenko

Numeric
23-04-2005, 11:57 AM
OK, Ruud may not have scored many against Arsenal, you have to remember the one from a couple of years back at Highbury, where he easily muscled big Sol off the ball and finished the coolest manor...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39106000/jpg/_39106247_nistelrooy_emp.jpg

What a goal...

Esox Lucius
23-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Henry is a million times the player horse face is,

macca
23-04-2005, 12:15 PM
easy HENRY by far ;)

jam
23-04-2005, 06:36 PM
nah bollocks its van horse face.

CHUCK-E
23-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Henry is a million times the player horse face is,

U knows it!!!

Will
24-04-2005, 03:09 AM
He most certainly is! I like Shevchenko, he's one of the best around in terms of what you expect from a striker, but Henry does things you don't expect from a striker, so I'd say he has a better all round game. Looks like the general consensus is that Henry is better than horse face at any rate, if not the best in the world, stupid Fergie...

As for the one of Ruud's 2 goals against Arsenal that didn't come from the spot, all I remember is someone giving him the ball, him running about 10 yards, then beating our keeper, don't recall any marking and loads of space, wouldn't have said there was anything impressive about it, poor defending more than anything.

I dunno how much better Rooney will get either, he's already got a good football brain and good decision making, apart from his temperament I don't see how he's going to improve that much.

Also, it's interesting to note that Henry has scored virtually twice as many league goals as anyone bar Andy Johnson this season. Henry's got 25 so far and apart from Johnson everyone else has 13 at best, nowhere near Henry, but it's curious how low most of the goal tallies are, you'd almost think defences are getting better, not as dodgy as some make out...

basslinejunkie
24-04-2005, 07:54 PM
id say henry,shevchenko and adriano are the 3 best in the world right now.

french_og
24-04-2005, 08:05 PM
I´d say Ronaldinhio is by far the best at the moment- genius and Ronaldo is also back on form and banging in the goals. Ruud is great finisher but if your talking about the best striker in the world you would have to give it to a player who gives a bit more and shows that magic.

My top three Ronaldinio, Henry and Ronaldo

Will
24-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I'd say Solskjaer's a better finisher than Ruud, easy, possibly the best in the world. He's got more pace and is a decent crosser too. Not sure Ruud's the best at Man U to be honest! He possibly fits their style better than Solskjaer, but that doesn't make him better.

Will
24-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Ronaldinho's a special player, that's for sure, he can play up front, but I'm not sure I'd class him as a striker though really...

Traxx
24-04-2005, 08:34 PM
He's no striker, he is amazing though :clap:

Esox Lucius
24-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I'd say Solskjaer's a better finisher than Ruud, easy, possibly the best in the world. He's got more pace and is a decent crosser too. Not sure Ruud's the best at Man U to be honest! He possibly fits their style better than Solskjaer, but that doesn't make him better.

what actually happening with ollie? is he going to play again?

jam
25-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Its touch and go if he will ever play again.

lukekendall
25-04-2005, 12:56 PM
id say henry, then shevcenco, then adranio - i think he is going to get better for the future !!! be good if chelsea get him !

jam
25-04-2005, 01:04 PM
For out and out strikers its got to be Ruud he not only scores a ton of goals but sets shed loads up aswell and no-one is better at holding the ball up.

lukekendall
25-04-2005, 02:02 PM
For out and out strikers its got to be Ruud he not only scores a ton of goals but sets shed loads up aswell and no-one is better at holding the ball up.

Henry is better than ruud in everyway except goal hanging and heading the ball

did you know he has never scored a goal from out side the box for man u :lol:

jam
25-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Aye i did know that but i disagree,i still think van horse face is the best striker in the world.

his goal against fulham a couple of years back is still one of the best goals in the premiership ever

french_og
25-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Ruud is noway better than Ronaldo, what has Ruud ever achieved in the game??

Ronaldo more or less one Brazil the World Cup in 2002 and has been world player of the year 2 or 3 times,. Ruud isn´t in the same league has Ronaldo.

jam
25-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Ronaldo isnt the same player he once was.

basslinejunkie
25-04-2005, 09:22 PM

maybe so,but hes still a ****in class player.just look at what he done to the mancs last time they played real ;)

Will
25-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Aye i did know that but i disagree,i still think van horse face is the best striker in the world.

his goal against fulham a couple of years back is still one of the best goals in the premiership ever

Most overrated ever more like! If you watch it he just runs in a straight line and finishes, the defenders just make a hash of it.

jam
25-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Typical cockney knows **** all and is on here chatting while his team is playing

pffffft.

Will
25-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Typical Geordie... maybe you should watch it again.

jam
25-04-2005, 10:06 PM

ive watched it several times and it class,if it had been henry you would be wanking yourself off.

now do one micheal caine.

Will
25-04-2005, 10:09 PM
He doesn't change direction, there's no fancy footwork, it was all rather laboured and cumbersome... just like horse face himself!

jam
26-04-2005, 12:52 AM
So something has to have fancy foot work to be good?

its all about power compsure and the way he drops his shoulder,he didnt need to do any fancy foot work,it was great play.

lukekendall
26-04-2005, 10:28 AM

aint to many pies i reckon :lol:

Esox Lucius
26-04-2005, 10:49 AM

now do one micheal caine.

hahahah :lol: :lol:

Will
08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
So something has to have fancy foot work to be good?

its all about power compsure and the way he drops his shoulder,he didnt need to do any fancy foot work,it was great play.

Any half decent defender would keep their eye on the ball, dropping the shoulder should only be effective if there's a change of direction in a jinking run, not just running in a straight line.

french_og
08-05-2005, 07:41 PM
I´m sorry but if you don´t think Ronaldo is a class player then you shouldn´t be even watching the game. He is back to his best and has shown that over the last 10 games where he has scored about 12 goals and last night was awesome.

Hakka
08-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I´m sorry but if you don´t think Ronaldo is a class player then you shouldn´t be even watching the game. He is back to his best and has shown that over the last 10 games where he has scored about 12 goals and last night was awesome.

Him and Shevchenko are the players I'd most like to see playing in the Premiersip.

278d7e64a374de26f==