PDA

View Full Version : My new traxck - Churm Warmly

Mirsha
23-04-2005, 12:17 AM
I finished (ish) this track earlier and I'm not posting it for some constructive criticism as I'm still getting grips to Reason and stuff and think this is by far the best I've done so far, despite the fact I still have some gripes with it I want to work out but I'm still mulling them over.

Mirsha - Chrusm Warmly (http://www.atkt71.dsl.pipex.com/Mirsha%20-%20Churm%20Warmly.mp3)

All feedback loved ever if you do tell me it's utter rtipe.

BRADLEE
23-04-2005, 12:22 AM
downloading right now amigo. I will leave feedback in a few moments.

Mirsha
23-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Cheers compadre, it's my firth track and the first one I've been confidenct enough in Reason to really piss about with shit. I'm still a bit unhappy with the guitar synth and know I need to change it sometime during the track but I'm still pondering how to do that effectively.

BRADLEE
23-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Cheers compadre, it's my firth track and the first one I've been confidenct enough in Reason to really piss about with shit. I'm still a bit unhappy with the guitar synth and know I need to change it sometime during the track but I'm still pondering how to do that effectively.

I'll have to check with my homie Rex, maybe I can help to get you some refill stuff for making techno. Personally I just couldn't obtain the sound I wanted from Reason myself. And with Fruity I can do pretty much whatever I want to.

Either way I'll leave you some feedback ~ese~ as to how it sounds.

Mirsha
23-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I've been using Reason to produce loops then whacking the lops in to Ableton to sequence it all. Whcih is why in the track you can hear me doing tweaks on the samplse and the reverse edits were al done by using Ableton.

I had a little play about with Ableton/Reason tonight using Rewire and it seems like the godsend to all my problems, as I can just whip out/in shit I want in Ableton without having to flick back to Reasno, record the loop then edit it in Ableton.

Though I still need to play about with it fully, currently I have all my individual instruemtns runnign through Combinators so I might have to asign buttons as needs and have Ableton control those via midi so I can really churn over the sound.

BRADLEE
23-04-2005, 01:02 AM
You know I veery much liek the idea and basic structure of the tune. All of the sounds seem to fit very well together. I think you should maybe add an additional pattern to the guitar/synth pattern though to give the track more movement. Also, maybe add a couple of filter sweeps to help keep it moving along. Right now that sound just runs thru the whole tune without really changing. Also one more thing that would be really cool is if you added a nice sample from a movie or something in the break. Would give the listener something else to ponder for a moment...Then after the break, take a snip of a vocal and use it as a stab noise as well. I think that would also be fitting...

Sorry I'm not trying to be critical but just helpful. I hope my rambling makes sense amiogo.

Mirsha
23-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah as I said it's pretty much done, and the fact the same pattern runs through the tune is the only bit I'm unhappy with but at themoment I just can't work out what to do.

BRADLEE
23-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah as I said it's pretty much done, and the fact the same pattern runs through the tune is the only bit I'm unhappy with but at themoment I just can't work out what to do.

Well what I generally do is make multiple varations to the same sound by either using seperate FX and also maybe changing the key or even the sequence, but all while still using the same sound. Hope that makes sense too..ha ha

Another thing I was just thinking about is maybe even add another synth noise after the break in addition to the other sound and pattern.

Maybe just something up in the high frequencies to give a differant perception to the sense....

I hope that is helpful amigo. Just stick with it and keep hainv fun making the tunes. As long as you enjoy doing it, things will come together. All of this just takes time. ;)

robin m
24-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Really really enjoyed this! :clap:

That grubby guitar synth sound is spot on - I agree that it is quite relentless though, some variation would definitely help round the whole tune off...

Maybe add another break similar to the one you've got on about 2 1/2 minutes at a later point in the tune but strip it all down even more? The synth noise works really well by itself at the start of the tune, I think a longer break and buildup where you mess around with that sound in isolation a bit before slamming the drums back in might work?

I'm new to producing myself anyway though so might be best to ignore me entirely ;)

eyes without a face
25-04-2005, 09:40 AM
just checked this out now...

well that riff sounds awfully similiar to "Come to Daddy" by Aphex Twin, barring 1 or 2 notes but its too similiar for my liking.... not a bad riff but needs more warmth, too dry and thin.....

everything else needs bringing out more too, everything sounds like its in the distance somewhat, needs bringing forward with some eq work, more mids definately needed, and some warm verbs and more highs definately to give it some crispness

an ok start

278d7e64a374de26f==