PDA

View Full Version : technics question..

conflict
23-04-2005, 07:41 PM
i have a problem with one of my technics,its the 1210 mk2.One deck seems louder/fatter/warmer than the other.I've changed mixer, needles, leads from mixer to amp but the problem is still there.Its obviously the built in lead from said deck to mixer.Has anyone else encountered this ****ing problem,and successfully rectified it?

You can really tell when listening back to a cd and its very very annoying!!

help!!

xfive
23-04-2005, 07:46 PM
The audio cables on technics can go bad pretty easy.... I've had to get mine replaced because the audio would simply cut out. If you know how to solder and all that jazz its not too hard... gotta take off the entire bottom and then theres a 2 screw bracket that holds the cables down... pull that off and you'll see where the cables are attached.

Go get yourself some really thick paired rca cables... 10-12' and cut em right in half.... do both of your decks :)

xfive
23-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Then again it could be your tonearm wiring :shock: :shock:

conflict
24-04-2005, 05:50 PM
whats tone arm wiring?

dan the acid man
24-04-2005, 06:53 PM
whats tone arm wiring?

the wiring that runs from your cartridge, down the inside of your tonearm and into the deck

Si the Sigh
28-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Serious shit...

Dj Swannie
28-04-2005, 10:44 PM
A fiddler of a job to do ;)

Hakka
29-04-2005, 10:19 AM
The audio cables on technics can go bad pretty easy.... I've had to get mine replaced because the audio would simply cut out. If you know how to solder and all that jazz its not too hard... gotta take off the entire bottom and then theres a 2 screw bracket that holds the cables down... pull that off and you'll see where the cables are attached.

Go get yourself some really thick paired rca cables... 10-12' and cut em right in half.... do both of your decks :)

your bang on right here. On one of my decks the cable seems to cut out the right hand stereo for that deck, which ****s things up. It's always slightly quieter on the right hand stereo channel for that deck too, which is a slight bitch.

Mindful
29-04-2005, 10:41 PM

your bang on right here. On one of my decks the cable seems to cut out the right hand stereo for that deck, which **** things up. It's always slightly quieter on the right hand stereo channel for that deck too, which is a slight bitch.

tis the same with mine I have to do some extreme twisting with the leads on one of the decks to get it to come out of both channels and when it does its super weak :doh:

dan the acid man
30-04-2005, 12:59 PM
go buy yourself a soldering iron and get practicing your soldering skills, thats what i do.

if your not very good at soldering, buy some of those soldering project kits from maplins to practice first

278d7e64a374de26f==