PDA

View Full Version : Axiom - untitled & unfinished

miasma man
24-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey people,

We've started a new track. Not finished yet. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.axiomusic.com/upload/free_dls/Axiom%20Music%20Beta%20Tr%20001%20Techno%2021.04.0 5.mp3

Apex Beat
24-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Well if you ask me, the kick could do with tightening up a little to get it some more punch. I like the percusion, seems to come through the mix well enough. Needs to move quicker though, seems to get a bit repetative maybe. After the mixdown, I think you need another element to come in as it feels like the track hasnt progressed anywhere in particular. Overall though, decent production, kinda reminds me of recycled loops stuff.

eyes without a face
24-04-2005, 09:31 PM
the kick sounds ok altho needs more mid, its just lacking a nice punch/snap to it... production is ok, bit muddy overall i thought, and definately needs more elements as it did bore me after a couple of minutes, the percussion sounds good i thought

dirty_bass
25-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Not bad man.

Overall the production is pretty good.
Things get a little muddy in the low mid, down to the sub, so I would suggest focusing on this lower area and separating out the sounds more effectively.
Maybe add a little top end to the kick (a lot of people seem to think kicks don`t need top end) so it has more snap and cuts the mix.
The sub is probably taking up a lot of room in the mix, so I would use a low pass to cut out everything from the low mid upwards.

The tune could still do with a main element to catch the ear.

miasma man
26-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey up guys,

Thanks loads for the feedback, we'll take on board your comments and sort some stuff out.

I think we are finding that the hardest bit is getting that main element to catch the ear. Is this possibly the personal sound we were on about in a previous post? Does anyone have any ideas for getting that main element to catch the ear? Experiment some more?

But yeh, nice one people - take it easy...

audioinjection
26-04-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah man, not a bad track

just that kick that has to come thru a bit

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah I like the overall elements of the tune for sure. Sounds like a nice little arrangment there to me. I really cannot comment on the mix though as I am just in some shit headphones.....

278d7e64a374de26f==