PDA

View Full Version : Joe Giacomet - All known Frequencies

fresh_an_funky_design
24-04-2005, 09:06 PM
http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/09/02/freemp3/joegiacomet+allknownfrequencies.mp3

tell me what you think of it
cheers

eyes without a face
24-04-2005, 09:26 PM
didnt really dig it, sounded quite dry and a bit flat, the bassline barely touched the low regions and the pattern was very basic and grated....

quite a clean sound but needs more eq and the mix needs gel'ing together alot more on the whole too

fresh_an_funky_design
24-04-2005, 10:20 PM
cheers for comments

dirty_bass
25-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Didn`t really feel this one. There weren`t any elements or hooks that caught my attention, and the sound overall lacked richness and warmth, and so felt uncomfortable.

Gotta asay I agree with scot about the production.
Sounds like a compostition before treatment.
It`s very dry and very flat.
Some of the sounds could do with some sparkle, some movement, and could be a bit "wetter" in terms of verbs etc.

Kick doesn`t have any low end woomf, and the sub on the bassline is virtually non excistant.

Also the hats and top end in general are pretty thin.

Overall this sounds extremely digital, and could do with a lot of work to add richness, and a lush sheen to make it feel more natural to the ear.

Personally, I would give the sub much more depth, and some analogue saturation.
The hats, could maybe do with another layer to fill them out, some wider EQ and some verb.
And finally I`d add some kind of main hook to make this stand out. Something funky, maybe a synth version of a wackawacka 70`s funk guitar riff or something.

fresh_an_funky_design
25-04-2005, 09:53 AM
cheers for the idea's

i gotta say i do think this tune is a bit weird sounding, its just i've spent a few days on it so wanted to get some comments on it!
:lol:

fresh_an_funky_design
25-04-2005, 09:56 AM
also you've said give the sub more analogue saturation. how exactly would i do that???
i've made it using efm1 in logic 7.... any ideas???

dirty_bass
25-04-2005, 10:52 AM
well, a nice compressor with saturation circuitry.
Or a plugin like Baxxpander, or Endorphine would do the job, and add real warmth and big smooth sub enhancement.

fresh_an_funky_design
25-04-2005, 11:32 AM
i'll try putting it through my focusrite compressor, at the mo its just going through the logic compressor

thanks for the tips

dirty_bass
25-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I doubt the focusright will add much rich saturation

fresh_an_funky_design
25-04-2005, 01:17 PM
it put it through the focusrite compressor an it did sound better, but wasn''t the sound i was after, so used the sub bass plug-in in logic and some eq and it does sound a lot better so nice 1 for the tips :lol:

not gonna bother reposting, might as well get on with the next project!

278d7e64a374de26f==