PDA

View Full Version : Timo Benz & Mita - Species

TimoBenz
24-04-2005, 10:27 PM
This is the first track by Mita and me...

It's hard and driving techno @ 140bpm...

We hope you'll enjoy it

download here (http://www.timobenz.de/tracks/timobenz&mita-species.mp3)

written & produced by Timo Benz & Mita
arranged by Timo Benz

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Man, why noone left feedback on this is beyond me. This track is also quite dope too. Seems as if Timo is on a role lately. FECKING BANGING ASS TUNE MAN!!! Press it now I say!!! :clap:

TimoBenz
26-04-2005, 07:04 PM
thx mate... it is quite good that you have reviewed the track.. I remember to post it also @ your forum ;)

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Of course amigo. I quite like the work you do, so I don't mind letting others know as well. You definitely make proper tunes my friend. Keep it up and keep putting out demos, because you will have a slew of wax out.

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 07:21 PM
not bad, altho sounds alot like alot of old compound/planet rythym records which is no bad thing, but getting a bit stale for me personally...

production was good, a little muddy in places maybe, the hats sounded a bit muffled and a bit distant too

good track tho

Apex Beat
27-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Think personally you should do something better with the snares that come in fairly early, they sound too oldskool and just a bit flat and boring. Get rid of them completely, they dont sit rythemically at all. I like the vocal and the kick is fairly good as well, decent track if not sounding a little dated these days... Ah nice! Once its back in, I like it. Nice and kicking. Mix sounds like its a little muddy and crowded in places though, some decent compression will sort that out.

Decent track man overall.

stjohn
27-04-2005, 12:08 PM
i will have a lsiten when i get home from work.....
i like your tunes.....

dei muddah was savage!!

TimoBenz
27-04-2005, 01:18 PM
many thanks mates for the constructive reviews :)

stjohn
27-04-2005, 05:44 PM
had a listen...nice tune!!!!
fat bassdrum!!
i think sometimes when the vocal comes in its interfering with it tho!

dirty_bass
27-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Production is pretty good, although there is some serious compression issues going on in the breaks.
As for the tune. Sounds pretty old, like hard tech circa 1998, and having just that one trick/hook throughout the whole tune, just made me skip through to find if anything else of interest happened.
This kind of techno needs to be real special to stand out against the huge back catalogue of very very similar stuff.

BloodStar
28-04-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah i like,. sounds a bit muddy in some places,,and that open hat doesn't fit there well, i think.. other than that,, i like it... cheers

TimoBenz
28-04-2005, 10:48 AM
thx :)

278d7e64a374de26f==