PDA

View Full Version : Side Chaining with Behringer Composser and Logic 7

montydj
25-04-2005, 06:03 AM
I had a go at side chaining with my kick so when the kick is playing the hole tune starts pumping but i need to know the correct way to have this set up where the leads go etc as i can not hear my kick just the rest of the tune but it is pumping tho,i am not to sure how to get the kick playing thourgh the Behringer Composser as well so i can hear the kick play with the rest of the tune and also is it possible to do side chaining with Pro Logic 7 Thx ;)

montydj
25-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Anyone? :cry:

RDR
25-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Geezer you need to be much more specific than that.

We cant see the wires you got connected, we dont know what sound card you are running, nor do I personally, cant speak for all, have a behringer.

i have had behringers before now, but not sure about the one you have.

i might be able to help if i knew the exactness, so to speak.

;)

montydj
25-04-2005, 11:21 PM
It is a Behringer Composser Pro as it has side chain in it and i am using a Sound Craft Ghost 32,forget about the soundcard as i am doing it the hardware way so basically i want my tune to pump everytime the kick drum plays so when the kick drum stops the tune stops pumping.So a Compressor with side chain and a mixing desk thats it.I have G5 with Pro Logic 7 with a MOTU rack with 24 analogue outs to my mixing desk i would'nt mind knowing how to do it the soft way as well :lol:

nova
26-04-2005, 12:44 PM
i know you said berringer comp which i kno fuk all about. but you also said software...

what i done was srapped the idea of using logics comps. and brought waves c1. which has 4 parts toit. 1 of them is for sidechaining or 2. and a pro also said logics comps are not very good. thats up to you make your mind up.

i cant realy help on the compression. im tring to learn it myself.

fat setup aswell monty :clap: . i got a motu 828m2. had a few probs tho. im finding that my built in soundcard runs smother then the 828. fukt up i kno. 828 sounds better but just not running as smoth. ive updated with lastest driver. tried different buffer sizes. but nothing works. do you kno what it could be?

Evil G
26-04-2005, 01:25 PM
put the compressor on the main bus, and connect the sidechain inserts to an aux send on your mixer with mono cables. route the channel your kick drum is on to that aux send as well as to the mix.

Evil G
26-04-2005, 01:29 PM
. i got a motu 828m2. had a few probs tho. im finding that my built in soundcard runs smother then the 828. fukt up i kno. 828 sounds better but just not running as smoth. ive updated with lastest driver. tried different buffer sizes. but nothing works. do you kno what it could be?

check in the device manager to see if your firewire card is sharing an irq.

montydj
26-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Nova i just bought my G5 ready to use i am just learning about this myself sorry man :cry: Evil G thx man i will try that.

26-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Why dont u try using 2 kicks , 1 for the pumping effect and one for the actual beat ??

nova
26-04-2005, 05:09 PM
. i got a motu 828m2. had a few probs tho. im finding that my built in soundcard runs smother then the 828. fukt up i kno. 828 sounds better but just not running as smoth. ive updated with lastest driver. tried different buffer sizes. but nothing works. do you kno what it could be?

cheers g, i'll hav alook

nova
26-04-2005, 05:11 PM
haha, where is the device manager :doh:

Evil G
26-04-2005, 05:17 PM
if you are on windows, it's in the "computer management" app, under the admin tools control panel. if you are on a mac, i have no idea.

nova
26-04-2005, 05:19 PM
im on mac my friend, hehehe ;)

RDR
27-04-2005, 12:04 PM

cheers g, i'll hav alook

im right in thinking that the 828 is firewire... have you got anything else on the FW bus? like an external hardrive? if so that is your problem.

nova
28-04-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah the 828 is firewire but i havnt got anything else firewire connected. just the 828

278d7e64a374de26f==