PDA

View Full Version : Think my Numark TT 1650 is broken.. help please!

Daz
25-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Well, the deck worked fine before a mates party, I transported both decks too and from the party in my mates car, with lots of bubble wrap etc so they wouldn't get ****ed, but since I've got them home again one of them has been mis-behaving.

Its the pitch control, I put a record on and start it at +0, then if I move the pitch control to SLOW the record down it actually starts to speed up before it slows down, if I move it below -2 the record slows down but on -0.1 to -1.9 it actually gets faster, as u can imagine this ****s things up somewhat!

I find that if I apply pressure to the pitch control while moving it, it seems to work OK but its only a matter if time after I take my finger off the control it will change back to its "****ed" speed :(

Has anyone had any experience with fixing such a problem? Can it be fixed at all or should I be looking for a replacement deck?

Thanks for any replies!

Barely Human
25-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a new slider might be in order. They work the same as crossfaders. If you lose contact on the rails then all sorts of funny things can happen. Id go and get some electical contact cleaner mate and try that. Servisol AeroClean always works well for me, and then ad a touch of Super 10 to lubricate it after..

278d7e64a374de26f==