PDA

View Full Version : track in progress: Strafhof

lau
25-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Track I'm currently working on...

needs to be filled up a bit.. but think the basis is there...

It's a bit of a funky party track i guess.. :eh:

LINK (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/Strafhof.mp3)

Comments really welcome

:rambo:

nova
25-04-2005, 03:27 PM
cool. smart vocal :rambo: . nice clean production.

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Not too bad homie, but also not your best in my opinion. Seems a bit in the likes of Mark Williams and also seems a bit loopy because the track doesn't really seem to go anywhere to me. I think if you add some stabs and some odd Sound FX noises, it should bring it more character in the track homie.

Please don't take my comments as bad though amigo, just personal preferance.

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 07:24 PM
it is a good track for sure, but as Braddy said its a bit too impersonal and it REALLY reminds me of one track in particular but for the life of me i cant remember its name, very ala williams/mac tribal stuff, which is good, but for those guys if u get me?

production really nice tho

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 07:52 PM
but as Braddy said

OK SCOTTY... :lol: for the record though, please don't call me that.... ;)

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 08:04 PM
haha

hit a sore point? ;)

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 08:07 PM
haha

hit a sore point?

No I just REALLY dislike it. :evil:

lau
26-04-2005, 09:08 PM
lol

haha well scotty and braddy... think I'll have to agree on this one with you both...

probably felt kinda gay when I was making this one... :eh:

lol anyways.. with a nice hook I think it could be something.... just love the kick...

not nearly finished too though... been way to busy for skool so havent got loads of time for producing..;

anywayz tnx for the comments next one will be a dark one again..
:rambo:

BRADLEE
26-04-2005, 09:41 PM
haha well scotty and braddy...

:evil:

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 09:43 PM
haha its only a name man easyyyy...

altho i once told a girl off for calling me Scotty... its not that i mind it.... it was her grating accent.... ouccchhhh

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2005, 10:33 PM
altho i once told a girl off for calling me Scotty... its not that i mind it.... it was her grating accent.... ouccchhhh

She wasnt scouse was she scott??? :lol: ;)

Apex Beat
27-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Nice production as always. Everything sounds good to me. Maybe needs a few more elements to bring it together? Dunno though, wouldnt want to overdo it. I guess its fine as warm up track or whatever.

MITA
27-04-2005, 02:39 PM
niceeeee
offbeat lau

maybe some synth to be added..
a bit ringy and shakey...but great track lau!!
production is good as well!

:clap:

BloodStar
28-04-2005, 11:16 AM
i really like the sub bass in this one. ****in powerfull. hats are too loud, id say and i think kick could go little bit lower.. other thant that this one is well produced.could be very very nice after some final edits.. cheers

dirty_bass
28-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Nice tribal workout, I`m digging this.

Ok, first off I noticed the kick is a little muddy and muffled. Maybe a little more crispness, and a bit more sub on it would do well.

I`d skip all the beginning, it`s just superfluous. Go straight in at 00:28 (broken kicks on their own sound wrong for some reason)

At 1 minute this works, and after this point you can pretty much get away with anything. that is one solid groove there mate.

I wouldn`t say the hats are too much, but that the rest of the track could do with more sparkle to meet them.

Overall the frequency coverage here is really full spectrum. nice.

Maybe the drums could do with more punch and presence, as they are just a little bit buried, and this is a drum track after all.

Proper ju ju magic going on in this, I look forward to the finished version.
It does have a slight feel of a track that came out on advanced a while back, called ZULU groove.
But your track is much better.

Dude, so far most of your stuff has really impressed me, the production is nice and full, and there`s a lot of variety, but most of all, personality in your music.

lau
29-04-2005, 07:35 PM
NICE!!!

tnx for the positive feeback all..!! and ofcourse all the pointers!!!..

Definitly will put more time in this track so see what I can do with it....

anyways already started with a new one... If I dont finish a track in one run most of the times it takes long before I start working on it again....( any of you got the same problems...?)

maybe it is because I'm relativily new to music production so my skills are improving each track(or at least I think ;) )

so I'd rather start a new track and try new things to see where I'll end up than finish the last one.....

actually I think I'm like that with everything in my life... :eh: (WOW this techno thingy is really making me understand myself :lol: )

nevermind...

:roll:

audioinjection
29-04-2005, 08:32 PM
nice tribaly track man, i think it sounds good, production sounds phat

good job lau

violenski
30-04-2005, 10:30 AM
thought it sounded real nice. the mix is bright and livly. nice kick and hi end abit loopy but on the dance floor it makes nay difference.!!!¬¬¬

278d7e64a374de26f==