PDA

View Full Version : The Inspectors - LIVE

RDR
28-04-2005, 02:35 PM
O.k. folks, i been doing some re-quirkings so PLEASE let me know what you think.

Also im looking for gigs, im pretty cheap ( :lol: ) so if you feel i might fit your event, let me know.

Thanks so listening and your critical feedback.

P.S. all material is played on ableton live 4 using a yamaha o1x and an evolution uc16. no mastering has taken place. The work is totally live and has not be run through any post process of any kind other than MP3 encoding, therefore what you hear is what you get. no BS.

Cheers

Chris.

http://www.theinspectors.co.uk/The-Inspectors-2005.mp3

nova
28-04-2005, 03:59 PM
downloading it dodgy :rambo:

nova
28-04-2005, 05:02 PM
yeah its cool, im liking the slightly darker stuff you do. good tunes and set. the skippy bits are cool in the tunes.

RDR
28-04-2005, 05:45 PM
thank you, much appreaciated.

Anyone else wanna stick their oar in?

violenski
29-04-2005, 12:19 AM
nice nice i like the hi end
healthy sounding hats. kicks are nice and consistant and good use of filters. you tried using midi instruments in ableton. i found you can get excellent results .!!!`¬¬"""

RDR
29-04-2005, 09:07 AM
nice nice i like the hi end
healthy sounding hats. kicks are nice and consistant and good use of filters. you tried using midi instruments in ableton. i found you can get excellent results .!!!`¬¬"""

Thank you for your input. the sounds are a combination of the ableton 'simpler' and loops created in cubase sx and fruityloops. then treated using the o1v96 EQs in the o1x, also some of the loops have been mangled with an ibanez smashbox or have been taken from 70s pop records being played backwards through a boss sp505 delay fx.

violenski
29-04-2005, 01:40 PM
nice one mang that sounds well fun. good to here people doing stuff in interesting ways.

dirty_bass
29-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Nice.
I`d watch the levels on your bass, do that on a PA and you`ll either blow it, or the limiter will kick in and make your stuff sound shit.
When making PA`s for a sound system, always back the bass off a bit, as you are dealing with high levels of air movement and the bass wiill be a lot bigger than at normal home studio levels.

xfive
29-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Nice.
I`d watch the levels on your bass, do that on a PA and you`ll either blow it, or the limiter will kick in and make your stuff sound shit.
When making PA`s for a sound system, always back the bass off a bit, as you are dealing with high levels of air movement and the bass wiill be a lot bigger than at normal home studio levels.

Wow you guys have limiters on your PA's ? :lol: :lol:

What a concept!! :doh:

Should tell that to some people around here. :lol: :lol:

xfive
29-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Sounds pretty cool man :clap:

RDR
29-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Sounds pretty cool man :clap:

thank you! ill bear the limiter comment in mind. its all run through a multi band compressor and limiter that lives in the o1x, but i reckon the whole mix needs tweaking anyway.

im never ever ever 100%happy with the way things turn out and am constantly working on it.

Anyways... back to the drawing board!!1 hehehe

cheers BOA massive!

278d7e64a374de26f==