PDA

View Full Version : Dave Clarks Red Series 2 or 3 nu-skool breaks remix...

Si the Sigh
28-04-2005, 03:14 PM
About 2 weeks ago I heard a breaks mix of one of the Red Series. I was pretty pissed, and can only remember it being on a white label. The geezer spinnin' the tune said it had just come out. Anyone heard it, or anything like that in the last couple of weeks and able to tell me what it is? :?:

Frank Dogshit
28-04-2005, 03:18 PM
for me thats one tune that should never be touched.

has it been remixed by anyone else previous before? :eh:

Si the Sigh
28-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't think so...? :eh:

I swear to you this breaks mix was phat!

stjohn
28-04-2005, 04:10 PM
breaks is renound for this type of thing... my mates plays breaks and every other week there is a rip off of something or other.....

daveclarkeunderworldsabresofparadisejudgejulesmore underworldetcetcetc

and never do they impress me at all
i think a real example of l'approache du fromage, as we say in france. why not try make your own riffs or hooks and leave good tunes as they are....

Si Begg is the only breaks producer i like and my breaks-mate hates him...

*tut*

some speed garage can be cool sometimes...waow wah...

Zektor
28-04-2005, 06:42 PM
for me thats one tune that should never be touched.

has it been remixed by anyone else previous before? :eh:

I thought Robert "Noise" Hood remixed a Red track...?

eyes without a face
28-04-2005, 06:49 PM
there are numerous remixes of the Red series knocking about, but a breaks bootleg sounds a bit iffy haha... unnofficial too no doubt, so id be careful telling people if i was the one who had done it

Zektor
28-04-2005, 06:54 PM
there are numerous remixes of the Red series knocking about, but a breaks bootleg sounds a bit iffy haha... unnofficial too no doubt, so id be careful telling people if i was the one who had done it

You probably mean the chemical brothers mix...

http://www.nuloop.com/Details.php?arti=30824

http://www.discogs.com/release/118507

:cool: Style: "Breaks"....

Apex Beat
29-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Yep, thats something which annoys me about the Breaks industry. Being a self-confessed breaks head (and dj whenever I get the chance) I usually turn my nose up at these dodgy breaks bootlegs. Often they suffer from poor production and lets be honest, I certainly dont think they give the scene any credit. Its disapointing for me, in the respect that it makes the break scene just look like an immitation of house or techno or even trance (yes I've auctually heard some awful break edits of trance). Ultimately, I've faith in the breaks scene so long as they're are lables like Lot49 releasing quality stuff, which is unique to breaks themselves. Artists like Christian J, Dylan Rhymes, Meat Katie, Elite Force - for me have defined the style breakbeat with a lovely techy sound with big fat kicks and snares, unlike that electroshit drum and bass rip off stuff that at the moment is flooding the shops - rant over! xxx

TechMouse
29-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Yep, thats something which annoys me about the Breaks industry. Being a self-confessed breaks head (and dj whenever I get the chance) I usually turn my nose up at these dodgy breaks bootlegs. Often they suffer from poor production and lets be honest, I certainly dont think they give the scene any credit. Its disapointing for me, in the respect that it makes the break scene just look like an immitation of house or techno or even trance (yes I've auctually heard some awful break edits of trance). Ultimately, I've faith in the breaks scene so long as they're are lables like Lot49 releasing quality stuff, which is unique to breaks themselves. Artists like Christian J, Dylan Rhymes, Meat Katie, Elite Force - for me have defined the style breakbeat with a lovely techy sound with big fat kicks and snares, unlike that electroshit drum and bass rip off stuff that at the moment is flooding the shops - rant over! xxx

The strength of Breaks is in the diversity, if you ask me.

IMHO the best Breaks DJs play all over the shop - occasionally dipping into House, Techno, Electro or whatever - and playing everything in breaks from Si Begg / Tipper style experimental stuff, to the nu-skool Freeland / Pilgrem, to Tech-Funk stuff like Dylan Rhymes / Meat Keatie, through the tearout bassline stuff like The Freestylers / The Autobots and right up to the funky phat style Plump DJs / Stanton Warriors. If you stick in one niche too much it gets boring very quickly.

And yes, there are far too many shit bootlegs in Breaks. Every now and then you get a gem though...

Anyone heard any of the recent Vex'd or SOTEG stuff? Really really dark.

stjohn
29-04-2005, 02:28 PM
every now and again i hear a cool breaks tune.... Marco Carola had a savage one on a triple pack album years ago, cant remember the name but it was on the Gold record

Si the Sigh
03-05-2005, 07:33 AM
That Lot 49 label is spot on... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==