PDA

View Full Version : Sven Wittekind - Serious Bitch EP - Tool Terror Records #1

Si the Sigh
29-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Has anyone got any audio clips of this at all? Its more the B-side I am after a sample of, the Pet Duo mix.

orac
29-04-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.music-head.de/catalog/platte_details.artist-Sven%20Wittekind.titel-Serious%20Bitches.articleid-523505.go_back-true.html

this ep is sooo weak

Si the Sigh
29-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh... :neutral:

I see what you mean.

killarava2day
29-04-2005, 11:48 AM
With respect, I'm really over this stuff atm. There's only so much of it you can play before it's gets boring. And I mean the DJ.

And too, I now understand as to what Dustin had been saying for ages about the poor post production and pressings of alot of this German schranz.

Si the Sigh
29-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I was kind of looking more at the Pet Duo mix, its not really my cup of tea. Shame as I like their stufdf normally.

djlukas
29-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Great ep...

i cant wait to get my copy...

and of course its allways veryvgood to see brazilian artists with more and more releases!!!

congratulations for the pets and congrats for sven for giving then this chance!!!

respect

Lukas

TRB
30-04-2005, 07:32 AM
I liked the record.

Here if u play will work and some friends from others country told me the same.

Well, if this kind of techno isn't your favorite, don't be negative. Respect and be respected. I guess it's the forum rules ideia... ooo :neutral:

Adverse
30-04-2005, 01:36 PM
tool terror lol.

eyes without a face
30-04-2005, 03:11 PM
im sorry but this is a lame record.... seriously, listen hard to it and put ur hand on ur hearts and say it doesnt sound exactly like about 20 other records released last year in this genre

come on ffs

i dont enjoy saying other peoples work isnt any good because its not nice, but if people are allowed to say its amazing then we are allowed to say its not

FUSION
30-04-2005, 03:22 PM
for once i agree with your negativity faceless eyes, this is weak, pretty boring ,,,,,, I think that svens releases will become much more intresting once he learns to use something other than fruity loops,,,,,,,,, dont understand how a producer could put work like this out without thinkin that it sounds boring and the same as everything else, experimentation and originality is surely more important than a few euros in your pocket :evil:

eyes without a face
30-04-2005, 03:24 PM
worrrrdddddd

The Overfiend
30-04-2005, 04:31 PM
jesus christmas :doh:

The Germ
01-05-2005, 12:28 AM
not another one of these boring lifeless tooless fearless records :doh:

TripleX
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
im sorry but this is a lame record.... seriously, listen hard to it and put ur hand on ur hearts and say it doesnt sound exactly like about 20 other records released last year in this genre

word

waldhaus
02-05-2005, 06:57 PM
cool record! much better than the average german hardtechno available at the moment! Witte is always quality!

FUSION
02-05-2005, 08:05 PM
wheres the average stuff then as id love to hear something more boring and less imaginative just for amusment value :lol: serious though not to be super negative sven really dose normally hit the spot just sounds like he`s hit a fruity loops block and needs some proper kit. :clap:

benjames
02-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Exactly!

Tool Terror 1 is Great in a Techno set!

This record is only poor because its not been incorporated into a mix when your listening to the tune alone.

The great thing about Techno (especially German Techno) is the way you can play 2 or 3 records together consistently throughout a mix and use the blending of the tunes as a tune in itself.

When you do this with Tool Terror 1 is sounds great to me!

How can we be in a situation where people are now getting -ve comments for not using the fashionable software

The whole point of music, well lets say Techno is to enjoy the end product. Slagging of tiny parts before they have been buit into sets seems ridiclious to me.

eyes without a face
02-05-2005, 08:33 PM
rubbish

a good record should be able to stand on its own

this doesnt

dirty_bass
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
rubbish

this doesnt

WORD

FUSION
02-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Exactly!

Tool Terror 1 is Great in a Techno set!

This record is only poor because its not been incorporated into a mix when your listening to the tune alone.

The great thing about Techno (especially German Techno) is the way you can play 2 or 3 records together consistently throughout a mix and use the blending of the tunes as a tune in itself.

When you do this with Tool Terror 1 is sounds great to me!

How can we be in a situation where people are now getting -ve comments for not using the fashionable software

The whole point of music, well lets say Techno is to enjoy the end product. Slagging of tiny parts before they have been buit into sets seems ridiclious to me.

Ive got the record here actually, bought it as I had a gig and didnt want to play exactly the same records ive played every other time ive played recently.......in the last few months ive had real trouble buying hard techno (schranz :evil: ) records that arnt boring like this, could name lots of other records records, a couple by sven that sound very similar to this............ personally I rekon it sounds better when each hard tune is different in its own intensity or sets can sound boring, see the end of this mix as example:

http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33446

what I meant about fruity loops is that the hard producers who have more individual sounds such as natus and kremer use proper kit as well to get that individuality.

DJAmok
04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
There's been a lot of shit coming out lately on the german schranz market. Too many kids pressing stuff that guys like Wittekind, Kaoz or myself rejected when we got it as a demo.

But never fear.... there is new stuff by arkus p, wittekind, seema, waldhaus, viperxxl and myself coming this year, that will have a somewhat higher production standard.

btw, this release however is pretty strong I think. I dropped the cd-r a while ago and the crowd went nuts.

granted, it is a tool, but as such you can use it damn well.

eyes without a face
04-05-2005, 11:36 PM
There's been a lot of shit coming out lately on the german schranz market. Too many kids pressing stuff that guys like Wittekind, Kaoz or myself rejected when we got it as a demo

this has to be ironic post of the year surely? ;)

DJAmok
05-05-2005, 05:27 AM
I guess this shows that not everone is granted the priviledge to be able to hear the difference between quality hardtechno and the lesser stuff. Luckily, not everyone is quite as ignorant.

Which is why a release on Artillery will sells over 4 times as often as the beforementioned rejected shit, which is dumped on the market for quick cash.

Anyways, knowing whats coming up in the next few months, I can say for a fact, that the overall production level will rise considerably this year and that this sector is going to keep growing. And the rest of the techno scene can keep on bitching about the overall situation, or they can attempt to come up with something original, that might change things.

eyes without a face
05-05-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, because only u, sven and kaos know what good hard techno is right? :roll: ;)

one mans hard techno is another mans soft, and there is alot more original stuff going down (u did just say someone should come up with something original) which is also alot harder than say this very very average schranz release.... speed doesnt equate to hardness, and half the unknown producers on here do better quality harder techno with alot more depth...

but u say the production levels will rise this year and i hope so, because records like this have been coming out for too long now and if this schranz route is to continue for some then at least maybe things could be stepped up a gear, not for my personal enjoyment, but maybe for each artists own personal sense of achievment?

interesting post anyway :)

DJAmok
05-05-2005, 04:42 PM
There are other labels out there that release quality stuff like Bitshift, but I dunno what demos they get, so I cen't say what has been rejected by them. ;)

But about your post with the unknown producers here; I've been going through the mp3s here on the forum every 3 months or so, but I might have missed something. Got any tips of unknown guys I should listen to?

dirty_bass
05-05-2005, 04:53 PM
But about your post with the unknown producers here; I've been going through the mp3s here on the forum every 3 months or so, but I might have missed something. Got any tips of unknown guys I should listen to?

Messanger.
Without a doubt.
Hard ass shit, without the need to distort the hell out of everything.
Just proper, ear slicing hard shit.

eyes without a face
05-05-2005, 05:12 PM
yeah id say Brad for sure, but its a different type of hardness to the stuff u release on ur labels for sure. its not schranz and i dare say not fast enough, which is a good thing i think

Bloodstar does some wikid stuff too, Bastian Storm does some decent tougher stuff... there's a load on there have a proper look, id say Spark but i know uve hooked him up already, which is cool :)

orac
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
me me

hahahahahaha

serox
06-05-2005, 10:50 AM
very boring. sounds like it was made using software only and made in about 1 hr. same pattern and same sounds.

wish people would really spend a bit more time making records rather than just dishing em out.

serox
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM

Messanger.
Without a doubt.
Hard ass shit, without the need to distort the hell out of everything.
Just proper, ear slicing hard shit.

dunno why some producers (wont say any names) think adding loads of distortion or high bpm make the record hard?

seem to be using the same kick which i think sounds like a wet fart.

TRB
06-05-2005, 11:10 PM
relax guys... if u can do it better do it. ;)

if u allready did, well i hope buy your record and play.

maybe some day you can spinn here... it's better than only say bad things about the producers job.

if is crap or not, who will decide is who buy the records. if u think who bought is supid, why do u care?

get your own life.

i guess it's better.

DJAmok
07-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Totally agree!

Btw, you just gave me an idea:

Here's a challenge for everyone who is complaining: Anyone who is able to make a higher quality / better hardtechno track than Witte's will qualify for an immediate release on my label. And to make it more interesting: I pay darn well ;)

Waiting for pms :clap:

Patrick DSP
07-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Totally agree!
And to make it more interesting: I pay darn well ;)

that is true, he does pay well. ben is 100% legit and solid!

(amok, are we still on for my Artillery #13)

DJAmok
07-05-2005, 01:02 AM
(still on! might flip the numbers around though, i just got some nice demos last week)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
u guys are bringing it down to a "ooo my schranz is better than yours" level and its not about that....

someone posted up Sven's new record with the view of harvesting peoples opinions on it... they were gave, and just because some are negative its toys out the pram time.... im sure if everyone had knobbed the release and said it was amazing then everyone wud b much happier but fact is it doesnt work like that as im sure u know, and saying to people "oh u do better" doesnt solve things, its not a case of who does it better, its a case of trying to make those who are doing it realise that maybe they wouldnt get slagged if they kept things more interesting and fresh, hey lets be really rash and even suggest doing something non-techno as many do.....

its not about paying well either, is that an incentive? "ohh he pays well best knock him some schranz up" jeezzz..... do u think Beltram got paid well when "Energy Flash" first came when he was younger than the schranz lot? i dont....

check the filez section and if u cant find something to release on ur label in there thats better than this tool terror record then il personally eat my own hat

FUSION
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
well said scott :clap: i will have a bite of your hat 2 providing its not a beanie as they get stuck in my throut ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at the end of the day though your tunes or label really dont fall into this catagory amok, as they are always different sounding and varied (what i own anyway) and its nice of you to stick up for sven but deep down im sure you agree this is a weak weak tune which was the hold point of the topic anyway, just to get peoples opinions on it :twisted:

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
no mate its a flat cap, goes down easy on its own or with a nice glass of milk

TRB
07-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry, but I allready understood what are you talking about. For me it's just a record, if u don't like it don't buy. ;)

I will play and I'm sure who bought and liked will play too. So you can stay with your ideia.

I use different tunes at my DJ set from producers like Henry Cullen to Glenn Wilson. And germans producer too. Here in Brasil it's possible because people feel the music and dance. We have party to every kind of Techno, so it's easy... if u don't like don't go, and have fun at another event. Or stay at your bedroom spinning with your friends.

Some german records sounds crap to me too, but If I think it's bad producion I don't buy.

Note this is what I think about the topic. It's my opinion.

loopdon
07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Totally agree!

Btw, you just gave me an idea:

Here's a challenge for everyone who is complaining: Anyone who is able to make a higher quality / better hardtechno track than Witte's will qualify for an immediate release on my label. And to make it more interesting: I pay darn well ;)

mmmh, das nenn ich ne herausforderung :cool:

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 04:39 PM
we live in the uk, its not like we dont have partys for everykind too haha, jeez.... ur missing the point totally, it wasnt aimed at u... as i stated before, opinions were wanted on the record, opinions were given.. no one mentioned wether or not we were going to buy a copy haha

the way u are speaking its "u dont like it so ur not allowed to say its bad, but because i like it im allowed to say its good".... u can play it till the cows come home, that wasnt the question here......

:roll:

DJAmok
07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't think anyone has a problem with people saying they don't like the record or giving their opinion on it. Thing is, many comments were not directed at this record, rather than ALL wittekind's productions and even further to ALL "schranz"

talk about missing the point ;)

The Overfiend
07-05-2005, 06:41 PM
(still on! might flip the numbers around though, i just got some nice demos last week)
Dsp's is better than any of them and you know this.

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
well if we are going for missing teh point, i actually named a production of Sven's that i said rocked, and one i still spin at home from time to time, so errrr... yeah, i missed the point :roll:

;)

DJAmok
07-05-2005, 07:22 PM
argh :doh:

Well those comments miss the point, but I'm still glad you made em ;)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 07:29 PM
of course :)

Mindful
07-05-2005, 08:14 PM
rubbish

this doesnt

why should a record that was made to be played side by side with other music and sound have to be able to stand on its on?

Mindful
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
own not on

dirty_bass
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
rubbish

this doesnt

why should a record that was made to be played side by side with other music and sound have to be able to stand on its on?

Because when people make this kind of music, they justify lazy production by saying "well, it`s supposed to be mixed"

Mindful
07-05-2005, 08:28 PM
rubbish

this doesnt

Because when people make this kind of music, they justify lazy production by saying "well, it`s supposed to be mixed"

But what if it is supposed to be mixed surley its not just lazy.

I would never call Mills or Beyer lazy(not saying you are)but to me this is music that is made purley to stand side by side with other music.
Trance is where the anthems belong.

Mindful
07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
I respect you as an artist Steve but looped up techno is just as importent as any kind of techno to me

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Steve's explained it well enough there

of course its lazy production to just make a record thats meant to be mixed with something else, its like saying "im going to make u a cake to eat, but itl taste like shit until u sprinkle some sugar on top"... whats the point, why not just put the sugar on in the first place... i.e why not just make more effort and produce some hard techno that does, and should, stand on its own even just played end to end

how can u say mills music is music made to stand side by side? he's made absolute stand alone classics such as the bells, step to enchantment, changes of life, Skin deep etc etc... Beyer more so has done the loopy stuff and is more akin to say 3 deck mixing but again, they are still records u cud play at home end to end and still appreciate just as much

this one has been done before, and how people cant see the laziness in saying "oh its meant to be played with something over the top" then that really is beyond me ;)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
might i add there's nothing wrong with loopy, as long as its done well!

Stella Boy
07-05-2005, 09:22 PM
of course its lazy production to just make a record thats meant to be mixed with something else, its like saying "im going to make u a cake to eat, but itl taste like shit until u sprinkle some sugar on top"... whats the point, why not just put the sugar on in the first place

Like alot of the loopy, tribal stuff which dominated the techno scene for so long ( and still does in some clubs ). These tracks are made for mixing and i'm sure the vast majoiryt of people on this forum have bought it at one time or another

Mindful
07-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Some people like to put there own suger on tho Scott.
The reason you fail to see "how people cant see the laziness in saying "oh its meant to be played with something over the top" Is possibly because you personaly are not moved by such a thing ;)

But im one of the people who can listen to the same loop for 10 mins and not get board.

Infact what does bore me is somone who lets the records do the work for them and can onley see a record as a a tune to be played before they blend the next tune in I prefer to see sombody messing about with music rather than just playing it.

And on the subject of mills I would say he is one of the pioneers of techno that was meant to be played side by side with other music.

like you said this has been coverd before but so has slagging off distorted hard techno and most other disscusions on this board it doesnt mean the topic is over does it?

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
yeah of course its there, no said it wasnt, that stuff is there in every genre and i can honestly say ive never bought a record thinking "oh its ok but once i mix it with such and such itl b great", if a record isnt good enough to just be able to drop in a club on its own without having 1 or 2 more records playing underneath/over the top of it then i personally wouldnt be interested in it thats all im saying,

i have friends who lap the whole "made for mixing" thing up and i say the same to them

do u have to play the latest Wunsch offering with 2 of his other records underneath to have the club kicking off? or the latest Ruskin, Itoh, Mulero record in this manner?

no.... ;)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 09:53 PM
im bored by djs who let the records play out too, which is where creative djing comes into play, the records dont have to be loopy and hard to give enough room for trickery et al.... please dont think im just someone who lets a record play and doesnt actually believe in working out which records go together well and compliment each other, my dj style is very cut up based and there is always something going on in my sets and ud b hard pressed to find me just playing a record out and waiting to mix the next one in....

in this day and age, and techno's current state, its the producers who should be striving to make sure the records have the desired effect, not the Dj... someone said to me once a dj is only as good as the records he/she is playing and i thought "****, thats quite true"... even the hottest dj around wont rock it if the records are, for want of a better word, shite......

re mills, if its one thing his music does its stand alone, and knowing mills' mindset and way of thinking, the implication that he made his music so it was supposed to be played with something else wud probably offend the guy haha, he may not be now but at the time he was as forward thinking as it gets and tracks like "Life Cycle" and "The Extremist" are bona fide pieces of music, not just loop tools man....

ive actually enjoyed this whole thread/discussion quite alot i must say haha :)

Stella Boy
07-05-2005, 09:59 PM
do u have to play the latest Wunsch offering with 2 of his other records underneath to have the club kicking off? or the latest Ruskin, Itoh, Mulero record in this manner?

no.... ;)

It all depends on the crowd and what they want, that's what's important for me aswell as my own gratification. My taste in techno does not range on the typical Spanish style you quoted but you wouldn't know seeing as you've never heard me play out ;) I don't stick to formulas or styles when I play out, I like to play whatever takes my fancy OVER tracks by Wunsch, Mulero etc etc :roll:

Come down to darkside next week Scott for the Atkins/Lekebusch night, it'd be nice to see you :cool:

Mindful
07-05-2005, 09:59 PM

no.... ;)

Your wright mate you dont but its nice to build up to that sort of stuff somtimes.

I just dont think that becuause a stand alone track is good that a non stand alone track is pish or lazy.

I agree with most you say and its good that you wont stand for shit techno but to say that a good record should be able to stand on its own is wrong to me,a good record is a good record no matter what it does

We'r off the original subject a little now arnt we oops ;)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
i wasnt making any personal reference to ur style dude i was just serving up a few examples of who, to me, make proper hard, dark techno... the point im making is yeah u can put stuff over to make it more interesting, but do u NEED to? no.... thats the point i was getting at, and its how records should be getting made these days imo...

ive been buying up alot more older records simply because they, to me, have more effect and shelf life than alot of the stuff thats coming up these days and i dont mean just in schranz but in general...

re darkside sorry dude im playing the Voodoo afterparty so a trip to Leeds is out the question, im hoping to do Locked the night before but thats lookin less likely now too... by the way cud u tell Jorge i dont have that phone anymore so cud he email me for my address to send some cd's down

;)

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
But im one of the people who can listen to the same loop for 10 mins and not get board

thats just the point, ive heard loop tracks that have blown my head off and ive had the same loop on for hours literaly at times, but it really just has to be done well!!! there is lazy loop production, and non-lazy.... the original subject was tool terror 1 and come on i think nearly everyones in agreement by now that that is the laziness i speak of

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
haha copied the wrong quote there shud of been the....

I just dont think that becuause a stand alone track is good that a non stand alone track is pish or lazy.

but still same reply haha ;)

Stella Boy
07-05-2005, 10:28 PM
by the way cud u tell Jorge i dont have that phone anymore so cud he email me for my address to send some cd's down

I believe he's in Spain and maybe for good. I've been away for a few weeks and haven't spoken to him for a while but when I do I'll let him know.

With regards to production, off the top of my head I could name several producers who are very succesful which could be classed as lazy but naming names is a rather pointless act but lets say that all genres of music are guilty of this.

eyes without a face
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
yeah totally, ive never once said otherwise, i cud list lazy techno producers all day, just as easy as i could name lazy house, lazy electro producers etc etc... i tend to judge most music i hear on their production values as well as general audible properties, its just a habit and im sure anyone else who produces seriously has noticed themselves picking tracks apart in their head etc without noticing it... its annoying but helps give a better grasp of, well in a technical sense, what is a lazy production and whats not....

ahh i knew Jorge was going to spain but for good? shame if so, he's a good bloke i met him at Voodoo a few weeks back really nice guy

Stella Boy
07-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Aye Jorge is a sound bloke and a good dj, he's a bit hard to understand when you're pi5sed but after 5 years you learn to nod in the right places :lol:

ds2
07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
re mills, if its one thing his music does its stand alone, and knowing mills' mindset and way of thinking, the implication that he made his music so it was supposed to be played with something else wud probably offend the guy....

erm, purpose maker anybody?????????????

Mindful
08-05-2005, 09:13 PM
re mills, if its one thing his music does its stand alone, and knowing mills' mindset and way of thinking, the implication that he made his music so it was supposed to be played with something else wud probably offend the guy....

erm, purpose maker anybody?????????????

exactly was that not the concept behind Pupose maker?

eyes without a face
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
thats irrelevant when its comes to peoples opinions, the examples i gave tracks such as "The Bells" "Changes of Life" "Step to Enchantment" etc are absolute classics and even tho its only my opinion, i think its a widely regarded opinion that these tracks certainly do not lack anything when played on their own, unlike the release in this topic heading....

come on if no one has any more opinions on the actual thread then whats the point in replying to "ohh what about purpose maker"..... some people just wanna flame things up still without something constructive to add to the debate....

ds2
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
come on if no one has any more opinions on the actual thread then whats the point in replying to "ohh what about purpose maker"..... some people just wanna flame things up still without something constructive to add to the debate....

i replied in response to your remarks about "lazy producers" which were all the more hilarious when you came out with this comment.....

mills, if its one thing his music does its stand alone, and knowing mills' mindset and way of thinking, the implication that he made his music so it was supposed to be played with something else wud probably offend the guy haha...

how do you know mills' mindset? you obviously know very little about the guy seeing as he was pretty much the first to utilise locked grooves & minimal loop trax (made for mixing with other records :shock: ) in his sets and on his labels.

this kind of puts a spanner in your whole argument about the schranz tune originally discussed.
a record that was made for mixing but you dismissed it as being lazy..

i'm no fan of schranz by any means and i don't like the tool terror record but this argument is just plain daft.

tocsin
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Steve's explained it well enough there
of course its lazy production to just make a record thats meant to be mixed with something else, its like saying "im
going to make u a cake to eat, but itl taste like shit until u sprinkle some sugar on top"... whats the point

First off, I find the concept of lazy production in techno highly amusing. What isn't "lazy production?" We all sit behind machines and push buttons, often without any thought further than "I wonder what it will sound like if I try this?" Regardless, what you mention is all perspective. Ever taste pure unsweetenen chocolate? It's bitter. Add some sugar, everyone loves it. Throw some peanutbutter on it, more people love it. All this talk about music that sounds the same also seems ridiculous to me as you can say that about any style of techno if it's not your thing. If you're into it, you'll hear the differences. If not, you won't care and you'll get bored. Once discussion of techno music turns into a critique of production quality/technique, in most cases, Elvis has left the building.

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 06:48 PM
no ones saying its not daft, i agree it is daft, but again, and il put it in capitals just in case u miss it

OPINIONS WERE WANTED. OPINIONS WERE GIVEN. SOME OPINIONS DIDNT MATCH WITH THE "OOOOHH WE SHUD ALL KISS EACH OTHERS ARSE" MENTALITY THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE SEEM TO ADHERE/REQUIRE IN ORDER FOR A NICE HAPPY FORUM. A DEBATE TOOK PLACE.

its that simple... re my comments on mills, i was basing my opinion on the occasions ive met Mills and the image that i have of him personally.... i dont particulary care who was the first to make loop tracks, locked grooves etc... in fact il stick my neck out and say i DONT GIVE A SHIT who invented/started either.... fact is... it can be done well, or not... in the tool terror case it was most definately, undeniably not.... the whole "these tracks were made to be mixed with others specifically i.e a tool" just doesnt wash with me personally and i never view any tracks like that, even the stuff i have on purpose maker... they are just records that someone has done in my eyes nothing more, nothing less... most electronic records are made with the view of being mixed so when someone says "ohhh its meant to be a loop, its just to mix with" then 90% of the time for me personally it means "oh i couldnt be arsed actually making something with a bit of personality and my own artistic presence".... not the case with Mills for me because to me its just good music, plain and simple

ds2
10-05-2005, 07:19 PM
OPINIONS WERE WANTED. OPINIONS WERE GIVEN. SOME OPINIONS DIDNT MATCH WITH THE "OOOOHH WE SHUD ALL KISS EACH OTHERS ARSE" MENTALITY THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE SEEM TO ADHERE/REQUIRE IN ORDER FOR A NICE HAPPY FORUM. A DEBATE TOOK PLACE.

agree with that totally :)

but this totally contradicts itself...

.... the whole "these tracks were made to be mixed with others specifically i.e a tool" just doesnt wash with me personally and i never view any tracks like that, even the stuff i have on purpose maker...

but that IS why purpose maker records were made. granted they spawned a million shit copyists but that's not the point.

they are just records that someone has done in my eyes nothing more, nothing less... most electronic records are made with the view of being mixed so when someone says "ohhh its meant to be a loop, its just to mix with" then 90% of the time for me personally it means "oh i couldnt be arsed actually making something with a bit of personality and my own artistic presence".... not the case with Mills for me because to me its just good music, plain and simple

on one hand you're calling people shit for making loop records to mix with and on the other you're praising jeff mills. :eh:

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 07:38 PM
ur totally missing my ppint here paul unfortunately.... im speaking from a personal point of view, the fact that purpose maker was made specifically to put out mix tools/loops really is irrelevant to me, il openly admit that i didnt know that was the labels original purpose, and again il be honest i couldnt care less if id never known... it wudnt change my personal feelings/views on the records... they are simply just records i deem as good and wish to play, the fact that they are on a label specifically set up for loops is a mere coincidence, well thats probably not the right word to use as the label was started when i was still in school haha but u get my point surely.....

ive never called people who make loops shit, not in the general sense from which ur describing it, ive got loop records here that blow my head off (no puns please) and will continue to do so for years... but bad tools, no, honestly, i just dont see the point in them at all... if somethings worth doing its worth doing well and this tool terror thing really wasnt... the thing that got me most was the fact that a whole new label was started for such tools, sven has numerous labels i believe already, and in general techno has farrrr too many labels now so any new ones really shud be pushing things more, and certainly not coming up with debut releases of that calibre

dirty_bass
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
all techno is meant to be mixed.
So to say "oh, I meant this record to be mixed" is just a cop out.
Some producers don`t really have that much musical knowledge and talent, and they use the "oh it`s for DJ`s" argument, to justify the lack of ideas.

Lets face it, your average techno loop track can be knocked together in a couple of hours.
So to put in the extra work to make it a bit different, or a bit more interesting, isn`t some huge task.

Lazy production indeed.

ds2
10-05-2005, 07:53 PM
no it's not

no it's not.

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 07:54 PM
exactly....

its just music to me, good or bad, pretty simple..... the word "tool" is such a horrible word to describe something that should be full of the very essence of the person who made it... a bit deep yes but in production it is ur personal thoughts and views that mould ur music... this just sounds so cold, unoriginal and pretty devoid of anything close to emotion

anyways, a good debate still haha i do enjoy it all i must say lol

god that sounds ****in sad haha :lol:

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
yes it is ;)

ds2
10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
blah blah blah...

:lol:

i think we should just agree to disagree then although that tool terror is a bit poor, i agree with that bit.

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 07:59 PM
again, missed point... i love viewing peoples opinions and havent said anything against that... it was the fact that id already explained mine several times in the thread and was a bit tired of typing it out again, so caps it was...

again tho, that bits over with so lets move on, which we were just about to i think....

tocsin
10-05-2005, 08:00 PM
no ones saying its not daft, i agree it is daft, but again, and il put it in capitals just in case u miss it
OPINIONS WERE WANTED. OPINIONS WERE GIVEN. SOME OPINIONS DIDNT MATCH WITH THE "OOOOHH WE SHUD ALL KISS EACH OTHERS
ARSE" MENTALITY THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE SEEM TO ADHERE/REQUIRE IN ORDER FOR A NICE HAPPY FORUM. A DEBATE TOOK
PLACE.

Dude, if you're going to post your opinion, you don't need to get huffy and respond in all caps when people post their's. Nobody's asking for an ass kissing session. I'll still chuckle at the idea that one loop record is better than another. Whether it's Mills or some kid from Europe, it wouldn't be my thing. But, given that people do and have made records specifically empty for DJ mixing purposes, I don't see how the "good track stands out on it's own" logic would apply to a record that is more or less advertised as a stripped down DJ "tool." If someone asked for your opinion on a Gremlin, would you criticize it for not being a Ferrari? If someone did a pencil sketch, would you criticize it for not being oil on canvas? You could always make the statement that the sketch artist was just lazy for not going the route of creating a beautiful full color oil canvas painting. But, that ignores the very real fact that the artist just may have wanted to draw something rather simplistic with a pencil.

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 08:00 PM
what happened there??? i posted that as a reply but its swapped things round now but it should make sense still... haha...

haha yeah Paul thats a good halfway house as it were, we'l just agree that this is a bad record :lol: ;)

ds2
10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
If someone asked for your opinion on a Gremlin, would you criticize it for not being a Ferrari? If someone did a pencil sketch, would you criticize it for not being oil on canvas? You could always make the statement that the sketch artist was just lazy for not going the route of creating a beautiful full color oil canvas painting. But, that ignores the very real fact that the artist just may have wanted to draw something rather simplistic with a pencil.

you are jeff mills and i claim my limited edition axis willy warmer.

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 08:07 PM
hahahahaha

they have willy warmers too?

neat, if ur into that sort of thing ;)

ds2
10-05-2005, 08:17 PM
hahahahaha

they have willy warmers too?

neat, if ur into that sort of thing ;)

yeah but not your size, the americans never do size small.

i remember falling for an april fools via ideal distribution years ago.
they listed some axis toothbrushes in their mailout.

guess who ordered some :oops:

eyes without a face
10-05-2005, 08:49 PM
haha really? lol

hilarious.... hahahaha

im sure others did too tho lol

Stella Boy
10-05-2005, 09:26 PM
i remember falling for an april fools via ideal distribution years ago.
they listed some axis toothbrushes in their mailout.

guess who ordered some :oops:

HAHAHA !!!!! Classic :clap:

that explains the piece of cabbage that's been stuck in your teeth then :lol:

ds2
10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
that explains the piece of cabbage that's been stuck in your teeth then :lol:

that's not cabbage. ask your lass...

Stella Boy
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I got a roasting off your lass last time this sh1t was discussed so don't go there :dontevengothere:

it was a good spitroast though

dirty_bass
11-05-2005, 01:18 AM
no it's not

no it's not.

Ok, if we are going down the pedantic road.
MOST techno that gets discussed on this forum, is meant to be mixed.
ie 4x4 stuff.
There IS plenty of techno that is just knocked out in a few hours, and is purely loops processed of of loop CD`s.
It sucks, it`s lazy, and in my opinion, no better than the latest churned out cover by a boy band. Except the churned out cover by a boy band will have better production.

stjohn
11-05-2005, 01:55 AM
westlife make me proud to be Irish!!! :oops:

and the whiskey :cry:

ds2
11-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Ok, if we are going down the pedantic road.
MOST techno that gets discussed on this forum, is meant to be mixed.
ie 4x4 stuff.
There IS plenty of techno that is just knocked out in a few hours, and is purely loops processed of of loop CD`s.
It sucks, it`s lazy, and in my opinion, no better than the latest churned out cover by a boy band. Except the churned out cover by a boy band will have better production.

nothing pedantic at all. you said ALL techno is made to be mixed which is total rubbish. i pulled you on it and now you've changed it to MOST techno that's discussed on this small forum...

i totally agree there's ****ing loads of techno banged out in a few hours made for mixing and you're right, alot of it sucks. but that's not what you said and there's a big difference.

tocsin
11-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Where do your opinions come from anyways, Dirty_Bass. You make factual assertions but do you have anything other than a gut feeling to back them up? How do you know one of the most boring loops you've ever heard only took a few hours to make? What's the relevance? If it sounds good, but only took a few hours to make, it's less glamorous? I just find this attitude to be snooty. It's like that dumb rocker attitude I referenced in another thread. See, it would be one thing if people just said they didn't like something. It's when trash-talking is passed off as fact, like you were there looking over the shoulder of a producer as they wrote the thing, that it feels more like a personal grudge. I'd honestly rather just hear someone say they think the music sucks at that point rather than bring up unfounded pseudo-facts to make it look like their is more to their opinion.

On a side note, the name of this label might be the most amusing one I've come across in awhile.

Adverse
11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
oh **** off.

eyes without a face
11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
oh **** off.

sorry but i have to 2nd that :lol:

dirty_bass
11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok, my bad.
Loopy, lazilly produced techno loops are great.
And not at all the techno version of a boy band churning out drivel after drivel.

Yay, endless loops forever :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SlavikSvensk
11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
listen...fellas...loop-based techno can be fantastic...i'm sure everyone on this forum agrees with that...if we didn't, we'd be on an IDM forum or somewhere else...

i think what dirty_bass is trying to say is that a lot of producers don't push themselves. they can write decent-sounding loops very easily, and this leads them to rest on their laurels, and keep releasing decent but unchallenging loop records. this also isn't just 1 or 2 guys, it's a lot of guys, including many of the biggest and most respected producers. and it isn't just 1 or 2 records, it's the bulk majority of them.

tocsin
11-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Ok, my bad.
Loopy, lazilly produced techno loops are great.
And not at all the techno version of a boy band churning out drivel after drivel.

Yay, endless loops forever :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No need to go the opposite extreme now. Just try answering the question instead. How do you know how much effort was put into the record? It gets old hearing this crap especially since you're own of the people who has brought up this "no negativity" stance before. Making unfounded statements to back up an opinion, in the end, is just trash talking. I've got more respect for someone who is just willing to admit they think something sucks at that point.

dirty_bass
11-05-2005, 05:40 PM
IT`s easy to hear.
I`ve heard plenty of techno tracks (I`m not refferring to wittekind here) that are just a collection of loops from various commercial techno loops CDs
No real thought there. If you honestly can`t see that in a lot of the loop techno that has been churned out over the last five years, then you must be deaf.

SlavikSvensk
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
just the last 5? ;)

tocsin
11-05-2005, 05:59 PM
IT`s easy to hear.
I`ve heard plenty of techno tracks (I`m not refferring to wittekind here) that are just a collection of loops from various commercial techno loops CDs
No real thought there. If you honestly can`t see that in a lot of the loop techno that has been churned out over the last five years, then you must be deaf.

I don't own many loop CDs so I wouldn't know. As a consumer who doesn't like wasting time or cash on what I find boring, I don't listen to loopy music, hard techno, "techno" and a number of the genres that are probably most popular here. But, I'm not about to sit back and accuse producers of rushing work through using pre-made loops unless I could specifically trainspot those loops.

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, I`m not gonna name any names, as I`m not gonna start a shit storm by pointing fingers. But it happens.
Even worse is when techno people sample other techno records and steal each others beats. That`s sooo wrong.
Like a washing machine screwing itself

SlavikSvensk
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
i don't think you need to post any specific examples...just go to a store with a recent techno new releases section and pick 10 records at random. most will be loopy and derivative.

and this is not style-specific...i think it's more due to the endless parade of sub-genres, which, in my mind, stymies creativity, as well as the curse of recent technology, which makes producing cheaper and easier for people with good ideas, but also makes it cheaper and easier to produce decent-sounding but ultimately soulless crap.

does this mean i think techno should only be made by people with outboard gear? hells no. i just think it means the ability to produce mediocre loop-tracks is more widespread than before.

i think the solution is for people making techno to take more time with their tracks and try to free themselves of genre-boundaries. the "i only make THIS kind of techno, not THAT kind of techno" mentality is boring to me...

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 01:27 AM
the curse of recent technology, which makes producing cheaper and easier for people with good ideas, but also makes it cheaper and easier to produce decent-sounding but ultimately soulless crap.

does this mean i think techno should only be made by people with outboard gear? hells no. i just think it means the ability to produce mediocre loop-tracks is more widespread than before.

i think the solution is for people making techno to take more time with their tracks and try to free themselves of genre-boundaries. the "i only make THIS kind of techno, not THAT kind of techno" mentality is boring to me...

Yeeehawww :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love you.

xfive
12-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Like a washing machine screwing itself

Washing machines need love too man.... :crackup:

DJAmok
12-05-2005, 03:54 AM
It gets old hearing this crap especially since you're own of the people who has brought up this "no negativity" stance before. Making unfounded statements to back up an opinion, in the end, is just trash talking. I've got more respect for someone who is just willing to admit they think something sucks at that point.

Most people who forward a no negativity stance just forward it, when the negativity is directed against their taste. :roll: And the statements made here are definitely unfounded, because people ARE trying to justify their taste with pseudo-reasons. Once and for all: You don't have to justify your taste! You need not try to "convert" people to not liking a style or a record, because the effort alone is futile. People like what they enjoy and I tell ya, I enjoy even a lesser Wittekind more than 99% of all 'credible' (aka intelligent) techno records. Nothing's gonna change that, especially no made-up bullsh!t about Wittekind ripping loops.

I know for a FACT that Wittekind has never ripped a loop off another record. 99% of the loops he uses are not even from Sample CDs, rather than his own. Sven builds his stuff from scratch. So anyone who wants to keep spreading shit about him, go on, maybe this topic will reach 20 pages, but you ain't foolin no one.

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Err, if you read the posts you`ll see that none of this is directed at Sven at all, it`s gone way off topic.
So calm down.

Sven Wittekind
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
LOL!!! That Topic made my Day!!! :lol:

It´s so funny what some ppl think about me, and everyone know the Way i produce... my whole Studio Park is Fruity Loops :lol: muhahahaha

But i can listen to critic, when its true... tghe most of the comments i read here are shit, sorry ...but its true!

When u dont like the Record, dont Buy it, i dont have a prob with it!
But dont try to tell ppl outside what Kind of Techno is good for them etc.
Toolterror is normally an Looptechno Label...thats why it called toolterror, also i dont know why u have something against it, because Glenn Wilson Track (just to have an example) are also 5 minutes the same loop!!!! And he uses loops more then 1 Time etc. but everyone says...oh what a ****in new Track.

when u not like German Sound, dont listen to it.

The Only Guy who knows something about me here is AMOK, he speaks the truth. Thx my Friend :clap:

but damn it...maybe u like the next Record more...now keep da Peace, i am out :dontevengothere:

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
[quote="Sven Wittekind"]

Toolterror is normally an Looptechno Label...thats why it called toolterror, also i dont know why u have something against it, because Glenn Wilson Track (just to have an example) are also 5 minutes the same loop!!!! And he uses loops more then 1 Time etc. but everyone says...oh what a **** new Track.
/quote]

Yeah, that`s fair enough, although a lot of the comments here went beyond you, and into broader techno terrortory.
I suppose without debate life becomes boring though.

SlavikSvensk
12-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that`s fair enough, although a lot of the comments here went beyond you, and into broader techno terrortory.
I suppose without debate life becomes boring though.

i was talking about techno in general, not sven and also not schranz.

i also think a lot of loop-based techno has been great over the years. i bet anyone on here who tries to say otherwise is being hypocritical.

but i think, and i'm assuming dirty_bass agrees with me, based on his arguments...that generally speaking, there is sickness in techno and part of it is attributable to the large number of throwaway loop tracks that flood the stores and online retailers week in, week out...

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
yep, that`s it.
Too many kids with the technology, wacking together some loops from "techno essentials 2" in fruity, and then bunging out 500 copies within a rew months of leeching the software.

Sven Wittekind
12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
yep, i know that...and its sad.

but we do this stuff since 5 years...so dont put me (us) on the same level like a guy who stole Fruity Loops a week ago and take some Loops from a Sample CD!

I dont use any stolen Loops...!

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 06:45 PM
without wising to sound condescending u europeans really take things to heart.... no one even said u used stolen loops or loop cd's primarly, the debate was that this is an extremely loopy record, which a few of us deemed to be pretty below average... which it is im sorry dude i dont know how u cant see it yourself, especially when compared, by myself yet again before u think this is some kind of witch hunt, to ur Headnut ep which still now undoubtedly rocks it... that was all, so i think u both, especially Amok, need to calm down and just accept that this board has members whose tastes reach beyond yet another 145 bpm tool record

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
and really, spreading shit about you? come on as if, this is one internet message board whose core user base is on average about 50 people, the techno forums id narrow it down to about 30 people who regulary post on here...

seriously tho there's no smoke without fire, and if people who a year ago were raving about u are no saying the opposite, doesnt that tell u something? a bit of overkill maybe... i read that Amok had over 20 records out in his first year, which i find alarming never mind surprising... but that seems to be the nature of release with schranz/harder techno, a higher release ratio compared to other genres/sub-genres i guess but still....

i think this topic has been a very healthy one if people can actually see the reasons behind any negativity thats been deemed to be posted on here.... i personally enjoy these kind of debates because without them people wud just plod along mumbling to themselves and getting grumpy :)

Mindful
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
i think this topic has been a very healthy one if people can actually see the reasons behind any negativity thats been deemed to be posted on here.... i personally enjoy these kind of debates because without them people wud just plod along mumbling to themselves and getting grumpy :)

word

FUSION
12-05-2005, 08:46 PM
yup seconded, you really are taking the words out of my mouth at minute "strange floating in mid air faceless eyes" and sven, please dont be so offened man, it was just an opinion on this one tune sounding like a few of your others at the minute, no big deal, no one said you were nicking loops and your named began with B ;) your production output over the years has generally rocked :clap: all critisism is constructive, maybe on the german forums people dont speak there minds but here we do and this surely is a good thing?

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 08:51 PM
maybe on the german forums people dont speak there minds but here we do and this surely is a good thing?

WORDDDDD

i cant believe it, FUSION speaking sense ;)

Sven Wittekind
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
yup seconded, you really are taking the words out of my mouth at minute "strange floating in mid air faceless eyes" and sven, please dont be so offened man, it was just an opinion on this one tune sounding like a few of your others at the minute, no big deal, no one said you were nicking loops and your named began with B ;) your production output over the years has generally rocked :clap: all critisism is constructive, maybe on the german forums people dont speak there minds but here we do and this surely is a good thing?

first of all, thx for the 5-6 positive words u gave to my work.
Like i said, i dont have a problem with constructive critic, i really like it to see what happens outside....otherwise i would surf arround on some Forums ;) When this Record didnt rock u, its no prob for me, ok i am a bit dissapointed , but ok...its just one Track from over 50 i did the last 4-5 Years.

And i was dissapointed to read here nonsense critics from ppl i liked earlier times... but ok. thats the way it is :crackup:

maybe check out the inflicted number one..which i did with quick and smart, that is a new sound i produce at the moment ;) Also inflicted number 2 will be totally different to this Record here. maaybe u´ll like it :)

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
And i was dissapointed to read here nonsense critics from ppl

hmmm... i must admit i didnt see any nonsense in the thread, only valid opinions, from both sides of the counter i must add, but still, just opinions....

Sven Wittekind
12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Its only one Person.
...but it makes no sense to talk about it!

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 11:42 PM
:neutral:

Sunil
12-05-2005, 11:48 PM
I think all the Schranz bashing has to stop, it's getting a bit much. Endless pages of people saying the same thing doesn't really get us anywhere.

I still like Schranz I have to say, but mainly from the better producers in the scene like Amok, Wittekind, OBI, Arkus P and perhaps one or two others. However there's been a lot of samey records the last while, this 12" for instance is no-where near your best Sven, surely you can appreciate this?

Anyway, as far as it goes, a bunch of *good* schranz records is still great at the right time of a set, I just wish you guys would add new dimensions to your sound and perhaps forget about what the kids want for a few minutes?! Maybe I'm wrong in saying that, but you guys are getting a bit older now, I'm sure you've got more to offer sometimes than the normal schranz loop? It's certainly healthy to diverse a bit, I don't think anyone here would disagree with that...

eyes without a face
12-05-2005, 11:54 PM
well yeah to be honest i dont like seeing slaggin either, but whilst people post up new threads that are schranz based, and again no offence but especially low quality schranz, then ur gonna get both sides of the coin reply wise, and people cant expect not to get this to be honest.... we all live in different area's, have obvious, different tastes, and afterall are only human ;)

maybe those who do schranz should, as uve just rightly said, try and raise the bar a little? its been a few years of doing this stuff maybe bring something a bit more personal and exciting to the mixes?

;)

SlavikSvensk
13-05-2005, 12:09 AM
There's been a lot of shit coming out lately on the german schranz market. Too many kids pressing stuff that guys like Wittekind, Kaoz or myself rejected when we got it as a demo.

this is what Amok said.

let me paraphrase him to reiterate the point that many people here were trying to argue. and just so there is no confusion, this is obviously not slagging any individual...it's a general comment on the state of techno, and something inspired by the discussion on this thread:

There's been a lot of shit coming out lately on the techno market. Too many kids pressing stuff that should have been rejected when received as a demo.

that's what i'm saying, and i think that's what others are saying as well. nothing personal at all!

slavestudios
13-05-2005, 02:24 AM
WOT THE F**K ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

IF U DONT LIKE IT, FINE..

but eyes & dirty... be aware there are many ppl who dont like wishy washy detroit melodic laden ballix ;)

jesus you ppl.... what a bunch of f**kin women..

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 03:37 AM
but eyes & dirty... be aware there are many ppl who dont like wishy washy detroit melodic laden ballix ;)

Bit of an uneducated comment.
I don`t like wishy washy detroit melodic laden ballix either.
It`s yesterdays music.

SlavikSvensk
13-05-2005, 06:32 AM

It`s yesterdays music.

sorry dirty...this is where we part ways...can't make proper future music without a proper appreciation for what made techno great in the past...and that goes for early chicago, mid-to-late 90s sweden, etc. in addition to detroit.

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 07:03 AM

It`s yesterdays music.

sorry dirty...this is where we part ways...can't make proper future music without a proper appreciation for what made techno great in the past...and that goes for early chicago, mid-to-late 90s sweden, etc. in addition to detroit.

hehe, poop. You can make future music without ever even hearing detroit techno. There are other things of influence. For me anyway.
I never got into techno for, or from detroit.
In my personal books, it`s irrelevant to me historically. As may be the music that I look to as my history for making future music.

Joey who?

Si the Sigh
13-05-2005, 07:21 AM
*Si wishes he hadn't asked for audio clips* :lol:

The Overfiend
13-05-2005, 09:17 AM

It´s so funny what some ppl think about me, and everyone know the Way i produce... my whole Studio Park is Fruity Loops :lol: muhahahaha

But i can listen to critic, when its true... tghe most of the comments i read here are shit, sorry ...but its true!

Toolterror is normally an Looptechno Label...thats why it called toolterror, also i dont know why u have something against it, because Glenn Wilson Track (just to have an example) are also 5 minutes the same loop!!!! And he uses loops more then 1 Time etc. but everyone says...oh what a **** new Track.

The Only Guy who knows something about me here is AMOK, he speaks the truth. Thx my Friend :clap:

but damn it...maybe u like the next Record more...now keep da Peace, i am out :dontevengothere:

Don't put yourself in the same category as Glenn bro.
Defend yourself and stand by your own music, but you and your genre of beatsmithing are not on the same echelon as Glenn. Use your own music or artist friends to back up your argument.

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Defend yourself and stand by your own music, but you and your genre of beatsmithing are not on the same echelon as Glenn. Use your own music or artist friends to back up your argument.

I didn`t know there was an echelon in techno.
It`s subjective isn`t it.
Some people may love what glen does, others may think it`s poo.
That`s humanity that is.
Idolatry is wrong.

slavestudios
13-05-2005, 10:40 AM
DB, you know what i'm gettin at...

jus cos one person dont dig a sound, doesnt mean everyone is gonna knock it...

say what u like bout that Wittekind track. it rockas.. and its got something almost everyone on this foprum doesnt..

A SENSE OF HUMOUR

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 11:05 AM
I wasn`t even talking about the wittekind track really.

slavestudios
13-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I wasn`t even talking about the wittekind track really.

:lol:

i thought thats what the thread was about..

never mind. i'll give it up..

DJAmok
13-05-2005, 12:36 PM
On the last two pages there have been some statements which have a point.

"If people were raving about it last year and this year they don't, then something is going wrong." - I totally agree. I do ask myself whether or not people just are again flocking like sheep to follow the current trend to bash hardtechno though. But that I cannot judge.

"Maybe those who do hardtechno should raise the bar a little" - Again, I agree and I've been trying my best to do so lately. So when my new records come out, please be the judge.

Peace out

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 12:42 PM
"Maybe those who do hardtechno should raise the bar a little"

I think all of us, in all types of techno, should be constantly raising the bar, and seeking to push ourselves, sometimes even into less safe territory, not just hard techno, all techno needs to be doing this.
The only reason hardtechno gets a hard time, is becasue it became so popular that all the producing for 5 minutes kids with fruity, rather than taking label rejections and learning from them to improve. Just punted out their own stuff on cheap labels.
Of course there is good hard tech out there, and of course their is dire experimental or dark or whatever.
The fact that you have stated you are trying to raise the bar yourself, means you have the right attitude, which will separate you from the clones and the copycats in the long run of things.

eyes without a face
13-05-2005, 02:11 PM
i think pete was referring to me with the wishy washy detroit thing haha, yeah sure, thats cool, i know people wont enjoy my stuff, but i know some people do, and others will.... but what i wont do is throw my toys out the pram when people pull me up for not enjoying a release... and i could back myself up anyway because i dont just do detroit-esque tracks, i have numerous releases lined up ranging from pretty much straight up house to dark techno, some tribal stuff and also a few electro bits getting sorted out so yeah a good variety no doubt...

as i said if someone wants an opinion then they'l get one, and it wont b sugar coated, if i dont like it, then i dont like it.... it doesnt affect my views on the producer, whoever it maybe, if ive enjoyed and own previous releases, it merely saddens me a little about the current quality of their output

but on the plus side some of those producers are realising things are not quite as they should/could be and are putting in more effort or at least have plans to do so, which is all good

The Overfiend
13-05-2005, 02:14 PM

I didn`t know there was an echelon in techno.
It`s subjective isn`t it.
Some people may love what glen does, others may think it`s poo.
That`s humanity that is.
Idolatry is wrong.
none at all to be honest im talking producer skill status

Adverse
13-05-2005, 03:04 PM

i think you need a cape defender lugo. and some theme music.

SlavikSvensk
13-05-2005, 03:54 PM
none at all to be honest im talking producer skill status

that's still subjective

jon connor
13-05-2005, 05:12 PM
****ing blinder :clap: wooooooooooooooooooooooo! nice grinding stuff reminds me of some good old days , eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wen i was a lad :love:

The Overfiend
14-05-2005, 07:45 AM

i think you need a cape defender lugo. and some theme music.

I think you need a bitch slap and a tutu, but I'm not saying nothing.

MARKEG
14-05-2005, 08:49 AM
this thread is disgusting. just cause i had to sort my studio pc, i didnt get to be a part of this.

sven's doing his thing and doing it well. let him the f alone if you dont like it.. well

f you. i'm sick of this bullshit attitude in recent techno towards anyone who sticks with a certain 'style' of techno or someone who is 'schranz' or who is 'this ' or that'. god these guys are trying to keep techno going. ok, fair play if you want to start getting anal about what 'is' techno and what 'isnt'. But please keep it to a different thread. We don't want that f'ed up bullshit on this thread. This is not what BOA is about.

Sort yourselves out please PPL.

TOPIC CLOSED

SVEN ROCKS :)

278d7e64a374de26f==