PDA

View Full Version : Extensive Mail list of techno events / programmers globally

Ritzi Lee
04-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah that's right.
I'm trying to make an extensive list of emails of programmers / bookers of events.

I know there are at least 1100 of those emails.
But booking offices won't give it to me. Ofcourse, these companies depend on such valuable lists.
So I have to do it myself.
Are there more people over here who need to do these things themselves? Then here's a change to make a nice list, so we can share it make our own promotion / schedule spam out.

Only i'm trying to find out about if it is responsible enough to spread such mails over here on a forum. Because everyone, also non artists, can see the list and abuse it.

How to solve this?

dirty_bass
04-05-2005, 01:10 PM
You are onto a good idea here.
A list of promoters and stuff would be helpful to everyone.
This website does have a certain amount of exclusivity due to the joining up process.
I`ll speak to mark about it, and maybe we can get a sticky put up, here or in the promotions section.

Tony
04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
yeah, good idea, but you do have to have quite a stringent filter on who has this information made available to them.

theres a big difference to the succes of a tour etc, if you have certain charecters who might be ,.....................

'dude with lots of enthusiasm and a box of 100 records'

and
'dude who may remain quiet but observes and books specific artists for specific events'

this doesnt include me so far, as i am not quiet, and have a total of 105 records :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidding!!!

but i'm sure you know EXACTLY what i mean.

i have seen some people ABUSE email lists, which ruined the rep of the night that put people in cc rather than bcc. it can really go THAT bad!!

tocsin
04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Don't put the e-mails up in the forum. Rather, just start a moderated listserv. A number of sites offer the "mailman" list management program. You can add the e-mail addresses to it, keep them invisible, and leave the e-mail list open to messages from anyone who would send them, subscribed or not. If you ran it in moderated mode, you'd have final approval before something got out which could keep away unwanted spam. That would be a way of doing it if people are concerned about privacy and spam.

audioinjection
04-05-2005, 08:49 PM
nice idea, i could use that as well :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==