PDA

View Full Version : Reason 3...

Jay Pace
04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
...cracking.

Combinator makes life so much easier.

Still haven't quite figured out to integrate it properly though.
Producing in Reason is fast intuitive and encourages creativity.

I usually end up staging everything in Reason, then redoing it all in Cubase to take advantage of all those lovely VSTs.

Anyone got any integration tips?

Mirsha
05-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah I've found combinators handy, I didn't realise they were new to 3.0 though as thats the first version of Reason I've used.

I'm perhaps guilty of over using them, it's quite typical for me to use a combinator for everything, even sticking a single FX unit in a combinator, as it makes it much easier to plug in more fx later on if you feel like it. It also makes it easier to keep a track of whats what, as you can rename the combinators to keep a firmer idea in your head of whats what.

One of the things that will be handy when I start playing with it more is using a combinator to chain several effects together, then programming it so the combinator buttons map onto paramaters then syncing it up with Ableton live so I can control al the variance in the sound through a single MIDI channel mapped onto the programmed combinator, rather than having multiple MIDI channels mapped onto the various modules.

Apex Beat
05-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I jumped the Reason train and moved to ableton not so long ago, since then my production has really progressed and I havnt really looked back. Still think Reason was awsome for composing classical music though, might install Reason 3 and take a look - whats changed?

tocsin
05-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Just curious, but has anyone tried using Reason and Abelton together live? If so, how were your results? I don't know if it was my processor or DSP, but I had not so great results running Reason rewired to Abelton in a live setting. The external MIDI sequencer I was using to trigger sounds in Reason were very lagged. Running Reason stand alone, no lag. Processor is a 2ghz celeron. Figured it could have been that but I'm not sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==