PDA

View Full Version : Berlin

Fordy
04-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Dont really know if this is the best place to put this buy oh well.

Basically im flying out to berlin on the 20th of july for a week so just wondering if anyone has gone and could give us any information possible about nightlife, clubs, bars, landmarks etc.

From what ive read so far, Mitte in East Berlin is where I need to be ? Few club names I have are, Watergate, Weekend & Beat Street not sure where these are in relation to Mitte mind. Anymore names would be very welcome. Record shops, rotation & hardwax.

Were basically in the process of trying to book ourselves into a hostel/hotel in a location closest to the cool clubs, bars and landmarks etc. Im under the impression this is mitte but someone who has some knowledge would be greatly appreciated, especially people who actually live in berlin if anyone?

Music wise, we are after things on the techno(obviously), minimal, electro, house sort of tip.

Cheers for any help anyways, it would help a great deal :)

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2005, 12:07 AM
there r a few people from berlin on here.

pm crime i think he will know

killarava2day
05-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Berlin never gets portrayed well on TV...always looks like a cold, poor heavy industrialised city.

Can't wait to get there later this year though.

Let us know how it all goes.

Tony
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
its a bloody lovely friendly place.

go to the cinema complex by the mercedes hq, very mad 'james bond baddie' kind of place.

i went to a few clubs there, watergate was great, but i can remember the names of the others. watch out for the 24hr licensing, lovely!!

then its the usual hardwax and west berlin shops for your records. i didnt visit many others.

DJAmok
05-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Berlin never gets portrayed well on TV...always looks like a cold, poor heavy industrialised city.

Can't wait to get there later this year though.

Let us know how it all goes.

well that's kinda what it is ;)

Fordy
05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
It sounds so fu*king cool, cant wait. Everyone ive spoken to comments on how clean the place is and how nice everyone is. I already want to move there permantly :lol:

Anyways thanks peeps, ill try pm'ing crime for more info.

Basically confirmed that getting a place to stay in mitte is the best option and go from there.

Still after advice etc though so anyone than can point me in the right direction of some things would be appreciated. Really dont know whats going on the week im there, hopefully some kick ass parties :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==