PDA

View Full Version : help making BIg Bases ala Dj Crow.

Twisted Hardcore
05-05-2005, 03:09 AM
anyone got any tips on making theose big powerfull WOOMPH bases between the kicks...

like what vsts and what settinsg to play with? pullin my hair out, is there a techniqe or a particular bit of kit or hopefully software?

Barely Human
05-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Loads of ways you can do this, but ive had really good results by taking any sound, distorting hell out of it, then making it feeback with something like predatohm. Then i automate the volume to get the warp sound. Then i add any old synth and set to a pure sine wave to beef up the bottom end.

Mindful
07-05-2005, 06:39 PM
try reversing it aswell

Mindful
07-05-2005, 06:40 PM
try reversing it aswell

TechnoRaver
15-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Also mess around with the filter and amp envelopes, adjusting the attack on both these can get that whoomph sound. try messin around with the positioning and lenght of notes.
Ive been caining the malstrom on reason for my basses, its a well under-rated synth, u can do some nuts shit with it.

NFP
31-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Novation bass station is a good piece of software to mess about with.
Twindle about with the attack and envelopes, I usually use freakpower bass and a quadrafuzz effect and you can make similar basslines to norman bass and lisa pin up

NFP
31-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Novation bass station is a good piece of software to mess about with.
Twindle about with the attack and envelopes, I usually use freakpower bass and a quadrafuzz effect and you can make similar basslines to norman bass and lisa pin up
www.reaperrecords.tk

278d7e64a374de26f==