PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cast

fatcollective
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Right, i have downloaded a programme for doin live web casts called "Ice Cast" i am after trying out a web radio station from my site, the problem is i aint got a clue how to cofigure it, ive read all the help on it & it just says you have to configure a file (which is some coding on a notepad file) i have seen the file but it just looks like a load of gobbldy gook to me, has anyone on here ever use Ice Cast before? or can anyone even reccommend another programme for doin webcasts? that may be a little more easier to configure?

Anyones help on this 1 would be great as i really dont have a clue! Cheers Ppl ;)

Wayne ;)

MangaFish
07-05-2005, 11:48 AM
shoutcast. its easy to set up, easier to use and dead easy for people to listen in to providing they have an mp3 player that can stream (ie winamp, media player and i think even real player can)

www.shoutcast.com

NB programmed by nullsoft aka winamp and gnuttella :clap:

Mirsha
07-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I tried Ice Cast once, I couldn't get it working because I didn't have a blessed chicken at hand to perform the rituals required to make it run The instructions were pathetic as well.

As said above, Shoutcast. Two installs for the server and the Winamp and you are set to go, though I've found the plugin won't work with Winamp 5 though, I'm using Winamp 2.

278d7e64a374de26f==