PDA

View Full Version : Paul Bailey - Order,s for Offering,s

Dirtyacid
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I,ve just bought this record off www.juno.co.uk what a f**ki%g awsome tune I,ve just had a spin of it properly today & I heard it banging on me door it,s so up my street I love the moody almost hellish main riff this tune is so awsome im off to beat the meat :rambo:

Has anyone else got the fantastic vinyl & what do you think :?:

ds2
05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
it's a killer.

if you like that then buy his split 12 with makaton on rodz konez.
it's even better...

http://www.discogs.com/release/242758

ds2
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
no soundclip but you can buy it..

here (http://www.musicstack.com/my/item.cgi?item=140331814&seller=9736&search_type=ar tist&find=makaton)

Fordy
05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Paul Bailey is the fcuking man, love everything he releases.

miles
05-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I,ve just bought this record off www.juno.co.uk what a f**ki%g awsome tune I,ve just had a spin of it properly today & I heard it banging on me door it,s so up my street I love the moody almost hellish main riff this tune is so awsome im off to beat the meat :rambo:

Has anyone else got the fantastic vinyl & what do you think :?:

funny really. Paul always seams to walk in the shadows of regis and surgeon (sorry for mentioning them again) ;) ..i feel he's a far more versatile producer and doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is the birmingham original!!!..every ep is wicked.

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2005, 11:03 PM
i do feel this way. People seem to be put off by him djing. He is a very versatile producer and i deffinantly hope he gets the recognition he deserves. maybe this ep will push his stuff onto the masses a bit more. then they will hear the other stuff he has released.

rooms of the contagious
batery girl :evil: all of the tunes are awsome on this
change the promise
sour candy E.P- bothsides

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2005, 11:04 PM
ohh and saturday boy original mix :shock:

Boboagogo
06-05-2005, 12:22 AM
his new one is very weak tho, u all must admit.. run of the mill wank imo!

sending out an sos is my personal fav. and his 2nd track on R.O.A also .. evil music :rambo:

marginmaster
06-05-2005, 11:06 AM
he is a legend.

dirty_bass
06-05-2005, 01:45 PM
his new one is very weak tho, u all must admit.. run of the mill wank imo!

Behave yourself. Demeaning an artists work with a valueless comment like this reaks of ignorance.

Boboagogo
06-05-2005, 04:07 PM
'reaks of ignorance'

do me a favour ffs. i dont like the record, i think it is the epitomy of everything that is shit about techno atm. this is just my opinion, and i wasnt demaning him as an artist, ive loved every other release of his, just think this ones very weak techno. on 2nd listen '808 hurricane' aint that bad but the rest are pointless. there has been so many records released over the last few years that sound like this that i dont even know why he bothered. severely lacks the dark edge that ive liked about his tracks, and those melodies just dont work at all.. almost cringed at 'drama' tbh.

Adverse
06-05-2005, 05:26 PM
i agree. reeks of ignorance was a bit fascist. it seems the condescension is becoming more overt? follow my lead LOL.

dirty_bass
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
'reaks of ignorance'

do me a favour ffs. i dont like the record, i think it is the epitomy of everything that is shit about techno atm. this is just my opinion, and i wasnt demaning him as an artist, ive loved every other release of his, just think this ones very weak techno. on 2nd listen '808 hurricane' aint that bad but the rest are pointless. there has been so many records released over the last few years that sound like this that i dont even know why he bothered. severely lacks the dark edge that ive liked about his tracks, and those melodies just dont work at all.. almost cringed at 'drama' tbh.

there you go, please explain yourself rather than throw random insults.

I am here to moderate, and by Marks terms I`ve been pretty leniant, I`m trying to keep a very loose order in here, and it isn`t easy.

Zektor
06-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Well, I think he is the man.

And I don't consider his music "Birmingham"...

It's just Paul 'Damage' Bailey music.

:clap:

Antoinette @ 1881
06-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Dont worry Dirty_Bass I expected some reactions like this as most of the tracks are quite a departure from previous 1881 releases. I didnt expect it to be everyone's cup'o'tea but it was far too good (IMO) to sit on a cd in a dusty corner of the studio. There's plenty more evil in the pipeline :twisted:

Antoinette
http://www.1881records.co.uk/Media/releases_03.gif

Stretch
06-05-2005, 11:05 PM
i do feel this way. People seem to be put off by him djing. He is a very versatile producer and i deffinantly hope he gets the recognition he deserves. maybe this ep will push his stuff onto the masses a bit more. then they will hear the other stuff he has released.

rooms of the contagious
batery girl :evil: all of the tunes are awsome on this
change the promise
sour candy E.P- bothsides

I'm still lovin the Sour candy and Rooms of the Contagious releases. Running machines reminds of the Hog dancefloor whenever i put it on.
His 1881 stuff is excellent too although I haven't got the Drama one yet.

I've got a couple of mixes by him on Soulseek if anyones interested. One's recorded in Doornroojse. My user name is cymk.

Antoinette @ 1881
07-05-2005, 12:07 AM
I know I shouldnt :nono:
but..............have any of you got this Paul Bailey release?

http://www.countrymusic.co.uk/paul-bailey/images/pb010cd.jpg

heh heh! :twisted:

Boboagogo
07-05-2005, 12:38 AM
now thats the real shit!! :lol:

BastardoElectrico
07-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Just picked that one up Antoinette went down a storm with the line dancing massive down in Tipperary :lol:

Stretch
08-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Paul Damage has lost all credability for me, now that he has been 'outed' from his line-dancing closet.

;)

BastardoElectrico
08-05-2005, 07:51 PM
808 hurricane is my favourite track off this...
that split record with makaton is ****ing awesome as well as is saturday boy **** it havent heard a bad track by this guy yet

eyes without a face
08-05-2005, 08:03 PM
so call it wank is just hilarious.... compared to about 75% of the records coming out lately this stands mighty high....

Bailey rocks it straight up, no messing around either djing or production, total badness

:rambo:

Adverse
09-05-2005, 12:29 AM
word scotty.

Boboagogo
09-05-2005, 08:57 AM
but 75% of records released lately are woeful, and this aint much better. compared with his other releases this has got to be one of the worst imo.

Apex Beat
09-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Orders for Offerings is a brilliant release in my opinion, that vein of techno. At the moment its really getting me dancing around my bedroom. I love that Glenn Wilson Hero's 006 as well, really dark distorted techno and I ****ing love mixing it. I also enjoyed relationship to authority and change the promise aint so bad either ;) :rambo:

eyes without a face
09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
yeah its ok to deem something as not as good as past releases, but honestly this isnt even close to wank.... cheeky biscuits 1 mate, go check that out, now that is wank!!!! :lol: ;)

Boboagogo
09-05-2005, 06:12 PM
i actually like that cheeky biscuits track, poundin so it is :shock:

dirty_bass
09-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Dont worry Dirty_Bass I expected some reactions like this as most of the tracks are quite a departure from previous 1881 releases. I didnt expect it to be everyone's cup'o'tea but it was far too good (IMO) to sit on a cd in a dusty corner of the studio. There's plenty more evil in the pipeline :twisted:

Antoinette
Sweeet.
Please keep us bang up to date.
1881 stands in the face of mediocrity, so just keep it up. You can`t please all of the people all of the time.

eyes without a face
09-05-2005, 07:02 PM
i actually like that cheeky biscuits track, poundin so it is :shock:

i do hope thats a tongue in cheek comment haha ;)

Akkachar
09-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Paul is da man...

Buttman
11-05-2005, 10:14 AM
New Veto - ing amazing. :clap:
New 1881 - When I received it I thought it had mixed up with a Miss Kittin lacquer at the pressing plant but obviously not!!!! :shock:

Buttman
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
New Veto - ing amazing. :clap:
New 1881 - When I received it I thought it had mixed up with a Miss Kittin lacquer at the pressing plant but obviously not!!!! :shock:

Tony
18-05-2005, 03:10 PM
so, does that total 'one' derisive comment. ever feel in a minority.

i tend to gues that paul doesnt really care for what others think or paper thin trends in techno, he's himself, and he rocks!! nuff said.

miss bass
18-05-2005, 05:01 PM
not keen meself, fair dos though.

basslinejunkie
18-05-2005, 05:04 PM
not keen meself, fair dos though.

my opinion's the same.

duncandisorderly
20-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Antoinette

and in this increasingly country and western post "stand by your man"

nice one irish

say hello to ya man for me

ddxx

8bitapocalypse
20-05-2005, 09:25 PM
YO WHO BE BADMOUTHIN MY MAIN MAN MR DAMAGE!

Pauls a ****in wicked producer and a dj with crazy skills! :clap:

marginmaster
21-05-2005, 11:36 AM
anyone remember his gabba sets at early HOG??

they were pure evil. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==