PDA

View Full Version : help needed!! Nord Modular

lau
07-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Well...

just got a nord modular ( the rack version..) ... But I have absolutely no idea how to use it....

When producing my music I mainly work with ableton and logic... So my question is: is it possible to use it within ableton/logic just like all the virtual synts...??

so can I sequence the synt in ableton and than throw some effects over it..??? Or do I have to record the sound of the synt and than use it as a wave in my sequencing program??

I know sh*t about these things so if some one could help me out that would be really appreciated!!!!

tnx

lau

Evil G
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
it uses 2 pairs of midi cables - one pair for the editor, and one pair for your sequencer. to automate parameters, right click on them in the editor, and assign a midi CC number, then use that midi control in your sequencer. bring the audio back into the computer though your sound card and apply whatever fx you need. you might have to play around with your midi sync offset to make up for the latency of bringing the audio into the computer.

nova
07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah with logic you will be able to record parts ei 1-16 to audio channels. just mute the ones you dont want to record. and on the channel for that part you will be able to selsct wot input to record in from ie the 1 the nords in ;) and i just going on how most synths would work. i havnt used a modular before. i kno that has software with it for modulation. i think!!!

Komplex
08-05-2005, 01:32 AM
ok do this:

create a midi track in Live and assign a channel number to it, make it channel 1 as an example and then assign your Modular's bank A to channel 1.

Now route the audio outputs of your modular into your soundcard's audio input, or through your mixer or whatever (dont know your setup).

Now create an audio track in Live and change the input to "external in" or whatever the name is.

Now sequence something in the midi track. Your Modular should be making noise and you should be hearing it. When you're ready to record, arm the audio input track and launch the scene. As you're recording, tweak the shit out of your Nord's front panel knobs and just keep recording. Then hit stop.

Now you have everything recorded as a clip (or pattern in the oldschool way of things) and you can chop up the good bits and throw them around your track.

If something didn't work or you're not getting sound consult your Live manual. It's all in there.

Komplex
08-05-2005, 01:38 AM
and that whole proces is the same for any external midi controlled gear.

lau
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Aightt

Tnx for the help got it working now!!!!

:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==