PDA

View Full Version : [hardtechno] knife party_update

greasyfastspeed
11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
hardcore techno @ 140bpm

http://junkies.splask.co.uk/ipomoea%20-%20knife%20party.mp3

i'm gonna work on getting some dark synths in there as well i think.
cheers all!

mike

dirty_bass
11-05-2005, 04:32 PM
The knives are great.
This is a little simple at the moment, a little empty.
Everything sounds very dry, and kind of sits around the same narrow band of frequency.
This is probably due to the distortion/compression.

Some sounds could be sent to separate buses, and given some shine and warmth to give this more life.

greasyfastspeed
11-05-2005, 08:06 PM
cheers mate.
i'd imagine it is the compression doing that, theres lots of it :lol:

i'll try your idea of routing some sounds and warming them up.
do the knives sit ok with the kick? i've listened to this alot the past few days so my ears are blending everything into one :roll:

BRADLEE
11-05-2005, 10:02 PM
I really like the knives too. It is a very cool concept. Nice hard beat but I think a bit too heavy on the distortion as well. Maybe bring down the gain on your distortion plugin. Also could use just another touch of percussion. Something that would be cool is maybe A knife being sharpened. Could make shaker type perc with that.....

Very good idea man :clap:

nova
11-05-2005, 10:39 PM
banging tune splask. them knives realy good idea. some mad edit on them somwhere in a break would sound cool. like some streched twisted thing or somthing!!. like uberdruck on his chainsaw!!! a few more sounds would be cool aswell some bits just seemed abit empty. tis not realy a bassline tune so im not gonna say bass. bit more hats in places or somthing??

acidsaturation
12-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Why didn't I think of that - after being questioned by a copper about whether it was a good idea to sharpen my kitchen knife on the front step...

Love the sounds, but I do agree it could do with a bit more - maybe that's just me not being so into purely percussive techno though. Like you said, some dark synths may be cool - if not a bassline as such maybe a subtle low pulsing sort of bass drone to fill ot the bottom end. But yeah - Like it!

j_s
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
pretty cool.
some nice slidy grooves going.

as far as i can tell the kick works ok with the knives, though i think they clash with the hats a bit....
synths sound like a good idea, would help fill up the mix a bit....

greasyfastspeed
12-05-2005, 01:39 PM
cheers guys, lots of ideas here for me to get on with :lol:

greasyfastspeed
13-05-2005, 01:48 AM
version 2 here, going in the right direction i think, fat kick and some atmopshere. still gonna work on the hi's though.

http://junkies.splask.co.uk/ipomoea%20-%20knife%20party%20v2.mp3

nova
13-05-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah dude tis banging. liking the breaks aswell. this is just me....the atmopshere might go on alittle to long. would of been nice just to hear it drop in in places. like when the track hits in i would tak atmopshere out. and let the the drums and bass and knives do the work till ya can drop somthing out then drop atmopshere in like, break. tis sounding good sounding good keep growing it! ;) .

Q-Co
21-05-2005, 01:49 PM
this is one very nice track!!!

the knife's are absolutely great and very original!!

gonna put it on cd and play it at several party's.

if this should be signed, i would defenetly buy it right away.

great stuff

dirty_bass
21-05-2005, 02:18 PM
As a tune this works quite well.

PRoduction wise your gonna have to work real hard.
Everything sounds very muted, this is probably dure to compression and distortion.
There`s no real depth or bass in there.
And the top end kind of sits in the very high mid, and goe`s no higher.
The empshasis has changed since the original and is dominated by the kick, so the groove doesn`t really work too well.
If you really want your kick to be the main feature, then it needs to be much crisper as right now it is pretty dull, due to the distorion.

278d7e64a374de26f==