PDA

View Full Version : osx installer

nova
11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
hi dudes, bit of a silly q. wot is the option key on mac???. ive gotta do a apple test thing coz my computers playing up again. and ive been tring to do the osx installer thing to get a clean harddrive like when new but its not working its say error in installing osx or somthing. and been having probs with my plugins getting locked and no one knos why hav been on to psp which dont kno and there the plugins that hav got locked. emagic tecsupport aswell coz the plugins hav just been going off the list whilst im using them and is saying logic cant open because core audio could not find. and memory which i hav recenty got up to 1.5gb. and kno one knows feck all!. so i want to get back to fresh osx buit i cant even do that. coz the errors and i think tis to do with them locked plugins.

somone please help

greasyfastspeed
11-05-2005, 04:30 PM
the option key is the 'alt' key. inbetween 'ctrl' & 'cmd'

goto your plugins folder, library/audio/plugins/ and just check your plugins files dont have a lock on then. 'cmd+i' a plugin and uncheck the locked box.
if not, i'd try a repair permissions on the hard disk.

nova
11-05-2005, 04:58 PM
thanks man, ive been tring to repair permissons today. that even fecked up was just crashing thats when emagic said to restart the whole lot. if i didnt mind. which i didnt.

i'll hav alook see if plugins are locked. then repair. thanks again dude ;)

nova
11-05-2005, 05:05 PM
and dude when i repair disc permissions theres 2 harddrive things which do i doit to?? says 55.9 gb toshiba mk60 the below that a macintosh hd. which 1??.i aint got any other hd attached.

yeah just check all the plugins and none are locked.

cheers man ;)

greasyfastspeed
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
the 2 hd's are really the one. ie; it shows your actual physical hard disk (toshiba) and then the volume mounted on it (macintosh hd). try and repair the macintosh hd.

i'll have a little think about what else it could be and get back to you.

in the meantime, see if you can get a copy of diskwarrior, i think its by alsoft.
that fixes most mac issues. jus dont be tempted to use norton or any of that crap.

nova
11-05-2005, 05:26 PM
yeah will do cheers buddy. can i buy that on download then from somwhere??. and dude just before i seen ya reply i tried uninstalling logic and that was locked by sphere or somthing. and i was having problems with waves c1 so i done the uninstaller and reinstalled it and logic isnt locked now so i got rid of it and gonna reinstall it. but could this be somthing to do with the waves bundle. and the permissions repair just running and running. it was going like 3 hours this morning. how long does it normally tak. im sure i dun it the other day and it tuke about 3mins. but now just seems to crash.

thanks man ;)

nova
11-05-2005, 05:54 PM
the plugins might off been going off the list because of memory. i didnt think it was but got ride of the tune i was doing and they came. also in the compents folder sounds weird but the the white thing above the righting for the compent had gone. but came back when i got ride of the tune. but its strange coz i only had half a track done with logic since ive got my computer back from having a new harddrive. and the ram is upto 1.5gb and seem to run better when it only had 756 or somthing.

i had motu mach on about 4-5 parts, 1 esi, vintage warmer, nitro, waves c1. and about 4 audio channels with loops in. i cant understand why that whould of pushed it that much. coz there was only half a tune done with logic. like no more tunes started with it. only 1. and before ive had like 10-15 tunes done and havnt had this happen.

my comp needs a local docter on call out!!

greasyfastspeed
11-05-2005, 08:29 PM
hmmm. try rebuilding the desktop. restart your computer and hold down 'cmd+alt' then click ok and let it run. restart after this.

also try deleting the preference files for logic and waves.

g
11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
hmmm. try rebuilding the desktop. restart your computer and hold down 'cmd+alt' then click ok and let it run. restart after this.
that's only applicable under OS 9

nova
11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
hi m8. i got the plugins all working now but.... the permission repair just aint working. do i hav to verify disc permissions first or somthing??

and dude wot will getting rid of the preference files for logic and waves do? will i need them again??

thanks for all ya help man!! ya wicked, getting tecsupport off applemacs like getting blood outta stone

ah yeah im osx 10.3.4 ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==