PDA

View Full Version : Hard and funky tune in progress-need critique

djshiva
12-05-2005, 03:14 AM
i haven't really worked on the sound and mixing yet, but i chugged this one out last night trying to avoid packing up my shite for a very unplanned move.

lemme know what youse think:

http://www.subterror.com/djshiva/mp3/DJShiva-Dissipation.mp3

i think it may need more background texture, and i hate where the synth goes after the second break, so any suggestions are welcome.

Dai-boy
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
just 2 say liked this m8 look 4ward 2 hearing final version :clap:

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Crazy madness. Pretty cool.
The tune itself is fine.
Some of the sounds are too dry, but seeing as you are still working on it, I`m assuming you`ll be working on this.

I will say you need to get that bass under control, as it really muddy`s up the low mid to low bass area.
I`d cut it around the kick, and also pull out the low mid and some of the high bass on it, as it buries the kick.
Also that kick has too much sub to go with your super bass, so I`d clip that, and move the kick emphasis to the high bass area.
Other than that, just little bits of verb hear and there, and maybe a bit more overall sparkle and your good to go.

BRADLEE
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Well I am only listening in Heaphones so I cannot critique in detail on the mixdown. However the tune itself is really great!!! Press this one right now so I can rock it out like your last one!!! :twisted:

The tunes just keep getting better and better girl! Keep up all of the great work :clap:

djshiva
13-05-2005, 03:19 AM
Crazy madness. Pretty cool.
The tune itself is fine.
Some of the sounds are too dry, but seeing as you are still working on it, I`m assuming you`ll be working on this.

I will say you need to get that bass under control, as it really muddy`s up the low mid to low bass area.
I`d cut it around the kick, and also pull out the low mid and some of the high bass on it, as it buries the kick.
Also that kick has too much sub to go with your super bass, so I`d clip that, and move the kick emphasis to the high bass area.
Other than that, just little bits of verb hear and there, and maybe a bit more overall sparkle and your good to go.

yeah. i have been wrestling with that bass a bit. trying to get more done by DEMF, but i have to move in a week, sooo...dunno...

thanks for the critique tho. :) it always helps. i am still sooo in the learning phases of production (although i think i always will be...).

dirty_bass
13-05-2005, 03:33 AM
[quote=dirty_bass]

thanks for the critique tho. :) it always helps. i am still sooo in the learning phases of production (although i think i always will be...).

No probs
I don`t think the learning ever stops.
It`s when you think you know it all, that`s the time to worry.

audioinjection
13-05-2005, 03:46 PM
wicked track shiva, im liking this

good job

xfive
13-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I like this.. ;)
The only comment I have is to maybe do a bit more after the synth goes away in the second half..... instead of dropping each piece out one by one.

djshiva
14-05-2005, 02:13 AM
i really hate where the synth goes in the second part of the song. oh well...must pack and move and then deal with it after that. :)

thanks everyone for critiques. they give me many ideas!

heavy beats
21-05-2005, 05:49 PM
cool tune. :clap:

Seb Neitsa
22-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Nice work :clap:
reminds me some Umek sounds

djshiva
18-07-2005, 07:59 AM
did a little work on this...still not sure if it's done or not...

http://www.subterror.com/djshiva/mp3/DJShiva-Dissipation.mp3

BloodStar
18-07-2005, 10:06 AM
nice track. like the grooves, and that bassline is sweet aswel, even there could be more bottom on it.. some little riffs right before new sounds are added,would be also nice, just for half or 1 bar,,. but i like it as it is,even if there could be some more standout sounds would be nice..

eyes without a face
18-07-2005, 10:10 AM
yeah things get a bit buried as the track goes on, definately needs more going on in the bass, and maybe bring that bassline in a bit sooner too

like the track just the mix needs sorting a bit

djshiva
18-07-2005, 11:01 AM
[edited for repeat post]

djshiva
18-07-2005, 11:01 AM
still working on getting that bassline just right. still getting used to this new damn apartment too (soundwise i mean...getting used to the way the monitors sound up in here).

i was working to try and sort the bass out so it didn't clash with the kick. did i overdo it a bit?

and bloodstar...you thinking maybe just some added sounds with the fills?
yeah that might bring it out a bit.

yay! thanks as always for feedback. :)

BloodStar
18-07-2005, 11:15 AM
i was thinking about some short whips (1 or half bar of sohrt hook)here and there..right before changes in a track. it could bring more accent on sounds which are added,then., i think.

278d7e64a374de26f==