PDA

View Full Version : MPC 2000 SCSI to USB conversion cables

The Divide
12-05-2005, 10:35 AM
The mpc has a SCSI connection on the back. Recently I have come across the SCSI to USB cable (nice one Pat). Just wondering if anyone knows if anyone knows if I can use this connection to plug the MPC directly to the PC and use it as a mass media storage devide enabling sample drag, drop and messa control.

If that be the case then buzzing! Aii

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 11:42 AM
i think theres some sort of software to do this

cant remeber at the moment :oops:

but if you ask here

http://www.mpc-forums.com/index.php?sid=07317235f5b883fe2d3fc76be3e79372

keep me updated to cause i'd like to know a bit more about this

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
just found this on a ebay item

MPC Edit" software for PC makes it a breeze getting beats into the MPC.. drag and drop files from you browser onto the vitual MPC pads, export the program to the USB zip, take the disc out, put it in the MPC..it then loads the whole program + samples and you are away, a massive time saver!

the mpc is also fitted with an internal zip disk.

But you would think that you had a scsi to usb lead you could just transfare straight over

[/quote]

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.midicase.com/mpceditor/index.htm

The Divide
12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the link, I have put a post up on thread by someone whos in my position

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=232450#232450

Thanks for the links to the software, thing my question is based on the connection type (SCSI coversion to USB)

My mate has a MPC 1000 and that has USB on it so he can drag and drop sounds onto it

xfive
12-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok re-read your comment there...
If you did find one that does this, I don't know if it's gonna work like a mass storage device..
The mpc expects the data to be sent in a certain way over scsi... and the software that recognizes samplers is expecting to send to an mpc in a certain way over scsi....

The way the insides of the mpc 1000 work, it treats it more like a disk, and thus you can just drag them over..

I could be totally wrong but I don't see it really working... only shot is to try it :)

The Divide
13-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Funny thing is the SCSI cards playing up, it hangs when i select load from SCSI just saying 'wait...'

I think its a blown fuse on the SCSI board itself :cry:

xfive
13-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Funny thing is the SCSI cards playing up, it hangs when i select load from SCSI just saying 'wait...'

Ah damn,...

Find an Adaptec 2930CU.... should be a cheap and compatible PCI card ;)

The Divide
13-05-2005, 10:35 AM

Ah damn,...

This is the card on the Akai itself im talking about mate

messyfuture
13-05-2005, 01:12 PM
how do you have the scsi on the mpc wired?

do you have a zip drive?

xfive
13-05-2005, 02:01 PM

Ah damn,...

This is the card on the Akai itself im talking about mate

oOOoooo damn :neutral:

278d7e64a374de26f==