PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Acid Saturation - Pogrom

acidsaturation
12-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok so the guitars/vocal and and the breakbeat (albeit heavily mangled) are the samples off computer music last month, but they were so nice I had to...

Love to know what people think. My main dilema is does the crunchy, compressed sound of it sound ok or does it need bringing the parts out a bit more and lightening up a bit... I qute like the crunchyness, but not sure how it'd translate on a bigger system - if it'd be too muddy...?

http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~unicnb/tracks/new/Suburban_Acid_Saturation_Pogrom.mp3

dirty_bass
12-05-2005, 06:43 PM
This has avery cool, acid techno style percussive melody in it.
I like it.

Right from the get go, this is pretty dull, I don`t mean boring, I mean accoustically it lacks brightness.
I think the compression is constraining the levels a little too much, as the kick lacks punch.

Really, you just need much better separation between all the elements to make it work.
It`s worth finishing, this is a good, high energy tune, without cheesyness, and makes good use of less obvious sounds.

the guitar like drone is really nice, and has nice movement within itself.

I`d suggest a total zero level breakdown.

Zero the volume on all channels. Bring in the basic main elements. Kick, Hats, mid range groove. Get them so they sit really confortable together both in EQ and level. Then slowly bring in element by element, in order of importance, and careful sculpt each element back into the track.

Sometimes a total rebuild is the best way to approach a final mix.

acidsaturation
12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for listening. Gonna (try to) take a break from it for a few days then do that when it's fresh again.

nova
13-05-2005, 11:52 AM
proper get on the dance floor and hav a stomp!! that is. your style reminds me of lab4. laters dude :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==