PDA

View Full Version : Cubase sx query

miss bass
12-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Hi peeps,

Just wondering how i can save on cpu, as ive been told i can 'point' some of my midi tracks (say theyre all battery) to one midi track or vst?Yet they play simultaneously?

Is this just friends trying to get me over excited about something which wont work or ..?

Its just i have lots of different battery tracks going at once or say fm7 and my computer is dying at times, even when i freeze vsts.

Cheers

loopdon
12-05-2005, 10:05 PM
not quite sure, coz i am on fruity loops. but one thing must work:

either: do you need so much stuff going on to bring your message over?

or: if it's not that much stuff actually, is your cpu too weak, perhaps?

c) bounce tracks to audio (resample), then place as audio tracks in track= far less cpu consumption; or does freezing do quite the same job interms of saving cpu-power?

and back up on fx/eqs actually any vsts, if they aren't really needed.

hope that was at least a little helpful.

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
why dont you just record the midi tracks to audio

and are you using battery v1 or v2...... i have found that the newer one runs better

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
you type to fast loopdon :rambo:

xfive
12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
She's asking to point multiple midi tracks to one instance of battery, instead of using a bunch of them.
I know it can be done... someone pipe up. :lol:

stjohn
12-05-2005, 10:29 PM
on the left there are popout menus....

if u have the 'inspector menu' popped out for ur selected midi track, u can choose the midi out which will be 'battery VST' or whateva...

doin this for more than 1 midi track should trigger the same 'battery' on different midi tracks!!!

loopdon
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
you type to fast loopdon :rambo:

:cool:

xfive
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
on the left there are popout menus....

if u have the 'inspector menu' popped out for ur selected midi track, u can choose the midi out which will be 'battery VST' or whateva...

doin this for more than 1 midi track should trigger the same 'battery' on different midi tracks!!!

That's what I thought.. I haven't used Cubase in ages tho ;)

miss bass
12-05-2005, 11:14 PM
not quite sure, coz i am on fruity loops. but one thing must work:

either: do you need so much stuff going on to bring your message over?

or: if it's not that much stuff actually, is your cpu too weak, perhaps?

c) bounce tracks to audio (resample), then place as audio tracks in track= far less cpu consumption; or does freezing do quite the same job interms of saving cpu-power?

and back up on fx/eqs actually any vsts, if they aren't really needed.

hope that was at least a little helpful.

erm either = yes i wana process the **** out of everything and make it gnarly as hell because im a rebllious bitch.

or = its pentium 4 2.8 ghz

c = i do bounce to audio, just wondered about this thing what ppl keep mentioning, but again even doing that helps but not quite enough.

St john - I can put battery on each midi track yeh, the same battery, but i dont :neutral: cuzzz i want a seperate one for different bits ... :eh:

messyfuture
12-05-2005, 11:15 PM
maybe time to get some more ram?

xfive
12-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Ram isn't gonna help this problem.. it's cpu speed/bus speed related.
She has a gig anyways.

miss bass
12-05-2005, 11:45 PM
ah well worth a try

xfive
12-05-2005, 11:59 PM
ah well worth a try

He answered your question..... Battery has multiple outs... you can point those to different busses for fx.... and thus still use one Battery :roll:

:)

ceylon82
13-05-2005, 01:26 AM
The problem you are experiencing could be a 'denormalisation' problem within cubase itself. It happens to me a fair bit. The following is some info on the phenomenon. Enjoy

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct02/articles/pcnotes1002.asp[/url]

RDR
13-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Which version are you using tasha? if its sx2 then you can use the freeze function to free up CPU.

PM sent.

miss bass
15-05-2005, 10:16 PM
ah well worth a try

He answered your question..... Battery has multiple outs... you can point those to different busses for fx.... and thus still use one Battery :roll:

:)

:dontevengothere: errr no rolling eyes thanks

Yeh i could assign each midi track to the same battery - obviously, but i wasnt asking that question as i know the answer, therefore, what the **** is the question!! Im trying to ask something i have been told about, but maybe were all thinking different things.

Il just keep boucing to audio **** it

detfella
15-05-2005, 10:34 PM
:roll: :eh:

i don't really understand what you're asking...

the more battery u have open the more cpu (freezing won't help too much). have u filled all the cells in 1 battery & using another with different sounds?

having lots of midi tracks in a project shouldnt increase your cpu

miss bass
15-05-2005, 11:09 PM
:roll: :eh:

i don't really understand what you're asking...

the more battery u have open the more cpu (freezing won't help too much). have u filled all the cells in 1 battery & using another with different sounds?

having lots of midi tracks in a project shouldnt increase your cpu

i dont understand the focus on just battery, i was talking about midi tracks - vsts etc.

I dont understand the question really, thats why im wondering if anyone can kinda grasp. It was just where someone quickly explained theres a way of instead of bouncing down, making a bus and stuff...

doesnt matter, il carry on with ways which i know will be fine.

Thanks

RDR
16-05-2005, 11:41 AM
(freezing won't help too much).

hows that then det?

The Divide
16-05-2005, 11:54 AM
You need to bus.

Make a bus from Birmingham to Leeds, then another bus from Leeds to Cleckheaton, be nice and I will meet you half way. All your vst, midi questions could be solved over a nice cup of tea :shock: :lol:

miss bass
16-05-2005, 01:09 PM
You need to bus.

Make a bus from Birmingham to Leeds, then another bus from Leeds to Cleckheaton, be nice and I will meet you half way. All your vst, midi questions could be solved over a nice cup of tea :shock: :lol:

aww your my ickle angel :love:

The Divide
16-05-2005, 01:39 PM
You need to bus.

Does that mean your coming then?

Best get the kettle on

Will show you a few tricks :shock: :lol:

miss bass
16-05-2005, 05:28 PM
of course ;)

loopdon
20-05-2005, 12:01 AM
problem solved then, eh? :crackup:

xfive
20-05-2005, 12:34 AM
You need to bus.

Does that mean your coming then?

Best get the kettle on

Will show you a few tricks :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==