PDA

View Full Version : Umek

Buttman
06-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Not that a really care but.... Is 'Pharmacid' really Umek's last production?

Buttman
06-06-2003, 05:55 PM
... Not that I ...

Esox Lucius
06-06-2003, 06:26 PM
last ever production?

hope so, no more boring loops!

MARKEG
06-06-2003, 06:30 PM
hey tf - reduce the size of your avatar will ya?

DJZeMig_L
06-06-2003, 06:50 PM
C' mon guys Umek is a brilliant producer He can do all sorts of music.. I have loads of stuff from him since his early ZET/ Absense/ Expire... sure he can do preatty easy stuff but he can also do some nice dance like a madman tunes... he's got a very personal touch... I down for he's stuff a play loads of his tracks.. but then again I don't play all that much Birmi./ Glen sort of stuff... IT's ALL Techno and it's all good!
Jus my 2 cents anywayz!

Z

Esox Lucius
06-06-2003, 07:14 PM
don`t know how to mark, i will change it to something else.

Sunil
07-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Umek's productions are as loopy as anyone elses. I don't really play his stuff anymore, the last two Consumer Recreations however i liked. The guy is a huge talent, I don't think any of us should wish he'd just piss off, because he's the sort that'll turn around unexpectedly and hit you with something really ****in' good. One problem I have with his harder stuff nowadays though is that it's too polished or clean sounding- I guess that's always been a characteristic of his though..

eyes without a face
07-06-2003, 10:36 AM
umeks tale is a sad one. imo, about 3 years, 4 years ago the man couldnt b touched. he exploded onto the scene, with his double pack on Tortured unded MUMPS giving him a massive boost, every since the period he's gone slowly downhill production wise. he can produce some excellent tracks, especially the first MUMPS release on tortured, nice and hard. but he does too much shit that outweighs the good.

and he needs to start playing some new records when he Djs out, saw him last friday and he was shit. technically i think the mans got talent, but musically he needs to sort things out.

kROKar
07-06-2003, 03:56 PM
well Umek will never stop producing music, since he has got NO school (he quitted for DJing). As I know him, hes got like 60+ trax on his computer that havent been even published and will be in future 3years. He allways does trax in advance and all his top trax were made loooong before released. He is sort of a hiperproduction machine.

Dont know how he plays outside but here in his hometown he allways does good. But he has one problem, he lost a lot of fans since hes playing sort of 'pop' techno :(
Technically, he is still one of the best.

Esox Lucius
07-06-2003, 09:43 PM
krokar

that`s what i mean mate, it`s the cheesey techno that he plays that is getting a bad name for himself, he is getting a lot of stick for playing at hard house & trance clubs aswell.

Buttman
07-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Now I care even less.

kROKar
08-06-2003, 06:24 AM
excactly, but....
cant blame him for playing where the bigger paycheck is :?
and somehow ppl love that cheesey techno----> pop

Sold soul like most of top DJs :(

DJZeMig_L
08-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Guys ... Don't wnat 2 get in a support/ don't lik' him fight or anything, but I had the pleasure 2 meet Umek about 4 years ago and we talked 4 quite a bit, he was also surprised that he was getting so big in such little time... he's own coment " ... 2 years ago every1 diced my music because it was to hard and distorted now I can do all I want and they'll "like" it, ..." , also he really seamed like some1 who cared a lot about supporting and showing all sorts of electronic music...
About what he plays as DJ!? I haven't heard him in a while, but I guess if U live fast and hard into this 1 thing U can get tired preatty soon, and then incorporate lots of diferent things, specialy if u already like lots of diferent things...
Most djs I know don't just play/ luv 1 sub-style of techno...

Like some1 said he can really good stuff in all styles (IMHO), of course I don't really dig this exorciser stuff but I guess people who r into that slot will luv it... 2 me it stikes me as a major acomplishment being good at more that 1 sub-style :)

Finally Umek didn't strike me at all like the kind of person who follows money!!

SO ... I buy what I like the rest I don't really mind, plus I know lots of people who admire umek 4 the stuff I don't care about!! ... ALL in all... major Respect and admiration 4 some really great tallent!

NO FLAMES PLEASE :P

Z

Paul Nisbet
08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
The guys is a talent... no doubt. Not a hundred percent into his stuff, but i can appreciate in my eyes the hard work he puts in.

The expression "Build them up, too knock them down" springs too mind, when reading this.

Col
09-06-2003, 12:44 PM
theres nothing wrong with a bit of eastern european filth, this man can produce some great dark :twisted: melodic techno at times,

so a few of the bandwagon boys have started to play his records, it will soon wear off, trust me :wink:

djfurness
09-06-2003, 06:34 PM
quote-'i went to see him last friday and he was shit'

???? at bugged out???????????
lad he ****in boomed it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the end of the day hes a class act...........
so judge jules and that play his stuff......so what.........
mark plays quite cheesy trance bollocks sometimes but we still love him 4 it dont we????

MARKEG
09-06-2003, 06:42 PM
cheesy trance bollocks??????????????????? :!:

well i might play hard trance/hardstyle quite a bit in the UK but i definitely dont go for the cheesy stuff when i do :wink:

eyes without a face
09-06-2003, 09:57 PM
he didnt "bang it out" at all. he played boring, middle of the road loopy techno. he was awful

i went to Atomic Jam on sat to see djs such as Chris Finke, Ade Fenton and Dj Rush. thats proper techno

Jimfish
10-06-2003, 11:16 AM
well, i have to stand by ze migl on what he is saying here.
imo umek is a very strong producer, yes he has done a lot of boring loopy stuff, but so have most of the boyz. And yes a lot of he tracks are getting played by knobbers like 'the judge' but thats cos 'the judge' likes it/thinks its trendy, not cos umek is bumming him.
Apart from all the boring stuff he has done loads of really quite ****ed up tracks and some rather tasty electro bits too..
In fact, dare i say it; i think he is more diverse than most... certainly infinitly more so than glenn wilson, whom most people on this board (including me) seem to adore!
I dont have any problem with anything umek is doing, and admitidly, while all of it is not my cuppa, i certainly wish him well.

John Vella
10-06-2003, 07:35 PM
No lone musician can please everybody......

-jOHNNY

miromiric.
11-06-2003, 09:51 AM
i just realized umek has a gig here in zagreb this friday.
i think i`m gonna go and have a few good laughs. :lol:

DJZeMig_L
11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Thankz jimmah! :P

I guess my main point is maybe we should only judge Umek thru the stuff he does on the style we like!!
I mean Mark does he's Transe thang and we don't hammer him bcause he went that way aswell ... above all things, respect!

I don't wanna sound preachy on anything but I have live all my life playin/ producing stuff that every1 around me diced, they all though that was noise... always sorrounded by rockers n' now by House freaks... so that made me realise that U gotta respect others tastes, and try 2 understand if something is good or bad even thouh it's not yer thing...

Also like I said I met Umek and I must say he is 1 stand up guy who sounds like some1 who that 2 deal with lots of sh** 2 get were he is now... He's the kind of guy that really inspires U 2 produce...
He had this radio show were is ideia was 2 show music, all types!! he never played the same track more than once, so people could hear all sorts of music...

Z

kROKar
12-06-2003, 02:12 AM
He had this radio show were is ideia was 2 show music, all types!! he never played the same track more than once, so people could hear all sorts of music...

Z

true, true.... back there show was called Consumer recreation, i wonder why :D

djfurness
13-06-2003, 02:23 PM
no offence meant mark at all..............at the end of the day i was there back in the days of skelter lovin trance as much as you!!!!
i just meant to get the point across that just because jules and tiesto and the like play his stuff doesnt make him any less talented or good does it??

im sure mark has played tunes that judge jules and the like have played but we still have respect for mark dont we????????

and at the end of the day i went to a.jam as well ewaf and i still think umek boomed it at b.out..........we'll just have to agree to disagree i think

278d7e64a374de26f==