PDA

View Full Version : Locking threads and not being able to speak our minds

eyes without a face
14-05-2005, 10:36 AM
im sorry, but mark, come on, locking threads just because people dont adhere to the "lets all love one anothers music and be happy" ethos... you've just posted up a new thread on how u think Sven rocks, well surely if ur allowed to do that then there was no problem with people giving a negative view on his music....

during the whole thread people, more so myself, repeat and make a point of saying just how much Sven's music rocked at first, but unfortunately the post regarding tool terror gave specific links to tracks that indeed, did not rock, and yet only sounded pretty much identical to MOR schranz....

if people can say they love something then surely the balance of nature should allow people to say when they dont love something also? its happening more and more on here and i must say its making the board a little uninviting when u know that if u post something that doesnt fall in line with everyone else then you'l either get pulled up, dissmissed as, in this case hating schranz (which i dont, just its current state, ive gone mental to schranz when its done right, but no one seems to be doing that these days really for me personally)

no doubt this will end up getting locked or deleted or il get a pm off someone with a warning or something but i dont care, i feel that the stranglehold on these forums is getting worse and worse and this place doesnt feel like the board it did a year ago i have to say that

DJ Corbzy
14-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I wholeheartedly agree EWAF... :clap:

eyes without a face
14-05-2005, 02:35 PM
im just fed up of it now, and its not just me before anyone things im moaning, well ok yeah i am haha but still, it happens on the forums i use and it bothers me so gotta speak up really hey

DJ Corbzy
14-05-2005, 02:38 PM
im just fed up of it now, and its not just me before anyone things im moaning, well ok yeah i am haha but still, it happens on the forums i use and it bothers me so gotta speak up really hey

Yeah I think that people should be entitled to speak their minds within moderation...

I just came on the forum, had a look at that post, and wouldn't of minded making my points...

I do think that Mark closes topics a little too quickly and irrationally...

Civil war ain't gonna break out over a post!! :lol:

The Overfiend
14-05-2005, 02:47 PM
:dontevengothere:

DJ Corbzy
14-05-2005, 02:50 PM
:dontevengothere:

:lol:

eyes without a face
14-05-2005, 02:53 PM
my point exactly :lol: ;)

Will
14-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I have to say I agree with Mark on this, I don't see the need for all the negativity, if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all and all that... Most of the criticism doesn't seem constructive to me, more like slagging - and surely slagging makes for a less inviting forum than if there's no slagging - unless you're the sort of person who gets off on slagging other peoples work.

I mean people can make up their own minds about a record, you'd think some people must think their opinion is pretty important - the way they go on and on - one post saying they don't like something is one thing - but why the need to keep hammering the point? It's just slagging to my mind, however much someone hates a record you can guarantee someone will buy it, and that's there prerogative.

I'm sure more people are put off by this than by threads getting locked, and at the end of the day it's Marks forum and he can run it how he wants - there's always other forums to slag stuff, it's not like Mark's saying if you slag stuff off on the net you'll be in trouble. Some threads get locked a little early for my liking, but then some don't get locked when they may as well be as far as I'm concerned, but that's fine.

SlavikSvensk
14-05-2005, 07:47 PM
i'm fine with locking threads when they get out of hand, but i think there was some confusion about the sven thread. some people were not, in fact, arguing that his record was one way or another. the discussion of the record opened up a discussion about the use of loops in techno, and that was completely abstracted from discussion of sven's record.

MARKEG
14-05-2005, 07:47 PM
eg feckin xactly Will

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

what i see in other music forums is too many mods afraid to step up and run the place how they originally wanted to run it. create and forum + get members + do a few things ppl dont like & peer pressure starts to take over. the place turns into something you didn't originally set it up for.

i've had such a slating over the last few years for sometimes acting too quickly, for saying this place should concentrate on being +ve, for banning ppl that unneccesarily argue for arguings sake, for being a power crazy hitler (yeah serious, ppl say this when i don't even get paid for doing this shit and have never even once gone out of my way to promote this forum), for trying to keep this place focused on the good things about our music, and to keep the petty personal arguments out of here.

well i don't care. say what you wanna say. the fact is, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. eyes, you're unnecessarily arguing about schranz and a certain artist being shite. i don't want to read this on a saturday morning when i come back from a club and neither do most of our members i wouldn't have thought - ahemmm unless you wanna sit behind a screen moaning about how something is shite when they haven't even got a track record themselves???? arrrgh come on guys....

fair enough. sit and say this is good and that is good, get excited over the next party that's coming up but unless you've got the goods to back yourself up, don't sit and critisize for 10 pages. sure, say your piece but i don't want to see 10 page topics of pointless arguments.

ok rant over.

MARKEG
14-05-2005, 08:00 PM
actually no, not over.

look eyes, if you'd spent half the time you have done over your last 20 posts channelling your effort into typing on your own thread entitled 'What I would like to see change in Schranz' and kept your statements constructive, respectful and really trying to make a change, then I simply wouldn't have a problem. as it is, if you look at your posts over the last few days, they're all absolutely kinda pointless. i mean what really is what you've written directed towards Sven going to do for the techno movement. i mean really. not only that, i've tried to get things back on track and you've infected those threads too with all this arguing shit. oh come on, please just leave it. it really isn't what we wanna see or why we're all here is it ;)

please, come on. let's get back to the good shit :clap:

MARKEG
14-05-2005, 08:01 PM
... i'll even bake the cakes if you all promise to be nice :cool: ;) :crackup:

basslinejunkie
14-05-2005, 08:49 PM
the easiest solution is just to not comment on something you dont like :cool:

dtl
14-05-2005, 09:11 PM
the easiest solution is just to not comment on something you dont like :cool:

Second that. I read basically 90% of the threads here, the only reason I only have 200 odd posts is because either someone has already posted my opinions or I just start writing a reply and quit half way through because I know it is fairly pointless with people's taste being so versitile, my opinion is not likely going to be picked up. especially when it is about something I dont agree/ like.

I would recommend releases on that dedicated thread but never would I say stuff such as "This is a poor release", it is not that I dont think the release is poor, very often I agree with them. I just like to allow people to see it for themselves, it's hell a lot more rewarding that way.

Well. I have been keeping my ears out for most releases in the last 2 years, I must say I am still waiting for that incoming shranze innovation boom. I am sure it will happen.

dtl
14-05-2005, 09:17 PM
As for tool records vs stand for itself records....

They both have their places, different dishes (dj sets) need different indgridients (tunes), you cant say garlic is simple and easy to grow and you will sod it off unless it turns in fresh basil! It has different purpose and Djs are there to combine such purposes and reproduce a unique style of mixing.

The point was that tunes that made by established artists in a rush, and claiming that they are milking it and not being innovating.... Oh well, let them do it, if 100% of their future productions are like this, sure the buyers would sense the similarity and decrease demand = decrease supply.

Anyway, who am I to talk? I never produced.

dan the acid man
14-05-2005, 10:06 PM

oooh, a nice chocloate one would go down a treat :cool: :lol:

Traxx
15-05-2005, 01:01 AM

Depends what's in them? :twisted:

Mirsha
15-05-2005, 01:02 AM
mods afraid to step up
Avast, this is one of my most hated pet peeves about forums, when the mods just happily let the bricks crumble around them as they settle for the mediocraty of the not upsetting anyone. There is one set of forums I frequent which has a persistant troll, now on his fourth account who posts material about the same calibre as you find in the smelliest corner of Squatjuice, is offensive to everyone and a terrible troll. And despite being banned three times the mod replies to complaints about him with "it takes too much effort to moderate his posting". That sort of attitude is a bit like Hannibal going over the mountains but forgetting the elephants because "I can't see what possible use I have for them".

The single most important point about this argument is, who's paying the bandwidth costs? I know a few forums that deliberately won't accept donations from users because they don't want people to think that just because some of their hard earned pennies are fueling the alcholoic tendancies of the owners that they somehow have the right to tell them what to do, feel like they own the other place or just generaly act in a terrible and disgusting manner because they think they can.

I do agree with the point of view that an agreesive locking of threads for whatever takes Mark's fancy is a bit over the top. I don't agree with it but I respect his right to, for instance, change the forum name from Blackout to 'Paedophiles Annonymous'.

Personaly, what I would love to see because it really does add character to a forum and provides a way for Mark to bitchslap people in a lesser way as well as providing amusing antics, is to change peoples custom titles to reflect incidents in the posters career. Somethingawful takes this concept to a wonderfull extreme with the pure level of beasting some people get on their custom titles. Imagine going to a thread and someone having something like "Regis is a terrible man and probably molested me as a child" beside someones name to let folk know that someone is a known Regis hater and is really pushing it a bit too far. It's hilarious to see stupid stuff written letting people know that someone is a bit of an idiot, especially when it's written in 18 point font in bright red and the text takes up about twice as much space as any of their posts. It's like branding! Only people get annoyed about it, they get pointed at and it's like a tattoo, you can only get rid of it by not being an idiot. Or doing something truely amusing.

Anyway back to the point, if there was one in the first place. People should be able to post saying whatever they like, it's not the negative statements we should be trying to cull from out little colective it's the really shit uninformative pointless drivel that spews from peoples mouth when they think they can get away with it. Take the recent Regis thread, some people said some stuff, I added my comments, then noticed people were just starting to talk absoloute pish so I've not returned to the thread since and I'm now just waiting for the thread to collapse in on itself due to the weighty ego of the people keeping the pointless debate going.

You know I've only been on these forums for six months, and I swear the topic of "Yes I know we have this debate every week and Mark tells us to **** off in a new lengthy post rather than pointing us to the last thread where an exciting battle of wills was fought between the free people and that evil opressor who admins this site but I keep coming back everyday anyway to continue to post my inane commentry so I guess it's not really that bad of a dictatorship afterall"

You could also try using the wordfilter to block "negativity" and replace it with "shut the **** up" for a few days. Actually I've never agreed with the whole swearing filter either, you should replace swear words using the word filter with amusing words, like "cabbage", "Jon Steels blue car" or "feel the rage of my axe of stitching +2"

MARKEG
15-05-2005, 02:54 AM
i really respect that mirsha.

you know, i have no diploma on how to admin a forum. in fact, i'm really a bad admin sometimes. but i remember those thoughts i had when we were a shitty ez board and all i wanted was a way we could all express our views without everyone offering each other outside. i'd seen it on a few techno forums i visited and i just didnt want that on here. so i thought hard about why that was happening on forums and thought, we need a rule. and the rule was RESPECT. everything i say about being +ve and not slagging artists without reason is about respect. surely, respect is the key to taking music forward??? respect is the key to taking human nature forward to be honest. anyway....

Yes I know we have this debate every week and Mark tells us to **** off in a new lengthy post rather than pointing us to the last thread where an exciting battle of wills was fought between the free people and that evil opressor who admins this site but I keep coming back everyday anyway to continue to post my inane commentry so I guess it's not really that bad of a dictatorship afterall"

wow, please explain in english :doh: :clap: :crackup:

djshiva
15-05-2005, 06:43 AM
without conflict in life, i wouldn't be writing music to begin with.

conflict breeds discussion. discussion breeds education. education is a key element of life.

i believe in democracy, not totalitarianism. as long as we're not slinging mud, what gives with the topic lockdown?

The Overfiend
15-05-2005, 09:38 AM
we need a rule. and the rule was RESPECT. :

conflict
15-05-2005, 09:55 AM
without conflict in life, i wouldn't be writing music to begin with.

conflict breeds discussion. discussion breeds education. education is a key element of life.

didnt know i was so important

slavestudios
15-05-2005, 10:39 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr EG, i couldnt possibly agree with you more.

hats off to ya. ya pay for this site & take all the shit for what ???

cos you love the music.

and if ppl cant respect that, they shouldnt be here.

more power to ya man. its your site & your work & your name. you run things how you like.

respect

eyes without a face
15-05-2005, 10:52 AM
well this is something i better speak with Mark personally because my point really is just getting lost in here

sorry for late reply been out all night just got back!

Sunil
15-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I have to say I completely see Scott's point.. he's calling a spade a spade the way he sees it, why does the thread having to be locked and everyone to start jumping on him? I've just read that thread again, and a lot of it was merely Scott backing up what he said originally. He wasn't being nasty, he explained his point, and as far as it appears Sven wasn't offended or put out at all by what he said.

For the first time in a while I have to say I'm pretty cheesed off with BOA. I have lots of respect for Mark but in this case I think he was a little hasty with his reaction, without fully respecting *both* sides of the discussion. Everything is not so black and white, but ultimately it just boils down to "You aren't being +ve enough, keep your mouth shut", and that bugs me, it's not like many of the people who receive cautions aren't intelligent folk who can't make a point or whose only aim is to cause trouble... far from it. Being rude is one thing, but I don't think the schranz debates got dirty at all, they just went on for too long :)

On another note, I think you have to take less interest in all this kind of thing Scott, let your music do the talking from now on... maybe it's your frustration waiting for your own stuff to come out, I dunno? My advice would be to ease off on venting your opinions on (what you consider to be) bad records sometimes, it's not that I don't agree with a lot of what you say, sometimes it can all be kinda pointless though.. it often turns into a running battle in the end, that helps no-one really.

eyes without a face
15-05-2005, 03:44 PM
well im glad someone see's my point i have to say..... but yeah i dont enjoy gettin into these debates but they happen sooo.... and yeah Sven wasnt offended which is one of my main reasons for being a bit pissed off, why is everyone jumping down my throat when Sven himself can accept what i said?

re my own stuff, hmm frustrating waiting for release not too much no because i know they are coming and its no reflection on my view/feelings on schranz at the minute, the 2 are seperate altogether.... i dont view anyone as competition per say..... i have no doubt that Sven wouldnt enjoy the stuff i have coming out which is fair enough, as, just like the original threads, its about opinions, and respecting them, even if they are deemed negative

oh its too nice a day to be arguing the toss on here :cry: :lol:

Adverse
15-05-2005, 07:20 PM
yeah it's toss alright. and scotty, big up man. there's no wool over your eyes.

MARKEG
16-05-2005, 12:18 AM
i've only got two minutes, i'll reply to the rest later BUT

it's toss alright. i mean this is exactly the type of comment which is totally unproductive and going nowhere. what good is, 'it's toss alright' gonna do??? i just don't get why ppl take this attitude.

and 'no wool over your eyes'?? i mean come on this is subjective. totally personal preference.

just get on about what is good about what you do.

look if we were sat all together i'd actually say some pretty similar things to eyes. i think schranz sometimes takes the feeling out of techno. i feel the same in a way. but all it does, when you harp on about it on a web forum, is go nowhere.

i don't want to be in a negative, place. in my life, nothing comes out of negativity. you gotta take what you have and see the good in shit.

i know some of you hate this rule, i know some of you feel it's a constraint. but until you convince me otherwise, it'll stay. honest, i'll say it again. YOU TRY MODERATING A TECHNO FORUM!!! all i want is respect in here. and the +ve thing is a way that keeps this place respectful.

MARKEG
16-05-2005, 12:43 AM
i've just done this post and chrissi was over my shoulder whilst i did it. she asked me - 'do you think you over react to some posts?'.

i replied 'yeah'.

then she said 'why?'

then i said 'because i'm not able to read every post, so when i see something develop i think i need to nip it in the bud quick and that's why sometimes i react too quickly'.

i really hope this gives you an insight into this. this is, at the end of the day, my little baby. i haven't got time to read every post, i really haven't. i never thought when i set this up that this would develop into this. it's a full time job that i haven't got, but even though i had to trust ppl with mod jobs, i still care so much about this place. when i come on here, have a pm from someone telling me xxx is a cunt and i need to check out xxx post, then i have to sort it. the sven post was really depressing, as he is a good guy at the end of the day, and he was getting the backlash of the schranz haters. i feel i have to do something. but i haven't got time to argue to the hill about it so what do i do? i lock it.

you might say, well mark you need to make the time. well, perhaps i do. but i'd much rather be in the studio all day and just pop on here every evening and have a good time ;) so you may say, well you shouldn't lock the posts. well i care. what can i do??!?!

look, i hate being a damn stick in the mud. i'm the last person in the world who wants to create conflict, but it boils down to the fact that i want this to be a good place for good people who want to make a difference in music. and unfortunately the problem of anonymity means ppl can be totally faceless and hide behind shit and create unneccesary turmoil. this does f all for our music and definitely does f all for our fantastic community.

anyway, look forward to your replies.

SlavikSvensk
16-05-2005, 02:52 AM
personally, i don't mind that the thread was locked. the people who didn't like the record had said their bit, and sven and amok responded. other people who were discussing loops in techno moved on to a more targeted thread in the techno forum. the thing went for 10 pages. mark wanted to start a positive thread about sven.

i fail to see why any of this is such a big deal.

time to move on! there's plenty of other things to gripe about. ;)

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 11:00 AM
personally, i don't mind that the thread was locked. the people who didn't like the record had said their bit, and sven and amok responded. other people who were discussing loops in techno moved on to a more targeted thread in the techno forum. the thing went for 10 pages. mark wanted to start a positive thread about sven.

i fail to see why any of this is such a big deal.

time to move on! there's plenty of other things to gripe about. ;)
Jersey Stand Up!

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 11:11 AM
yeah Mark i agree wholeheartedly about this being ur forum, respect etc but i honestly thing ur missing my point... i respect Sven and will continue to do so, i just really really dont see how stopping people from speaking their minds and saying what they really feel will solve anything, if anything it makes the problem worse as ur ar alienating core members of ur community and rendering them with feelings of unease and a general feeling that my comments are not taken into account... Adverse was right, there is no wool over my eyes (bad pun i know!) and im not one to sit back and tell someone i enjoy something if i dont, even if that means the person who did the said record/ep etc reads this, infact, id say it more so because it makes the artist realise that not all is happy and not everyone loves what they do, which can only be better for the artist...

I know nearly everyone on here loves schranz and doesnt wanna see it talked about negatively, but Amok said it himeself when he said "this time last year everyone was loving Wittekind but now everyone is slating him, whats changed?" (or something to that account, those pedantic ones out there please dont pull me up on the exact wording haha).... my point being, well, they have to accept when people are not blowing up thier arses for once in a while, as i imagine the past couple of years they have had numerous people telling them how good they are, which they are, just that particular release wasnt...

im all for making sure the board is kept "clean and tidy" and i dont enjoy reading or being involved in arguments on here, debates yes, arguments yes... but for a debate u have to have 2 sides to the story, and on this forum now that doesnt seem to be allowed... which begs the question, whats the point in having an internet forum in the first place? freedom of speech is something we are all entitled to and when this doesnt seem to be allowed then that saddens me

i pm'd u anyway mark in reply to yours so add me to msn today sometime ;)

i actually think these are good posts as we are saying what we thing, as long as its allowed to stay that way

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 11:18 AM
and im sorry mark but i have to agree, this is your board so i think yeah you should take more time to read EVERYTHING in a post like the tool terror one because otherwise i dont believe u can make a fair judgement, just skimming thru then locking it is highly unfair, u must be able to see that?

its unfair to urself too dude, i know ur a busy guy and yeah i agree, id rather be in the studio making tracks, but if u dont get the whole picture urself then yeah i think thats unfair on urself and others when u reply without having read everything and taken it all into account...

also, u may have been exaggerating haha, but u shudnt be getting pm's off Mods calling people a cunt should u? if u do then thats more offensive than the whole subject matter at hand because no one has resorted to personal insults or name calling on here, so the mods shouldnt be doing it in a pm

;)

RDR
16-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Which sort? I'm hungry.... ;) :lol:

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 11:56 AM
i didnt notice that bit, i love a good cake.... Battenburg please Mark

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 12:40 PM
For the Record
If I wanted to call anyone here a c*nt I'd say it to you front and center in front of anyone.
Especially here in the forum.
So if you want to call me out and think I said anything negative about you or feel I was genuinely rude towards you, address me.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:45 PM
?????

i didnt even know anyone had called me a cunt, i was reffering to Mark's text where he says he recieves pm's and indicated in some that mod's were calling people cunts... if that was u then i feel sorry for u more than anything because thats lower than any comments given in the latest threads, and if it was u, then im surprised also as i thought u were better than that tony

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:46 PM
infact , i know ur a better person than that, so it would come as a shock that you'd lowered urself to this level of name calling, as i wouldnt, and havent called anyone a cunt on here, be it a pm or otherwise

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 12:54 PM
I wasn't addressing you Scott.
I don't know where any of this is coming from.
Someone said Mod and I got Adverse sniffin around my ass so I'm just puttin on my game face.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:56 PM
i thought u were addressing me with ur post? im finding these forums harder to understand haha ;)

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Scoot you know me well enough to know if I had to address you I'd tell you and only you. Not name call you like a girlie on the playground.

~cheeky~
16-05-2005, 01:00 PM
?????

i didnt even know anyone had called me a cunt, i was reffering to Mark's text where he says he recieves pm's and indicated in some that mod's were calling people cunts... if that was u then i feel sorry for u more than anything because thats lower than any comments given in the latest threads, and if it was u, then im surprised also as i thought u were better than that tony

i really hope this gives you an insight into this. this is, at the end of the day, my little baby. i haven't got time to read every post, i really haven't. i never thought when i set this up that this would develop into this. it's a full time job that i haven't got, but even though i had to trust ppl with mod jobs, i still care so much about this place. when i come on here, have a pm from someone telling me xxx is a cunt and i need to check out xxx post, then i have to sort it. the sven post was really depressing, as he is a good guy at the end of the day, and he was getting the backlash of the schranz haters. i feel i have to do something. but i haven't got time to argue to the hill about it so what do i do? i lock it.

where does it say a mod called anyone a cunt and who says it was you being called it????????? Paranoia!!!

grown men getting their knickers in a twist thou :lol:

sorry to poke my nose in.

*runs back off to general*

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 01:23 PM
well ur nose poking hasnt really worked as because

when i come on here, have a pm from someone telling me xxx is a cunt

Mark clearly states that people do pm him saying that xxx is a cunt, and by the logic of elimination i deem that this can either be an ordinary board member, or one of the mod's... i shud of said this earlier, not that it matters, because Mark has said that people do pm him calling other people cunt's...

also, i never once thought or said on here that it was me being called a cunt, so not sure how you've come to that conclusion

with no offence intended but what keeps these threads going on and on is people who have nothing to do with, or have not even yet contributed constructively to the thread, posting with maybe not the best of intentions

;)

tocsin
16-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Hehe. I'm still really amused at the shift in posturing. Seriously, despite what a number of people here will say long after the fact, it' obvious to a number of us what was being done. So, just drop the act. It's why I agree with the "say it to their face" point. It seems rather obvious, given what has transpired here, that this would never occur. I'm usually not a fan of heavy moderation in forums. However, I don't see that happen here very much. So, a thread got locked where a bunch of people were talking trash who specifically didn't like a certain genre. So ****ing what? It's not like anyone got banned as a result.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Hehe. I'm still really amused at the shift in posturing. Seriously, despite what a number of people here will say long after the fact, it' obvious to a number of us what was being done. So, just drop the act. It's why I agree with the "say it to their face" point. It seems rather obvious, given what has transpired here, that this would never occur. I'm usually not a fan of heavy moderation in forums. However, I don't see that happen here very much. So, a thread got locked where a bunch of people were talking trash who specifically didn't like a certain genre. So **** what? It's not like anyone got banned as a result.

:?:

youve lost me

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 01:52 PM
children? dont be so condascending dude, people were giving their opinions, no matter how strong they may have been or if u agreed on them or not

;)

tocsin
16-05-2005, 01:54 PM
It doesn't matter. In the end, the third reich has not seized control of this forum. Rather, somone needed to come in and act like a parent to deal with some children who were acting up. :nono:

MARKEG
16-05-2005, 02:10 PM
how did that post get above there??? :shock:

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 02:11 PM
thats bizarre, happened to one of my posts the other day too

a bug?

Will
16-05-2005, 02:54 PM
The one thing I don't get is that you can't say the f word, but you can say cunt! Seems a bit strange to me, I'd have thought people would find cunt more offensive if anything, I think there's even a title based on how many posts you've made with the word cunt in it! I'd be interested to know why this is!

It's useful being able to call cunts like Roy Keane a cunt in the Sports hall though, haha.

More on the topic at hand, I think respect is a good word, people might have poured their heart and soul into a tune for all we know, which might not be to our tastes, but I don't think it'd be very heartening if they found 10 pages of people saying it's awful, whether they backed it up or not!

I'm sure in most cases it was something they knocked up in no time at all, so I might agree with some of the comments, to an extent, but I disagree with posting loads about how awful it is more strongly than any point they might be making and chances are their point will be lost and it'll be dismissed as slagging if it's not constructive... And most of it isn't, just disecting a tune isn't contructive at all, is it?

Saying what they could of done better next time would be better and why post criticism repeatedly when you could have backed up your point in the first place and left it at that? That's what I don't get. I don't think you should change the positive nature you're trying to create Mark!!

Anyway, this thread is going round in circles now, may as well lock it I reckon. :lol:

Will
16-05-2005, 02:58 PM
I forgot to say, it's not like posts have been deleted (to my knowledge) just threads getting locked, so it doesn't affect freedom of speech, more like breaking up a fight or steering the discussion towards something more productive...

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 03:04 PM
this was done with, your only reiterating whats been said mate... its good to get involved yeah but u cud kinda see it was dying down so lets not fuel the fire hey

if i can move on then surely everyone else can, pm's have been exchanged and everyones happy so we should kinda leave it at that now, mark and i have come to an understanding and thats good enough for me

but re the swear filter yeah how strange we cant say the f word but cunt is no bother haha

u cunts ;) :lol:

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Can we all play nice now or what?

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 03:19 PM
im playing nice.... ;)

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I'll play you nice allright Scotty :lol: ;)

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 03:38 PM
:shock: :lol:

MARKEG
16-05-2005, 04:52 PM
hahaha 'kin ell sam :doh: :crackup:

DJAmok
16-05-2005, 06:34 PM
are you still arguing about this? :roll:

:doh:

you folks got too much time on yer hands

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 06:45 PM
err no if ud of read the post up until were u posted ud see that we are not arguing about it, there was no argument in the first place.

merely a heated debate

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 06:49 PM
err no if ud of read the post up until were u posted ud see that we are not arguing about it, there was no argument in the first place.

merely a heated debate

Why don't you guys go on Jepardy. That will prove who is really king shit of useless info :lol:

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 06:52 PM
forgive my ignorance, but whats Jepardy?

audioinjection
16-05-2005, 07:02 PM
forgive my ignorance, but whats Jepardy?

Jeopardy is a game show here in the US, they answer questions for money basically

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 07:05 PM
ahh right

il go on that sure, i can answer questions for money no trouble haha

SlavikSvensk
16-05-2005, 07:13 PM
my friend was on jeopardy once and the other contestants wiped the floor with him. haha...it was really funny...

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 07:17 PM
haha i remember the show now, it was in "white men cant jump" if thats the one im thinking about?

audioinjection
16-05-2005, 07:21 PM
haha i remember the show now, it was in "white men cant jump" if thats the one im thinking about?

haha yeah thats the one, w/ Rosie Perez

SlavikSvensk
16-05-2005, 07:28 PM
it would be funny if there was a techno quiz show...of course i can't think of a cable/satellite channel with such a low viewership that they'd ever air it!

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I'll take yo momma for 500 Alex
http://www.ianmiles.com/celebs/Trebek.jpg

RDR
17-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I'll take yo momma for 500 Alex
http://www.ianmiles.com/celebs/Trebek.jpg

:eh: who's that sam?

Will
17-05-2005, 12:52 PM
this was done with, your only reiterating whats been said mate... its good to get involved yeah but u cud kinda see it was dying down so lets not fuel the fire hey

if i can move on then surely everyone else can, pm's have been exchanged and everyones happy so we should kinda leave it at that now, mark and i have come to an understanding and thats good enough for me

but re the swear filter yeah how strange we cant say the f word but cunt is no bother haha

u cunts ;) :lol:

True... That's good then, coming to an understanding, I'm sure you're right that if you can move on then everyone else can! ;)

I'd still like to know about the stuff with the swearing, may as well let us use them all, if we can use some I'd have thought! On a side note, some people throw the word cunt around a lot, without using it as an insult, so people weren't necessarily insulted behind their backs I don't think.

dan the acid man
17-05-2005, 02:38 PM
c*nt seems to be a word that offends some people in some areas of our country and the world but not others, i know up here its not seen as that offensive, but then say it in nottingham and people are shocked

TechMouse
17-05-2005, 03:13 PM
but then say it in nottingham and people are shocked
Yes. I was beaten to within an inch of my life for saying "flange" outside Wetherspoons the other day.

Traxx
17-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Shocking

massplanck
17-05-2005, 03:49 PM
but then say it in nottingham and people are shocked
Yes. I was beaten to within an inch of my life for saying "flange" outside Wetherspoons the other day.

I got glassed for saying "Reverb" infront of some very very small children once.

stjohn
17-05-2005, 04:01 PM
thats what u get for hangin around in an aphex twin video

massplanck
17-05-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.clubbing-ie.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif

SlavikSvensk
17-05-2005, 10:51 PM
http://www.clubbing-ie.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif

i object to that kind of language being used on the forum!

RDR
17-05-2005, 10:55 PM
thats what u get for hangin around in an aphex twin video

Come to daddy...

disturbing in SO many ways...

dirty_bass
18-05-2005, 12:43 AM
You know
just for a laugh
I think this thread should be locked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

massplanck