PDA

View Full Version : Female producers

Flood
14-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Awrght peeps, have one space left on our site for FREE hosting of your mixes/tracks and would like to fill it with a female producer (preferably in the Hard Techno/Dance/Hardcore genre) since we don't have any as yet. So PM or email me if you have some stuff you think would fit in. Probably best to check out the site 1st too. Positive discrimination, it's a bitch eh?

TechMouse
16-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Positive discrimination, it's a bitch eh?
Poor choice of wording.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:25 PM
what a stupid comment, im sorry, but positive discrimination? whats positive about any discrimination, especially the sexiest tones of this thread? why is this offer not open to male producers aswell?

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:26 PM
just realised, it is open to males too, but still re positive discrimation haha, your going to have to be good to explain that one

Flood
16-05-2005, 04:17 PM
no i don't m8, i want to include a female producer because they're under-represented, u don't like it well tough shit.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 04:30 PM
oh dear, newbie alert...

who says they are under-represented? maybe it just cos errr there are not actually that many female producers? :roll:

il name some

Miss Djax, Mistress Barbarra, Miss Kitten, Gayle San, Dj Shiva

there are numerous others ive come across (no pun intended!)

good luck finding some for ur project, just dont expect to put up such contradicting comments and not expect someone to pick up on it

:lol:

tocsin
16-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Under-represented is fair to say. Different hoops are thrown up for females to jump through. Promoters/labels often stress more importance on image/appearance once they find out someone is female. I've got to listen to some DJs babble about how so-and-so is "pretty good for a girl." I get to see a number of female "DJs" get booked based purely on their appearance. As guys, we're never having to compete or lose bookings to another DJ just because he's willing to drop his pants during a set. It's also much easier for us to get away with being unkempt ugly slacker motherfu*kers. Much different game involved.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 04:49 PM
hmmm i wouldnt say that was the case over here, i know plenty of female djs who get a fair chance, and ive never seen anyone play or get a booking because they look nice, altho yeah im sure it does happen... re the promoters/labels thing well again i wouldnt of said thats the case, if the talent is there then they'l get their chance...

i really do think that the ratio of male to women doing music/dj'ing is just generally higher, well this is pretty much fact and whilst unfortunate it is how things are right now, obviously this is a good chance and someone is making an effort to change this

maybe ud of had better luck tho posting in the techno production/promotion sections? its more production specific and different people check out different sections i think

Flood
16-05-2005, 04:51 PM
oh dear, newbie alert...

who says they are under-represented? maybe it just cos errr there are not actually that many female producers? :roll:

il name some

Miss Djax, Mistress Barbarra, Miss Kitten, Gayle San, Dj Shiva

there are numerous others ive come across (no pun intended!)

good luck finding some for ur project, just dont expect to put up such contradicting comments and not expect someone to pick up on it

:lol:

oh a have a pint a chill the **** out :cool:

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 05:02 PM
im chilled man, been smoking since early ;)

but thats not the point, ive just offered some constructive feedback there if u check the other post ;)

Flood
16-05-2005, 05:04 PM
aye, i'd posted that same time as u did m8. See we've already got like 17 male producers/DJ's and 2 lassie DJ's so i just wanted a female producer to even it up a bit more.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 05:06 PM
thats kewl, u shud of just put that as the first post ;)

yeah check the techno filez section, id say thats the best bet there are a few females kicking round in there i think

;)

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Shiva to rule them all.

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Shiva to rule them all.

Indeed. She's got some bangers !!!! :twisted:

djshiva
17-05-2005, 03:28 AM
feeling the BOA luuuuv...

:love:

dirty_bass
18-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Have you ever tried producing a female
It`s a nightmare.
I always forget a part, and when I turn on the current, it ends up walking in circles, or drooling over the gurney, the last one I tried nearly worked.
Well, it left the lab and now has a rather successful career presenting the weather on channel 5.

You just can`t find the parts.

Well. Not fresh ones.

Flood
18-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Have you ever tried producing a female
It`s a nightmare.
I always forget a part, and when I turn on the current, it ends up walking in circles, or drooling over the gurney, the last one I tried nearly worked.
Well, it left the lab and now has a rather successful career presenting the weather on channel 5.

You just can`t find the parts.

Well. Not fresh ones.

lol, if thats the one I'm thinking of you didn't do to badly m8 lol.

jon connor
20-05-2005, 12:42 PM
no i don't m8, i want to include a female producer because they're under-represented, u don't like it well tough shit.

:clap: :clap: :clap: TRY DJ PHEEVA, SCOT KEMIX MISSES not to sure if shes producing yet but she can sure bang a very hard techno set together for sure ;) will mail her dis thread :clap:

RDR
20-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Big up to all the female producers/dj's/live pa's out there! Keep it up ladies - reeeeespecccc!

I dont even see why this is an argument.

jon connor
25-05-2005, 05:59 PM
neither do i m8t seeing the girls av a go and and kick sum ass kinda turns me on :study: wooooooooooooooooo! :love: go on the girlys :clap: hahahahahha!

by the way i think chrissi wizzzzzz is the most rated female producer in this b.o.a camp she sure can put sum metal together respect massivly always to her :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

djshiva
25-05-2005, 10:47 PM
neither do i m8t seeing the girls av a go and and kick sum ass kinda turns me on :study: wooooooooooooooooo! :love: go on the girlys :clap: hahahahahha!

that's nice that it's a turnon, but be aware that most women would rather you dig the music than get off on the fact that its women playing it. one can only hear that so many times before getting turned OFF by that reaction.

not busting yer balls, just making a point...

tocsin
26-05-2005, 12:31 AM
^^^ Word. As guys, it's not often that you have to hear that after a set. I mean, just look at this picture. http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.jpg/?id=480062
No reason to wonder why. ;)

djshiva
26-05-2005, 03:15 AM
dude...i'm just drooling over the stormtrooper shirt. hotness!!!

jon connor
26-05-2005, 12:39 PM

that's nice that it's a turnon, but be aware that most women would rather you dig the music than get off on the fact that its women playing it. one can only hear that so many times before getting turned OFF by that reaction.

not busting yer balls, just making a point...

hahahahahaa :clap: i no matey i actually no a fare few female artist who actually are fantastic , BAMBI FROM CORNWALL she is amazing and many others from wales and england . i was just having a bit of fun dont take it personally :lol: i respect you lot imensly :clap: easy now and good luck sister :notworthy:

jon connor
26-05-2005, 12:43 PM
^^^ Word. As guys, it's not often that you have to hear that after a set. I mean, just look at this picture. http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.jpg/?id=480062
No reason to wonder why. ;)

looks like the orange peel last weekend :clap: mark looks like he has just run a marathon :shock: hahahahah :clap:

geraldo
27-05-2005, 11:55 AM
IXI <- Queen of Techno

278d7e64a374de26f==