PDA

View Full Version : Dear MR.EG I need help!!

technosnob
07-06-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm going to purchase a new mixer

Here are my two choices:

Pioneer's DJM600
-or-
Vestax PMC-37Pro

What do you think.

I'll thank everyone now for insight

karlo
08-06-2003, 01:35 AM
if you need a dj mixer for profesional mixing = DJM600 !!!!! best choice for me..mixer is a ****ing good perfect!

John Vella
08-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Pioneer all the way man...

-jOHNNY

wenna
08-06-2003, 11:41 AM
i have the allen and heath xone 32 (recommmended by MEG). its around the same price as the djm600. it has vcf filters and an ultra smooth xfader. from the list u chose i would go with the djm. however i would at least look at the allen and heath if i were u! 8)

Buttman
08-06-2003, 12:40 PM
DJM600 is a ****ing club mixer. All plastic and the EQ sounds shitey. Not to mention the effects.

Vestax all day, all the way. (Or Allen & Heath)

DJZeMig_L
08-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Allen & Heath 32.... the sound and eq. is :shock: ... the new vestax PCV 180 also has :shock: EQ which on a Vestax was a real surprise!!
Pioneer is only good 4 easy of use.. mind U I use 2 b they're fan but only tryed a A&H next 2 a 600 and then I realised ao :x the sound on a 600 is!! :(

I don't like the Xzone 464 bcause of the 2 mid eq, it's just 2 strange 2 mix... ... until U get used 2 it I guess! :P

Z

Teknation
08-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Why is everyone so full of the DJM600?
In holland we have DATEQ and ellen & heath mixers and they are superb!
If we book dj's from abroad, like slovakia, germany and england they all want an DJM600. Do you guys in england know the DATEQ mixers??

John Vella
08-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I've never used an A & H myself... So I can't comment on it...

BUt I think the reason The Pioneers are so popular is because the layout of the mixer is perfect....

It's extremely easy to find everything... And its difficult to confuse any of the knobs and switches... It's almost fool proof that way.. Everything is spaced out nicely, and they are even colour coded.

Whereas I have worked on a particular model of Vestax that drove me INSANE because the knobs were all the same size and colour... It was very easy to confuse the PAN for the HIGHS, and the PAN for the Gain.... etc etc....

Everything looked the same... Everything was silver... And it was tough to read in the dark.... Not to mention those annoyong toggle switches for EQ.... (whereas Pioneer has the nice clearly orange lighted cue button)

So basically I think the popularity of the Pioneer is that it doesn't feel intimidating.... Even if its your 1st time on one.... Its very functional in a live unpredictable atmosphere.....

-jOHNNY

MARKEG
08-06-2003, 07:57 PM
pioneer or allen and heath. doesn't matter either way to me anymore... but i just love the way you can see precisely the peak volume levels of the track your bringing in, even with the bass out on the a+h.

278d7e64a374de26f==