PDA

View Full Version : House of God & The Supersonic Music Festival 2005

DJ Sainsburys
15-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Friday 8th of July Capsule will join forces with legedary HOUSE OF GOD to bring two rooms of the best Techno/D&B/Jungle mash-up with special guests playing alongside HOG residents.

Room one:

Surgeon
Paul Damage
Sir Real
Nicky B
Harvey Lane

Room two:

DJ X
Shitmat (Planet Mu)
Chris Clark (Warp)
PCM
+ more tba

Saturday 9th July

This year will see three stages of live performances, art installations, film programme, video bingo, karaoke and most importantly cake.

Outside stage:

Psychic TV

Rother & Moebius (neu!/cluster/harmonia)
Dalek (Ipecac)
Battles (Don Caballero /Helmet)
Jesu (Hydra Head ex Godflesh)
Black Galaxy vs Kreepa (ex Napalm Death/Scorn)
Aereogramme (Undergroove)
Esquilax

Theatre space:

*Merzbow vs Stephen O'Malley (Sunn 0)))/Khanate)
Brian Duffy and Modified Toy Orchestra
Barbara Morgenstern + Robert Lippok (To Rococo Rot)
*Martin Creed + His Band (Turner prize winner 2001)
*David Cunningham (ex Flying Lizards)
Sol_dat

Medicine Bar:

Trevor Jackson
Colder (Output)
Outhud (members of !!!/Lcd Sound System)
Dance Disaster Movement
Noise Noise Alore!
Granine + Stuart Braithwaite - Mogwai Dj set
Tunng (Static Caravan)
Khonnor (Type Records)

'dotb on ice' featuring live performances in an ice cream van from Dreams of Tall Buildings/PCM
Commissioned by Capsule and Wolverhampton Museum and Art Gallery
* Performancespresented in collaboration with the Ikon Gallery

Film programme by 7inch cinema

Date:
Friday, 8th July, Custard Factory, Digbeth, Birmingham....£7 for just friday...£20 for just saturday....£25 combined weekend ticket

Traxx
15-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Quite fancy the friday of this one :cool:

Frank Dogshit
16-05-2005, 11:18 AM
aye friday for me too i reckon.

surgeon n shitmatt! :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
16-05-2005, 12:22 PM
this was superb last year. free booze again shifty??????

fri looks cool. chris clark will be the highlight.

sat looks amazing. really looking foreward to Jesu and modifyed toy orchestra.

Shifty- Jesu is joes step dads ex band m8.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:27 PM
yeah, and chris clark is my mates, ex next door neighbours distant 5th cousin

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:31 PM
looks ok, but not amazing id say to be honest... ive seen much much stronger HOG lineups, the roster of residents is brilliant no doubt, but i dunno, doesnt stand out to me personally

i really think birmingham needs some new venues tho, nothing seems to have filled the void left by the Q club. i firmly believe that most cities need at least one really really impressive venue that leaves others standing, and at the moment i dont think Brum has any? ive not been down for a few months now tho, i believe the Sanc is reopening soon? hopefully its had alot of work done to it because last time i was in there i was kinda wishing i wasnt

ampassasinbirmingham
16-05-2005, 12:54 PM
the friday is just a standard HOG. its the saturday thats wiked. all of the custard factory is open with films exhibitions etc

last year there was free beer and tequila :shock:

8bitapocalypse
16-05-2005, 12:54 PM
this was superb last year. free booze again shifty??????

haha u know shifty then??

am playing on saturday so thats cool! (sol_dat).

ampassasinbirmingham
16-05-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah noticed. in the art space. was really nice in there last year. like a proper performance. look foreward to it.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 12:58 PM
well free booze appy days, but i still stand by comment re lineup... nothing special i think

eviled303
16-05-2005, 03:55 PM
looks like a great line up. good luck with it!!

miss bass
16-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Probably be a fun night anyway, probably wont be able to make it though.

Stretch
16-05-2005, 10:38 PM
A while ago the Hog line-up said '+ special guest' and although Surgeon is special he's not exactly a guest since he's been there since day 1.

Was just hoping for someone i haven't seen before.

Traxx
16-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Id forgot about the special guest bit, looks like thats not on the cards now.

8bitapocalypse
22-05-2005, 01:12 PM
there IS a special guest, it just hasn't been advertised yet.

wait and see!

oldbugger
22-05-2005, 01:24 PM
i just dont get this 'special guest' shit promotors put on flyers.

if they had someone booked and they were that 'special' they sure as hell would be advertising them to pull the crowds in.

or is it that they are trying to get some1 but havn't actually got them yet?

or is all all bullshit?

:eh:

who knows?

eyes without a face
22-05-2005, 01:52 PM
yeah i agree, does my head in that, surely people would have more desire to attend if they actually knew the guest beforehand, and i dont think anyones that special or unseen to the point were they are actually hidden on a lineup

ampassasinbirmingham
22-05-2005, 04:37 PM
the werk parties never have line ups and ive heard nothing but good things about them. would be cool to be totally suprised by who was playing.

8bitapocalypse
22-05-2005, 04:40 PM

the flyers have not been done yet, of course the special guests name will be on the flyer when it is done!!

i would tell u now but i cant remember his name and am not all that familiar with him as well!! he is from finland or somewhere similiar.
sir real was telling me about him last night.

oldbugger
22-05-2005, 05:12 PM

the flyers have not been done yet, of course the special guests name will be on the flyer when it is done!!

i would tell u now but i cant remember his name and am not all that familiar with him as well!! he is from finland or somewhere similiar.
sir real was telling me about him last night.

wasnt really just talking about yourselves.

you do see this a lot though on flyers and posters etc..

ampassasinbirmingham
22-05-2005, 05:13 PM
8bit- who runs super sonik?

Stretch
23-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Capsule girls, innit!

ampassasinbirmingham
23-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Capsule girls, innit!

your name is familiar? are you a birmingham dj? who are you associated with?

also- can anyone tell me if this event is sponsored by a beer company again??

8bitapocalypse
23-05-2005, 08:10 PM

haha lets hope so!!! ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
23-05-2005, 09:55 PM

haha lets hope so!!! ;)

im with you on that, i think i drank 3 bottles of tequila laced beer last year.

Stretch
24-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Capsule girls, innit!

Thats only my name on this board. Don't use it for anything else. On LD i'm cymk. As for the DJing, haven't really progressed out of my living room yet.

ampassasinbirmingham
25-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Capsule girls, innit!

Thats only my name on this board. Don't use it for anything else. On LD i'm cymk. As for the DJing, haven't really progressed out of my living room yet.

ahh so your cmyk, good to have you on the baord- im billy on LD

8bitapocalypse
25-05-2005, 09:35 PM
who runs super sonik?

lisa and jenny = great promoters of all kinds of music!
http://www.capsule.org.uk

Stretch
01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
So who's the guest then?

8bitapocalypse
01-06-2005, 05:40 PM
haha i will ask sir real tonite!

8bitapocalypse
02-06-2005, 03:17 PM
err they changed their mind, its residents only!! :neutral:

Stretch
02-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh well, sure it'll still be a top night.

8bitapocalypse
02-06-2005, 11:27 PM
of course!! ;)

Sir Real
03-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Just to set the record straight, there WAS supposed to be a special guest - no less than Bjorn Svin, king of Scandinavian wonky future techno (think Landstrumm meets Squarepusher in a fight in Detroit). We didn't want to put his name down until he was fully confirmed, and good job we didn't. Unfortunately budgetary constraints became apparent at the last minute (no doubt due to the heaving line-up on Saturday night), and we had to pull him. Which is a great shame as to my knowledge he has never played the UK before and he is a ****ing amazing producer (track down any of his tunes on April records, or the killer 'Mand over bord' on EC Records). I understand what people are saying about the 'Special Guest' thing being a bit of a cop-out, but sometimes lineups have to be released before they can be fully confirmed (as was the case here). Anyway, I have no doubt that the residents (myself included, hurrah!) will rock the spot just as much as we did last year - and I'm sure anyone that was there then will agree that it was an amazing night, and weekend in general...

ampassasinbirmingham
03-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Just to set the record straight, there WAS supposed to be a special guest - no less than Bjorn Svin, king of Scandinavian wonky future techno (think Landstrumm meets Squarepusher in a fight in Detroit). We didn't want to put his name down until he was fully confirmed, and good job we didn't. Unfortunately budgetary constraints became apparent at the last minute (no doubt due to the heaving line-up on Saturday night), and we had to pull him. Which is a great shame as to my knowledge he has never played the UK before and he is a **** amazing producer (track down any of his tunes on April records, or the killer 'Mand over bord' on EC Records). I understand what people are saying about the 'Special Guest' thing being a bit of a cop-out, but sometimes lineups have to be released before they can be fully confirmed (as was the case here). Anyway, I have no doubt that the residents (myself included, hurrah!) will rock the spot just as much as we did last year - and I'm sure anyone that was there then will agree that it was an amazing night, and weekend in general...

ill second that.

278d7e64a374de26f==