PDA

View Full Version : Record Bags

MARKEG
08-06-2003, 09:43 PM
I need a new record bag cause my present one is falling apart. It's gotta be one I can slip over my shoulder and fit about 100 records in. I use one at the moment that has lots of padding around the outside, which means I can put it though the hold on the plane and the records dont get damaged. Ideally I'd like something like this again. Any suggestions?

K Front
09-06-2003, 09:01 AM
A UDG bag should do the trick..

MARKEG
09-06-2003, 09:45 AM
wow thanx m8.. i would have just nipped into town and got anything. i've just had a look around the net and these bags look very good indeed. i didn't realise - the one i have at the moment is udg but it's incredibly old.

cheers s.

JACKSTAR
09-06-2003, 02:55 PM
If you into designer stuff then you can't go wrong with the Maharishi bag which come in either black or colourful camo style orange / yellow but at £265 it's a little expensive but is very different from your normal box bag style. DJ Rush has the orange / yellow one. They also do a boxbag one with wheels but that's £355 which is just nuts !!!
I just have the boxbag ones which do me OK and the price have come down now too.

P.

wenna
09-06-2003, 07:20 PM
NO!!!!!!!! I PAID A VERY HIGH PRICE FOR A UDG RECORD BAG. FIRRSTLY THEY HOLD NOWHERE NEAR 100 RECORD, PROBABLY ABOUT 85, AND 2 THE STICHING FALLS APART. 3 THE STRAP IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. IM METAL FLIGHT CASES ALL THE WAY FROM NOW ON!

wenna
09-06-2003, 07:21 PM
sorry that was abit negative, on the upside the combination lock is pretty cool

cascade
09-06-2003, 10:47 PM
UDG Rock, period.

put it one way i have no less than three.

They hold more than hundred and come in very minted coulors and combinations of styles.

check this which i have just bought-
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR85590

very good indeed.
Very big though, hard to carry if it was full but any full record bag is.

cas

MARKEG
09-06-2003, 11:03 PM
i think i got it wrong actually... i think i only need 50-80 records in there - i want something that could fit in the overhead compartment (but be put through the hold at check in if they wont let me take it on).

metal boxes are definate no when travelling abroad. they always get lost/stolen and you're a prime target for customs.

what's this Maharishi bag thing and where do i find info about it?!?!

JACKSTAR
10-06-2003, 02:21 AM
The Maharishi bag & boxbag with wheels you can either get from the main shop in Covent Garden or in Selfridges. Rush bought his in Berlin for about £160 but like I say here it's £265 but without a doudt the coolest bag about and they do let you take as hand baggage ( as long as you not seen struggling with it).

P.

willabsorb
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
maharashi designer bags!!! come on peeps, we're dj's not action figures to dress in sexy dj wear and accessories! hahaha, you can get smaller udg bags that do fit in the overhead on planes and will get through check in. although the padding on the smaller bags (50-85) is not the best in the world but should do the trick, the one 1 use for gigs abroad is pretty cool because the whole bag tilts to make it easier to see what tracks you have in there when you flip the lid!!! :clap:

MARKEG
04-01-2004, 03:14 AM
well i went to london specially and bought this mahurashi bag. it looked wicked. but then, as time has gone on, it's just damn impractical. the padding is so thick, you can only hold about 50 records in there.

and after about a month the bottom's ripped.

sure ppl always tell me it's a gorgeous looking bag but who cares if it's impractical.

those udg ones sure look like the safest option to me.

Paul Nisbet
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM

They are the bollox, ive had mine for ages.

If i only take about 60 records i can also get my cdj 800 in the front of the bag, plus load of things like ur pet cat etc in the side pockets, they really are the bollox!

cascade
05-01-2004, 02:18 PM

They are the bollox, ive had mine for ages.

If i only take about 60 records i can also get my cdj 800 in the front of the bag, plus load of things like ur pet cat etc in the side pockets, they really are the bollox!

bang on.
i use mine for everything, i got three now and my biggest the 90flipfront onece held 70 records and a cdj-100 and earphones all in the main compartment, there well sweet.
:cool:

willabsorb
05-01-2004, 03:22 PM
has anyone actually used the trolley bags??? i bought a cargo one and used it a few times, granted, it fits a shit load of records but once youve had a few drinks and whatever else ( :roll: ) i found trying to drag the ****er anywhere abit of a pain. im about 6ft1 so i dont know if that had anything to do with it but i had to keep bending down to drag it proparly! i did like the bag but was wondering if anyone knows if you can get them with longer trolley grips...you do all realise we'll be using them in years when we're all haggered to do our shopping in...lovely thought!

JACKSTAR
06-01-2004, 05:10 PM
i've had my substance original trolleyboxbag for over 2 years now and it's only just starting to look a little knackered and this baby has been everywhere and on at least 150 flights. They are only about £90 and the handle is a solid as anything and I even lift the thing up flights of stairs with the handle and it's ok. Trolley bags are the way to go as osteopath will say you only have 1 back so look after it. The flight case boxes are so terrible and everyone will tell you after walking 50 yards with major bruising and sore arms.

P.

rapture
12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
has anyone actually used the trolley bags??? i bought a cargo one and used it a few times, granted, it fits a shit load of records but once youve had a few drinks and whatever else ( :roll: ) i found trying to drag the **** anywhere abit of a pain. im about 6ft1 so i dont know if that had anything to do with it but i had to keep bending down to drag it proparly! i did like the bag but was wondering if anyone knows if you can get them with longer trolley grips...you do all realise we'll be using them in years when we're all haggered to do our shopping in...lovely thought!

I could have sworn Mark had one of these when he did Dancenation in August. Just pulled a handle out of the top/

cascade
12-01-2004, 08:45 PM
wonder how many times this post has been brought back up.
im sure makrs bought a bag now since it started back in 1996.
nay just messing who ever replied,
we all like are 2 pence worth when it comes to bags,
especially thoose girls. :lol: :lol: ;)

PDT
29-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Im after a new bag as well....had bought the UDG trolley back but now it sounds like its going to fall appart....perhaps something around the 100 record mark...

are the padded bags ok for flight or would it be better to play safe and go for a hard case? ive dragged my udg bag on flight before but always worry somethin ill will happen...any recommendations?

thanks in advance :)

willabsorb
30-01-2004, 11:52 PM
udg's are the same to bags as technics are to decks! the absulute nuts! ive had a few sorts but always go back to the udg's in the end! been on the plane a couple of times and they've always been fine...touch wood!!!
some of them have weird shoulder padings though i recon!

Inferno
16-03-2004, 10:00 AM
UDG bags are big and they don't brake. I have Magma's bag,but it's too small for your needs.

k1ck3r
06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
from 2 years i have Magma bag

i carry about 85-90 records per gig

and it's god damn GOOD! ! !

www.magma-bags.de

RESPECT TO MAGMA! ! !

techno_smack
07-06-2004, 12:35 PM
i use a tescos carrier bag, its the nuts!

Yoshimitsu
07-06-2004, 01:23 PM
:lol:

romelpotter
06-07-2004, 08:32 PM
i have just got aone dammmmm its big, i could use it as a house :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==