PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "SIDETRACKED"

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Ok I just started a little something, not quite done with it yet, but here is a taste. I still need to add some more edits, fix the mixdown because I do think it's a bit over compressed. Other than that I think I just need to finish the arrangement. About 3:30 right now....but tell me what you think....

www.iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_Sidetracked_FIRSTTAKE.mp3

lau
16-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Sounds nice man!!!

But you need to work loads on the mixdown... Really is to overcompressed.. when the bass and the kick are out all the midz pop up...

think you'll need to work on the kick too... needs to be much more agressive and needs to cut more through the mix....

the arrangement is nice though it gets kinda chaotic in some places( maybe thats also due to overcompression/mix) maybe work on the mix first think that will change loads!!..

aightt mix this tune and put her back up :rambo:

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah not bad but the levels are pretty high all over and definately over compressed...

sounds a bit muddy in the lower regions too maybe because of the overcompression but i think maybe a general brightening up in the lower-mids wud help

nice track tho

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 06:30 PM
But you need to work loads on the mixdown... Really is to overcompressed.. when the bass and the kick are out all the midz pop up...

yes indeed my friend ;) That is why I said I need to work on the mixdown :lol: Just wondering what everyone thinks of the idea itself. But yes you are indeed correct I have too much compression on the master channel, but I do kind of like the pumping feel I got from it.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah its a nice feeling when it kicks in after the small intro, but the feeling gets replaced by a lack of energy once it carries on

no doubt will rock when uve sorted it, eager to hear :)

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah its a nice feeling when it kicks in after the small intro, but the feeling gets replaced by a lack of energy once it carries on

Well I don't know what lack of energy you're speaking of, but yes the mix will get sorted.

eyes without a face
16-05-2005, 06:43 PM
well when the kick and bass first come in, they have a nice impact but the effect it has on the rest of the mids makes this impact/feeling dwindle as it progresses, nothing serious, a mixdown issue as u say

audioinjection
16-05-2005, 07:30 PM
i think that over compression gives it a dirty sound, i like it

fix up that mix a bit, but keep the dirtyness

good shit brad

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 08:07 PM
i think that over compression gives it a dirty sound, i like it

I kind of like the dirty pumping effect too, but I do need to still do some more eq'ing. Although I think I still need to back off the comp on the master a bit. Should help to make the mix less muddy.

nova
16-05-2005, 09:21 PM
thats a wicked tune messanger . i like them synth stabs and the dirty nes. thats a proper corker ;)

The Overfiend
16-05-2005, 10:42 PM
You suck Brad. You should give up. I don't know why I love ya so much!
You know what's up. Clean it up and get some more ethereal stuff going in my opinion man.

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 10:47 PM

Yeah I quit :lol:

audioinjection
16-05-2005, 11:08 PM

Yeah I quit :lol:

how about finishing the bad seed track

:lol:

BRADLEE
16-05-2005, 11:10 PM
how about finishing the bad seed track

Just got the FM7 a few moments ago thanks to my homie Martin. So that will be done ASAP DAvid. Might even have it tied down by tomorrow. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==