PDA

View Full Version : New Genre.... EURODORK Style ?

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 10:11 AM
A new Genre which I invented... PLAYED BY EURODORKS in NYC

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23175

EURODORK STYLE = EUROPEAN STYLE TECHNO PLAYED BY EUROWANNABEES IN NYC

Please see link for complete details on what exactly EURODORK Style is

mrbenn
19-05-2005, 10:29 AM
How the Fuk can you define all european techno under one style?! Techno in Europe can be anything from 128bpm minimal to 150bpm shranz.

crime
19-05-2005, 10:38 AM
the funny thing is, is Lenny dee actually plays a lot of european and UK stuff...

what a load of bollocks....

massplanck
19-05-2005, 11:43 AM
"New York is the capital of the world .."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ Becka
19-05-2005, 12:05 PM
How the Fuk can you define all european techno under one style?! Techno in Europe can be anything from 128bpm minimal to 150bpm shranz.

DISCLAIMER-THE ACTIONS AND IDEAS OF THIS GUY DO NOT REFLECT THE ACTIONS AND IDEAS OF PEOPLE HERE IN NYC....

Please guys.....do not even respond to this idiot.....he's about 2 seconds away from getting BANNED on rhythmism for his idiotic behavior, blatent disrespect for the people who helped shape the scene in nyc, and VERY poor marketing tactic for his party.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me......

DJ Becka
19-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Sorry, Benn....I wasnt directing the comment towards you....I was directing it at the moron who started the thread.....

He's just looking for attention.....if you dont feed the troll, he will eventually go away :lol:

forest_p
19-05-2005, 12:26 PM
i thought he was just joking, no?

koma
19-05-2005, 01:28 PM
if the record is good, who bloody cares from where is it..I dont get it.. :eh:

massplanck
19-05-2005, 01:42 PM

No. You should keep within the confines of your continent. God help any DJ's who happen to be from Kenya or Tahiti.

mrbenn
19-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Sorry, Benn....I wasnt directing the comment towards you....I was directing it at the moron who started the thread.....

He's just looking for attention.....if you dont feed the troll, he will eventually go away

No Worries, I agree theres no point feeding the flames, a self opinionated prick will never accept anyone elses point of view, that thread shows of riotsounds pure stupidity & arrogance.

GothamGrooves.com
19-05-2005, 04:51 PM
This kid is a friggan joke! He has been going around on diff boards writing this nonsense. Just ignore him, and let him fade out

SlavikSvensk
19-05-2005, 04:55 PM

No. You should keep within the confines of your continent. God help any DJ's who happen to be from Kenya or Tahiti.

personally, i'm always wary of schranz djs from upper volta. you just can't trust 'em, i've found, especially when billed with burmese minimal djs...

gumpy green
19-05-2005, 05:19 PM
nyc stylee haha.

come to an edinburgh party and well show you how to get down to techno.

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I am not disputing that 99% of the Records come from Europe...

But as I keep saying... Its not about where the records come from

Its about how you arrange the records that you have.... and the FEELING THAT COMES ACCROSS throught your Set

NYC Represents a certain ARROGANCE.. and A CERTAIN ATTITUDE

You can make that attitude come accross wether you are playing records from CHINA, ENGLAND or JAPAN...

BUT ITS more ABOUT... WHO IS PLAYING THOSE RECORDS and how they are coming accross with their music...

NYC STYLE is BATTLE STYLE

NYC IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF HIP-HOP ... HIP-HOP is BAttle style

DANCERS BATTLE

MCS BATTLE

GRAFFITI WRITERS BATTLE

DJS BATTLE

That comes from NYC!!!

WHEN you Battle you come accross with a certain arrognace... to prove your point... that "YOU ARE THE MAN"...

SO BATTLE STYLE is a Style where you are coming accross with the message of

"I AM THE MAN, LOOK AT THIS SHIT!" "I'M THE MAN, LOOK AT THIS SHIT"

European style music comes accross with a different attitude... I am not saying that its better or worse.... BUT IF YOU ARE FROM NYC... you NEED TO REP NYC...

YOU CAN HAVE EUROPEAN INFLUENCES!!! Or Influences from ALL OVER THE WORLD...

OF COURSE!!! No doubt about that...

BUT TO FORGET ABOUT NYC.... and purposely FOCUS on immitating the styles of EUROPEAN PRODUCERS and DJS without ADDING ANY TYPE OF NYC Flavot to it...

TO ME... THere is no excuse for that and there never will be

PS .... MY VIEW REFLECT ALL THE VIEWS OF ALL THE REAL NYC PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

massplanck
19-05-2005, 08:15 PM
judging from that message you I take it you would like allsorts of ****ups & mistakes in a NYC DJ's set.

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Well... I wouldn't say that..

I think most people by now realize what I mean

massplanck
19-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Well... I wouldn't say that..

I think most people by now realize what I mean

All I know is that you labeled a whole continent as Eurodorks and claim that NY is the Capital of the world. Why should anyone take you seriously now?

Mindful
19-05-2005, 08:47 PM
So your not allowd to like music from anywhere but New york if your from New york?

Street art(graffiti) hip hop and dance battles happen in other places too you know,just with different slants thats why there all still alive.

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 09:16 PM
NO...

PEOPLE IN EUROPE are NOT EURODORKS

Not at all... THE ARE HUNDREDS of PIONEERS IN EUROPE

I respect all those people

ITS PEOPLE in NYC who are THE EURODORKS

Since techno in NYC is much smaller than in Europe... Instead of these people trying to have THE BALLS to build thier own SCENE based on OUR OWN NEW YORK SOUND...

ALL THEY DO IS TRY TO IMMITATE THE EUROPEANS!!!

But are they from Europe!!!???

NO!!!!

SO THE STYLE THEY COME OUT WITH IS NOT EUROPEAN OR NEW YORK

ITS FREAKIN EURODORK STYLE!!!!

People from NYC should be embarrased the way they have represented New York techno... Freaking coming out with EURODORK STYLE?

WOULD YOU GUYS FROM EUROPE EVER TRY TO IMMITATE SOMEONE ELSE?

TELL ME!!!!?

detfella
19-05-2005, 09:27 PM
ASLONG AS DA MUSIC IS GOD WHO GIEVS A FLYNG CRUMPET

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 09:29 PM
^^^^^ I know... I agree 100%

But how can you make good music by imitating someone else and not stying true to yourself

Am I wrong here?

SlavikSvensk
19-05-2005, 09:45 PM
^^^^^ I know... I agree 100%

But how can you make good music by imitating someone else and not stying true to yourself

Am I wrong here?

everyone is always imitating someone else in some ways. it does not make a rats ass difference where you are from, or what you decide to play, as long as it's good and you find a way to add something new.

innovation begins with imitation...

...besides...i lived in nyc for many years and, frankly, it ain't even close to the center of the techno-world...

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Not even close to the Center of the WORLD techno wise

100% true...

YEs... IMMITATION is always a part of creating

100% TRUE..

I mean.. Like I said... You can have influences from Everywhere... But to purposely Just attempt IMMITATE what someone esle does without Bringing your own fashion, flavor and locale to it in any way shape or form...

THAT'S EURODORK STYLE

And that is pathetic and completly unexceptable and should never be legitimized....

Thats what I am saying

DJ Becka
19-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Not even close to the Center of the WORLD techno wise

100% true...

YEs... IMMITATION is always a part of creating

100% TRUE..

I mean.. Like I said... You can have influences from Everywhere... But to purposely Just attempt IMMITATE what someone esle does without Bringing your own fashion, flavor and locale to it in any way shape or form...

THAT'S EURODORK STYLE

And that is pathetic and completly unexceptable and should never be legitimized....

Thats what I am saying

GET A F*****ING LIFE ALREADY.....LOOOOOOSSSEEERRRRRR!!!!

SEEKTEER RIOTSOUND!!!!!!

g
19-05-2005, 10:44 PM
you really ought to charge admission.

fresh_an_funky_design
19-05-2005, 10:59 PM
so cos i'm from the uk does that mean i'm not allowed to play french or german techno. or can i not play detroit techno, cos thats made on another continent surely if i play it, that must be illegal. if i think about it the way you are.

so over here in the uk if we listen to US hip hop are we american dorks. no i think not

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Yea...

BUT THE UK MAKES ITS OWN STYLE HIP_HOP TOO

THE STREETS

and the Garage... AND PEOPLE IN AMERICA RESPECT THAT!!!

Becasue we know its something you took of ours and built on and added your own flavor to...

ITS NOT LIKE WE GOT 50 CENT HERE IN AMERICA

and you guys came out with

50 EURODOLLAR in the UK!!!

YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Of course you can play records from other countries or anywhere else in the world... but you will still bring a flavor to it based on where you were you come from!!! and what your updringing was!!

EURODORK STYLE in the USA makes NO ATTEMPT TO DO THAT WHAT SOEVER

all Eurodork Style does is take certain "Catchy" elements from European Style DJs and producers and tries to immitate that

SlavikSvensk
19-05-2005, 11:21 PM
what is your point posting this on a board populated primarily by europeans and americans who like a lot of european records?

if the presence of djs who play european records in new york or who "imitate european style" bothers you so much, why don't you take this up on discogs or technoputa, where you are likely to find more new yorkers?

tocsin
19-05-2005, 11:33 PM
so cos i'm from the uk does that mean i'm not allowed to play french or german techno. or can i not play detroit techno, cos thats made on another continent surely if i play it, that must be illegal. if i think about it the way you are.

so over here in the uk if we listen to US hip hop are we american dorks. no i think not

Meh. Just do your own thing. I understand the stereotype he's alluding to so I can kind of relate. National borders are man made and stupid. But, some people have pride in them like they actually mean something. Every now and then, I'll run into a "that's not how it's done in Europe" Dj/Producer/critic/whatever around here. That type usually has a bunch of subjective rules which they apply to the music, sometimes completely pulled out of their ass, and use the myth of "how it's done in Europe" to give it credibility. I don't pay it much attention since it's just reflective of a closed mind that's more trying to fit a perception/image than anything else that coms from a "grass is greener on the other side" outlook. But, every now and then, it's annoying if I, or what I enjoy, becomes a target of that mindset. That's a rarity though, largely because of the music I prefer. I mean, yeah, NYC is NYC. There are different factors at play, especially crowd wise, than in let's say Amsterdam. Fight it or simply accept it and roll with it.

BTW, musically for techno, I don't see how NYC is any less or more special than any other place. Anyone who can see this message has the ability to rise above, and completely dissolve, something as silly as an invisible line when it comes to music because they no longer apply to us. They no longer prevent communication and interaction.

GothamGrooves.com
19-05-2005, 11:37 PM
How can you be this big of an idiot? I come from ny and I cant fathom your mentality... Considering America, NY especially is made up of diff cultures how da fuk can u claim NY'ers bite off of other styles? Just because Carola or Gaetano work with a certain sound, does that mean only italians are allowed to make that sound? Same with Swedish, etc...
If something sounds good I would expect as many people to be exposed to it as possibly
If you are so gong ho on the hip hop scene then go promote the shite out of hip hop, you have done nothing but have the kids in the NY scene laugh at you...

tocsin
19-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Ash, honestly, I do find some of the attitudes towards hip-hop amongst NYC techno purists to be really misplaced and ignorant. Hip-hop is part of NYC electronic music culture as well. I've never quite understood the strife that seems to be there at times with people who are either all about hip-hop or techno. If people don't like it, cool. But, seriously, I'm sure you've heard the "x has no place in y" when it comes to styles of music. I'm not 100% sure if that is what Riot is referring to. But, for the most part, I'm glad the people who share the same tastes and outlook in music aren't limiting.

RIOTSOUND
19-05-2005, 11:48 PM
I am curious as to why you are taking such personal offense to it?

Did I ever say you represent EURODORK STYLE?

America IS MADE OF DIFFERNT CULTURES..

BUT WHENEVER I GO OUT OF NYC... People can tell right away!!!

THey say.... "Hey, Are you from NEW YORK?"

I CAN TELL BY THE WAY YOU TALK and How you Put KETCHUP on YOUR EGGS!!!!

SO YOU ARE TELLING ME... If you are from NYC... AND YOU MAKE MUSIC!!!

MUSIC IS A ****IN ARTFORM!!!

You are telling me if people can tell I am from NYC by how I PUT KETCHUP ON MY EGGS AND HOW I TALK!!!....

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL I AM FROM NEW YORK BY LISTENING TO MY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE YOUR HEADS STUCK SO FAR UP YOUR ASSES... NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... BUT YOU ACTUALLY BELEIVE THAT YOUR WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY..

YEA!!!!

EURODORK STYLE!!!

THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE...

SHHHHH!!!! Make sure none finds out we are from NYC... Lets tell them we are from Belguim

We'll get morr booking that way!!!

YEA YEA!!

GREAT IDEA!!

WHAT A ****ING JOKE!!!

tocsin
20-05-2005, 12:03 AM
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL I AM FROM NEW YORK BY LISTENING TO MY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, yeah, that's what I'd be saying. Techno from "NYC," or any other place, is largely a flawed perception. People will associate a certain sound with a location because a certain sound has been hyped as being from a certain location. At best, you should shoot for sounding like your artist name, not a location.

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Yea... DUDE... I know

But over the LONG TERM

Shouldn't people have a certain perception of the sound?

I MEAN SHIT... If listen to ONE TOCSIN track I might not know where it came from...

BUT IF LISTEN TO 10... I CAN bet you amything you want I will be able to tell you are from NYC!!!

With EURODORK STYLE... you can listen to it for MONTHS, YEARS, DECADES

And you will never be able to figure it out

Eventually you will come to realize that it is a HOLLOW style created by Eurowannabes in America who didn't have enough of a spine to pursue thier own agenda

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 12:08 AM
I would equate EURODORK STYLE

TO WHAT WEIRD AL YANCOVIC DOES

tocsin
20-05-2005, 12:30 AM
But, Alex, I'm not from NYC nor have I ever claimed to be. I've never done anything but visit NYC. I've never even really wanted to live there. So, wouldn't that just kinda show how sound being related to location is misleading? Honestly, I don't even know if you'd be able to tell. Not meaning that as an insult either. But, some people have thought music I worked on with Nina and Phil was out of France or Germany. On top of which, while I think your heart is in the right place on coming up with your own sound/style rather than just emulating something else, what about the handful of people in NYC who just really love a style of techno that is particularly affiliated with being from Europe for some reason? If they make something that is either similar or derivitive, are they imitating at that point or are they just doing what they love and writing what they feel? Don't get so concerned about whoever you think are fakers. They always destroy themselves by quarrelling with other fakers or simply fade away when they get bored. It's not like they are a threat. It's not like the only techno music scene in NYC is controlled by fakers either.

BRADLEE
20-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Ehh, where ever you live, you should just make the kind of music you like to make or play. I live in Phoenix Arizona. So I guess that would make my stuff Hillbilly techno then... :lol:

However I do not ride a horse, nor do I live in the middle of the desert, and my name is not John Wayne.

To me, it just doesn't matter where you come from. Just make the tunes, make them ****ing bang until the ceiling falls down. Most of all just do it well. That's all that really matters.

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 12:49 AM
It's not like the only techno music scene in NYC is controlled by fakers either.

Unfortunatley it is.. How often do you guys get booked!?

I think you should be playing out every weekend!!!! How much better do you need to be???!!!! I think you can ROck a stadium of People with a live PA is you got the chance to do it. But do the EURODORKS LET YOU? NO, They Bring over DJs that Nobody ever heard of to showcase the Latest GALLOPING HORSE BEAT

CHA CHING, CHA CHING, CHA CHING!!!

EURODORK STYLE!!!! GRAB YOUR DIESEL JEANS AND LETS GO OUT!

EVERYTHING is controlled by Fakers.. The real people only have a moment here and there where we can break through and allow for our voices to be heard...

And as far as the Production... I know sometimes it can be a little tricky to place certain styles... I agree... BUT When you play DJ sets.... I think the style and locale should come accross more...

I dunno... whatever

BOTTOM LINE

EURODORK STYLE Is a cancer in the NYC techno scene

IF ANYONE DID IT WITH HEART AND IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD - IT WOULD NEVER COME ACCROSS AS EURODORK STYLE.

IT WOULD COME ACCROSS AS EUROSTYLE WITH SOME NYC INFLUENCE...

But it doesn't come accross that way

It comes accross fake

IT COMES ACCROSS AS EURODORK

DJ Becka
20-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm really amazed that this thread has gotten to be 3 pages already :roll:

Alex....you truly are an a**hole -and I seriously look forward to seeing you banned on rhythmism...not that you care since your blatent disrespect of NY and the people who support the scene is disgusting :dontevengothere:

Why dont you go promote and spin hiphop if you love it so much.....this is a board that supports techno....take your bs somewhere else....

To everyone else on here....please stop encouraging this idiot....reasoning with him and his wacked out way of being wont work......there are other motives for him getting people riled up-and it's not because of his love for techno.....

You've all been warned.....

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 12:53 AM
YES... MAKE THE MUSIC GOOD

NO MATTER WHAT

JUST STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF

YES... I AGREE 100%

But

EURODORK STYLE

1) IS NOT GOOD

2) IS NOT TRUE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT EURODORKS

When I hear that sound that a lot of DJs in NYC are now starting to play.... all I can picture is a bunch of Eurodorks who can't dance just making a mokery of the dancefloor

BEING FROM NYC... THAT iS NOT SOMETHING I CAN BE PROUD OF

Sorry if that offends anyone

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Why don't you post some of your MIXES BECKA

and show what STYLE YOU PLAY!!!

LET PEOPLE JUDGE!!!

HEre are 3 of my NYC STYLE HARD TECHNO MIXES.... I WILL LET THE BOARD TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK

http://www.riotsound.org/audio/m3u/GhettoSoundSystem.m3u

http://www.riotsound.org/audio/m3u/HeavyArtillery.m3u

http://www.riotsound.org/audio/m3u/Destro-RIOTSOUND.m3u

THE LAST MIX is only THE SECOND half... I didn't have enough space on my Website... so I cut the file in Half

BECKA... BASE ON YOUR STATEMENTS --- YOU SEEM TO BE PROJECTING EXTREME CONFIDENCE..

SO I AM WAITING FOR YOU TO POST YOUR MIXES AND SHOW PEOPLE WHAT REAL NYC STYLE IS ALL ABOUT

MY MUSIC REPRESENTS FOR NEW YORK... Have a listen and tell me what you think

I think our European friends are curious as to what NYC is all about so please post your mixes so we can see whats what

GothamGrooves.com
20-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I am curious as to why you are taking such personal offense to it?
[/b]

Because such a limited mentality such as yours give the rest of the scene a bad name, and those who are ignorant to the electronic music scene will place us in the same grouping. Who are you to judge how a set should sound? Yes NY has a certain attitude, but how dare you judge someone on how they should arranage their sets?

Tocsin, I actually dont limit myself to only Techno, I love Metal, Funk, and Jazz as well...

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:13 AM
DUDE!!

Did I say anything about how you arrange our sets?

Post a set here and show us what you mean

SINCE I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD ONE OF YOUR SETS

You jumping the gun like this makes it seem like you are all for EURODORK style...

I JUST DON't GET... IF YOU REPRESENT NYC you should not be offended by any of my statements...

If you represent for New York... just SAY SO...

JEEZ...

I am just not sure what the problem is

I posted my music... I am letting you see the sound I am talking about..

ITS 95% all EUROPEAN RECORDS... also I have some Eurpean influences as well which I want all our European friends to see...

I just don't understand what your problem is

I MEAN... what else can I do?

Mucky Beats
20-05-2005, 01:14 AM
is this guy for real EURODORK ? ....um check out one of ya "hard techno" mixes....um you wanna sort you set out! :doh: as for HARD ? my gran's harder than some of ya tunes... your spouting a load of crap and then backing it up with this stuff? :doh:

people may think i'm out of line but ... what is this guy on?

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:16 AM
How is it ignorant to Represent New York City?

I just don't get...

I keep going over it in my mind but I can't understand what you mean

I respect all influences... Metal, Rock, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Raeggae... anything

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Listen to the mixes until the end... they always start off slow... but thats just like 2 tracks...

Or start from the middle...

Mucky Beats
20-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Listen to the mixes until the end... they always start off slow... but thats just like 2 tracks...

i flicked thro.... there are some ok tracks in places ...but hell man people in glass house's should'nt throw stones...if ya know what i mean?

The Divide
20-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Pass me whatever hes smoking ;)

massplanck
20-05-2005, 01:22 AM

The one I'm listening to at the moment has tracks from france/switzerland & england mixed together which I have played out a good bit .

I'm in ****ing Ireland.

BRADLEE
20-05-2005, 01:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/messanger/thumb_22979.jpg

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Dude... I am just trying to get the NYC techno scene back on the right track...

I want it to be that DJs from NYC are respected for being from NEW YORK...

Why are people giving me such a hard time

I KNOW EUROPEAN STYLE IS GREAT... EUROPEANS BROUGHT TECHNO TO THE NEXT LEVEL

But don't you think if NYC ever wants to be respected we need to try to do something to TOP what other people now are doing?

Of course we can never be sure if its going to work

But how honorable is it to just imitate something that PIONEERS in Europe put their heart and soul into... ITS Not fair to New York and its NOT FAIR TO EUROPE... thats why I can call it EURODORK Style... its not European and its not NYC... so what is it?

EVEN if you live in NEW YORK and you don't want to REPRESENT THE NEW YORK SOUND!!!

FINE!! At least do something that sounds ORIGINAL!!! EVEN IF ITS NOT NEW YORK..

BUT when People in New York Make Music and Play Records that you can clearly see are Just PLOYS to give them some kind of EURO - APPEAL..

I maen, what else is there to be said?

Can't you see why someone would be upset by that?

TRUST ME... I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Yea... Please tell me if you like the mixes?

TELL ME THE TRUTH

If you like them ... You like them

If you don't like them...feel free to say that as well

Thanks for taking the time

The Germ
20-05-2005, 01:49 AM
:roll:

The Germ
20-05-2005, 01:52 AM

DISCLAIMER-THE ACTIONS AND IDEAS OF THIS GUY DO NOT REFLECT THE ACTIONS AND IDEAS OF PEOPLE HERE IN NYC....

Please guys.....do not even respond to this idiot.....he's about 2 seconds away from getting BANNED on rhythmism for his idiotic behavior, blatent disrespect for the people who helped shape the scene in nyc, and VERY poor marketing tactic for his party.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me......

i 100% agree please don't use NY as ur basis casue we a lot of use don't share your views.

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 01:53 AM
an american bornaa?

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Hmmm.... So what is your view on the New York Techno sound as well as the sound of Techno in general coming from the DJs and producers coming out of NYC?

I am just curious..

I have stated my view...what's yours?

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Hmmm.... So what is your view on the New York Techno sound as well as the sound of Techno in general coming from the DJs and producers coming out of NYC?

I am just curious..

I have stated my view...what's yours?

just listened to one of your mixes...i got no problems with it. but i'm not sure it's so distinctly new york. i mean, someone could spin that set and be from anywhere, so i'm not sure what the mixes you posted prove about your original post.

if you are going to ask what is new york techno, to me it's frankie bones and joey beltram. most of the djs and producers there are not from the city originally anyways.

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 02:31 AM
FRANKIE BONES is who I respect the most...

I molded my sound by listening to Frankie Bones and Hip-Hop

Frankie Bones is the Battletek, Ghettotek sound... which is in essense NYC... He's not the end all of all NYC djs... But as far as techno in NYC goes... You can't go too far past Frankie

Joey Beltran is amazing of course... But now he is more into the Disco House I guess

BUT... if you are From Europe...you probably can't see it as distictly (as far as my sound being NYC)... Becasue I would have a very hard time listening to a European techno mix and saying... that its BERLIN or LONDON or GHENT or any other city...

But people from NYC can recognize it instantly... Just like you can recognize the sound of your City and Country

That's why I can clearly see DJs in NYC NOT REPRESENTING NYC... since I know the sound... For you guys its harder to tell... SInce you are not from NYC

So LETS FLIP THE TABLE for a second

LETS ASSUME that NYC was the TECHNO CAPITAL of the WOrld and EUROPE had a small Techno scene... (SO the exact opposite of the way it is today)...

How would you feel if you were sitting in your hometown in Europe and all the DJs started Spinning Battletek and Ghettotek and Trying to project a New York image? Meanwhile... you felt like that sound had absolutely no relevance to your city, to you or anything around you... AND Not only that! - Like I said... You don't have to represent for your locale BUT AT LEAST DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL that others ARE NOT DOING... So not only are many people doing things that are irrelavant BUT they are also doing it to Immitate Others

How would you feel about it?

Do you see what I mean?

ITS NOT RIGHT... AND ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE SHOULD RESPECT

GothamGrooves.com
20-05-2005, 02:36 AM
DUDE!!

Did I say anything about how you arrange our sets?

Yes you did, on the first thread, this is how burnt you are, you dont even realize the stupidity you are typing..

Its about how you arrange the records that you have.... and the FEELING THAT COMES ACCROSS throught your Set

!![/b]

You want to gvie NYC props, who are you to define its sound? We at Gotham Grooves have our "sound" Sonic groove has its own "sound" If others want to make/ play that sound in other countires we would be honored. You give respekt to others to get props back for your scene, not by acting arrogant & immature...

GothamGrooves.com
20-05-2005, 02:36 AM
On a side note Jeremy aka da Germ! Whats up man long time no see.
Are you comin out for Barbara tomorrow night?

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 02:48 AM
I was trying to say that Hip-Hop is core to the NYC sound and has a place in the NYC techno scene as well

AT THE VERY LEAST through Samples and Projecting a certain attitude...

Everyone jumped down my throat calling me an idiot and so forth...

I have been following music since the mid 80's

Why would I say something that didn't make any sense?

WHY?

SONIC GROOVE DOES NOT HAVE ITS OWN SONIC GROOVE SOUND

THATS NOT TRUE

FRANKIE BONES has the Battletek, Ghettotek sound

Adam X has the Electroclash and Horrorcore sound

Heather Heart has the Warm Techno Analog Sound

Dan Physics has the Industrial, Goth, Synthpop sound

They all Represent for NYC but in different ways and they are all different

THATS WHY SONIC GROOVE is Best "Techno" Institution NYC has ever seen!

Instead of jumping on the bandwagon of someone 4000 miles away we should be following the footsteps of OUR PIONEERS

I am not saying that you are doing it one way or another... not at all

BUT WHEN I GO OUT IN NYC... Every Month I hear more and more DJs just trying to immitate the sound of people that come over from Europe...

BUT FOR WHAT?

How is that sound relevant to us? IN THE MEANTIME OUR SCENE KEEPS SHRINKING AND SHRINKING... AND ALL I SEE IS PEOPLE TRYING TO IMMITATE OTHERS in the Hope that maybe one day they can LEAVE NYC and GO TO EUROPE

Again...

THAT IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN RESPECT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM OR AGREE WITH

Patrick DSP
20-05-2005, 02:50 AM
Labels are for my underwear, so i can write my name on it.
that is all.
next topic please.

RIOTSOUND
20-05-2005, 02:58 AM
I am not defining the sound... The sound is what it is

LABELS are dumb I agree...

All I ask for is Originality, Respect and for people to be true to themselves..

In many instances it is apparant that this is not the case in New York.

When I try to come out and point out a couple of influences that people may just want to "keep in mind"...

People jump down my throat

Thats exactly what happened... and its 100% True..

ALL these guys talk about in NYC is how the want to "MOVE TO EUROPE"
WELL JEEZ... Move already...

Don't worry, nobody will miss you

The Overfiend
20-05-2005, 03:19 AM
you gotta go b.

278d7e64a374de26f==