PDA

View Full Version : Acid Trance 93-95ish

massplanck
20-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Before you freak out...

I mean stuff like Teste - The Wipe & the sets that Sven Vath used to knock out around 93-95.

What labels/artists kicked arse around then? Not the happy Eye-Q stuff but the er darker tinged madness?

crime
20-05-2005, 10:28 AM
old spicelab stuff I remember being cool...

FILTERZ
20-05-2005, 11:17 AM
noom

davethedrummer
20-05-2005, 12:50 PM
harthouse - traveller 1- chris leibing and andrew wooden acid trance!
what about tesox?

FILTERZ
20-05-2005, 03:06 PM
purple wooden custard

ok i made that up

RDR
20-05-2005, 03:07 PM
noom

I remember the days!....

FILTERZ
20-05-2005, 03:34 PM
noom

I remember the days!....

yes

FILTERZ
20-05-2005, 03:35 PM
and what great days they are

FILTERZ
20-05-2005, 03:36 PM
were

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Before you freak out...

I mean stuff like Teste - The Wipe & the sets that Sven Vath used to knock out around 93-95.

What labels/artists kicked arse around then? Not the happy Eye-Q stuff but the er darker tinged madness?

hmm...not sure i'd say the wipe is acid trance, but it is was ****ing amazing. some other slightly off-the-beaten-path gems from that period...maybe not quite what you are asking for, but, knowing your tastes, if you don't already have these records, i think you would like them...

choice - "acid eiffel" on fragile (co-written by laurent garnier)
bobby konders - "nervous acid" on massive b
public energy - "slumber" on probe (plus 8 spinoff)
the acid didj - "the acid didj" on telepathic (fred gianelli)

massplanck
20-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Its IS acid trance. I have the documents to prove it... ;)

But yeah on that sort of tip... thanks for the heads up evil trancy stuff before trance became a dirty dirty word and shit. Maybe some Labworks/Rising High/Plastic City is what i'm after. I dunno its hard to find sets from this era.... :hmm:

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Its IS acid trance. I have the documents to prove it... ;)

But yeah on that sort of tip... thanks for the heads up evil trancy stuff before trance became a dirty dirty word and shit. Maybe some Labworks/Rising High/Plastic City is what i'm after. I dunno its hard to find sets from this era.... :hmm:

lol...one man's acid trance is another man's canadian techno.

as for teste, it's really too bad that hamadre didn't put out more records...the few he did are amazing.

on a related note...you listen to kelly hand at all? "flashback" on acacia is a real burner, though it's more in a "jeff-mils-goes-acid" way than harthouse. was caned by mills, hawtin, vath, etc. back in the day.

also

lemon8 - "model8" on basic energy

and...for the sven vath 92-95 moneyshot...here's the harthouse catalog

http://www.discogs.com/label/Harthouse

barbarella and spice lab were big back then, though i don't own them and haven't heard either in so many years i can't tell if they'd sound cheesy or deliciously cheesy now...

massplanck
20-05-2005, 05:32 PM
:clap: Slavik & his Time Machine does it again.

I thought one of the guys from Teste is doing stuff for Zhark now? Huren. Has loads of releases. Havent heard any of them. Zharks are hard to come by.

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 06:01 PM
:clap: Slavik & his Time Machine does it again.

I thought one of the guys from Teste is doing stuff for Zhark now? Huren. Has loads of releases. Havent heard any of them. Zharks are hard to come by.

haha...it's detfella's timemachine...he just lets me borrow it when my memory goes bad... ;)

thats huren, though if i remember correctly from the old days in michigan, hamadre was the major creative force behind the wipe.

i could definately be wrong about that though...

massplanck
20-05-2005, 06:21 PM
thats huren, though if i remember correctly from the old days in michigan, hamadre was the major creative force behind the wipe.

i could definately be wrong about that though...

Whoever twisted the filter knob is the genius you mean!

Sunil
20-05-2005, 07:34 PM
noom

I remember the days!....

Tandu "Acido EP" on that was a gem..

Sunil
20-05-2005, 07:44 PM
what about tesox?

Yep, or AWex either. Plastic City was a good label alright...

massplanck
20-05-2005, 10:11 PM
http://stat.discogs.com/R/t/78020-001.jpg

OK. The cover is as retarded as hell but I loved this record. Must whip it out again. I know its scratched to **** though. Some killer tracks on there. Used to love everything on Transient full stop...

Various - Transient: Nu Energy + Trance

Tracklisting:
1 Quench Hope (Elevator Mix) (4:14)
Remix - Elevator
2 Razor's Edge The Zoo (7:24)
3 Emphasis Retro Master (6:36)
4 Intrance Visions Of Love (Sky Trip Mix) (10:45)
Featuring - D.sign
5 Peter Vriends Joy (Exit EEE Remix) (7:00)
Remix - Exit EEE
6 Headman Work My Mind (Steve Mason & P.E.T.E. Mix) (5:55)
Remix - P.E.T.E. , Steve Mason
7 Peter Lazonby Sacred Cycles (Yum Yum Remix) (8:36)
Remix - Yum Yum
8 Disco Volante El Metro (Head-Doctor Remix) (6:14)
Remix - Head-Doctor
9 Overlords, The God's Eye On Goa (Bionizer Remix) (8:12)
Remix - Bionizer
10 Ramin & Mehmet Noche De Pasion (Chabos De Pasion Mix) (6:03)
11 Earth Nation Alienated (Earth Mix) (7:38)

SlavikSvensk
20-05-2005, 10:29 PM
take me higher by the modifiers...acidy-trancey track from vancouver, canada...the breakdown is so mid-90s it resides somewhere between painful and glorious...

massplanck
20-05-2005, 11:23 PM
hmmm.. I'd say most of the old Edge records stuff would fit in that 'lets mix mushrooms/acid/pills/tea/fagash & skittles into this jam jar and drink it down in one go' category too.

Remember that dude who was compiling the whole Edge Records back catalog onto mp3?

Would some nerd hack him on my behalf please.

davethedrummer
23-05-2005, 09:26 PM
yes massplank!
that earth nation record is a bomb!

Oracle
24-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Rising High - Solenoid EP (circa 93). This is what I considered to be Acid Trance at the time - esp the track Solar Power. Tough, with a spacey (not cheesy) breakdown...

"I'm falling and I can't get up..."

serox
15-06-2005, 01:40 PM
as far as i knew i thought the 'stay up for ever' label was Acid Trance. along with other UK Acid Trance Labels.

Thats what every one i know calls it...

reality
16-06-2005, 03:44 PM
yes

harthouse
noom
stay up forever - "wah wahs acid" ruff track
bonzai
nitric
---------------------------------------------------
violet skies.
LSP.