PDA

View Full Version : bendy streeetttcchhhy f£%^^$*%cked up drums

JohnnySideways
21-05-2005, 03:01 PM
anyone wanna share knowledge about getting that mashup drum style? i.e. Venesian Snares,MonsterZokuOnsonb,Hellfish/Producer type tip....
i'v been mashing drums through the granulizer in Fruity,sampling the result then banging it in the beat slicer....or doing wierd things with the acidloop tools in soundforge n sampling the result...then back in beatslicer.
Anyone use Ableton?? am thinkin that might be good for this kinda warping of stuff(but have yet to learn the program)...
any tips apreciated
;)

Mindful
21-05-2005, 04:04 PM
try lowering the bitrate to 8 bit by using a bitcrusher also I think im safe to say that hellfish ect use an awfull lot of distortion.

Mindful
21-05-2005, 04:07 PM
plus lots of time stretching or the oposite unstreching for want of a better term

j_s
21-05-2005, 06:12 PM
try sticking loads of short (multitap?) delay on percussion sounds.
ohmboyz vst is good for this cos you can mangle stuff even more by linking the parameters to lfos...

slightly offtopic - anyone know of a (pref. free) vst that works like the granulizer in fruity? i've tried a few things out but haven't been able to find anything that's quite as flexible as the fruity one....

JohnnySideways
22-05-2005, 02:37 PM
nice one folks..some stuff to try out there...
any more??
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==