PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX 2.0 and FL Producer

TechnoNRGKid
22-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Since i've been working in FL Producer i learned alot of things, and some needs. I didn't like the way automation was set up mostly in FL for some reason. I never really hung on to using automation too much even when i know i need to automate fx and things more.

So i went back to Cubase after maybe close to a year of last using it.
The program seems alot more understandable now, especially from what i picked up from FL.
At first i created a few drum loops in FL and exported them to Cubase, but then i remembered bout the Drum Synths i have that would work perfect for Cubase.
I just needed to figure out how to trigger notes from vsti synths.
After messing around abit i figured it out. Course there had to be some type of sheet editor to control. So i found that first, then figured out i need to draw a blank midi sample in the main project window also.
Felt good to finally getting it to work and it's much more easier to draw midi patterns in Cubase to me than it is then FL. OR maybe i mean, i like the whole setup of Cubases Midi editor and Many advanced features through that and the whole cubase program alone.
I then figured out that Cubase also has a drum pattern editor and there own drum machine also.
I always seen this stuff before but never knew how to put it together, till i created patterns with FL looking for the same options in cubase.
Midi routing of one vsti to multiple tracks is much more better ( of course it's cubase right ) than in FL. I couldnt use Wardolf attack with there different sound presets to different tracks easily. Like for example using the drum kick from Attack, and a Clap from Attack was much harder to set up.

Anyway my overall thoughts are just that Cubase is sick, not that most didn't know that. But i'm really impressed with what you can do and have control over with ease. VST connection, links are hot. So many parameteres to tweak and setup.
MY automation questions have been answered completely with Cubase. I can easily set automations now for many samples, effects.
I dunno if i'll go back to FL now :shock:

eyes without a face
22-05-2005, 09:13 PM
point is?

lets not start the old "cubase/logic vs fruity" debate, thats so old....... ;)

TechnoNRGKid
22-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Nah, i wont down talk FL, i had/have lots of fun with that program.
I guess as you learn more you just move on to what might suits you better.
Point is i'm just really shocked at cubase. I knew it had lots of power, and lots of musicians use it for a reason, but now i see exactly why.

eyes without a face
22-05-2005, 09:26 PM
each to their own regards production in my opinion, its the end product that matters.... but shocked by Cubase i wudnt get that personally as its been the industry standard for sequencers for years with Logic seriously rivalling it the past few years

its like saying im shocked at how good technics are ;)

TechnoNRGKid
23-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Well if a person never used technics and did not know what exactly they were capable of they'd probably say the same.
;)

each to their own regards production in my opinion, its the end product that matters

Of course.
I Didn't say one product is better than the other, although it could sound like that. :-)

nova
23-05-2005, 10:33 AM
i want to upgrade to logic 7 pro!!. god thats a fat programe!!. i do want to run cubase sx3 aswell. both on the same system realy!!. i would of thout automation would of been pretty much the same from all 3 programes... grab ya pen and pen itin??

eyes without a face
23-05-2005, 11:09 AM
not at all, with a company like Technics the reputation exceeds itself and anyone with even a slight interest in using decks will know what technics can do...

i know u dont mean one is better than teh other, but it did read like that.... hence my automatic Fruity defence mechanism kicking in haha ;)

TechnoNRGKid
23-05-2005, 02:46 PM
^ lol.
FL still rocks.

Nova, nah FL doesn't have the pen style of drawing, well it does, it's just pencils. :lol:

danielmarshall
27-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm a big Cubase SX2 fan, but I use FL Studio for writing techno for the sake of one feature - the step editor. SX has a step pattern sequencer too I know, but it's not nearly as productive as Fruitys for programming pattern based stuff :( I really dislike Fruity's interface though and I wish to all hell Steinberg would address the issue properly so that I could ditch FL... Oh, and they could throw in a decent soft sampler too :P FL's isn't wonderful, but it's better than Halion IMO (and you have to buy that separately).

eyes without a face
27-05-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah my 2 gripes with fruity is its name and its gui

TOM GALLOP[
27-05-2005, 11:47 PM
You can use fruity as a vst in Cubase SX guys. Rock on. :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==