PDA

View Full Version : Soundforge Problem

tekboi
23-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi guys,

I have two seperate short mixes at both .wav and .mp3 at around 25-30 mins each. Now I want to connect these two mixes as one in soundforge so that I can make up one .mp3 file so I can then make up a cue file for it.

Now when I cut then past the second mix onto the end of the first mix in soundforge, the mix that is pasted gives me an error saying sample rate is incorrect therefore the pitch will be changed, in which it does change, why is this?

How can I go about doing this successfully without the quality of sound decreasing ofcourse, I know it might be so simple, so I hope you guys can help, cheers!

RDR
23-05-2005, 04:19 PM
you need to right click on each file and have a look at the sample rates, then adjust them to the same (using the sample rate convert option in the menu section) . Also it would certainly be simpler if you converted the mp3 to wav and then converted back.

tekboi
24-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Tried it and its not working. I put the 2nd mix after the 1st mix in, then highlight the 2nd mix and go to the menu (PROCESS then RESAMPLE), then I change it to its normal sample rate and nothing happens.

???

RDR
24-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Thats because you are attempting to change the sample rate of the file once the two files have been joined, this is not possible as soundforge wont let you do this. (i think)

Make sure the files are seperate, change the sample rate before joining them together.

tocsin
24-05-2005, 06:20 PM
DodgyEdgy is right. When you "resample" something in Soundforge, it applies it to the whole file. So, pasting the two together and then resampling will not work. In the lower corner of your soundforge screen, the sampling rate of the file you have in view should be shown. Pick whichever file has the highest sampling rate, and then "resample" the other file at that rate. Or, to make your life even easier, just resample both files to "44,100" when they are open. Then, highlight the one you wish to paste in, copy it, and paste it in. You will no longer have the same problem.

278d7e64a374de26f==