£7 ON THE DOOR

Dj: Inigo Kennedy (Asymmetric)

Dj: Chris Hoog (Locked)

Residents: Jay Knight and Adam Rayner
The Phoenix, Oxford Road, Manchester

For more information on this monthly event go to / contact us at: -
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com Ads on 07790 060562

Inigo Kennedy (Asymmetric)

Inigo Kennedy was born in London 1972 and spent the majority of his early years developing a passion for electronic music. The burgeoning acid house scene planted the seeds of what was to become a great passion for techno as Inigo started to set up a small studio whilst studying for his degree in Manchester. This period of production culminated in winning the 1996 Fosters Ice Breaker for Techno on John Berry's Techno Show on Kiss 102, in-turn providing the foundation for his first release 'The Bond EP' in June 1996.

With a big confidence boost behind him he began firing off material to Karl O'Connor (Regis) at Downwards and eventually this evolved into my first real opening when ZET, a now defunct sister label to Downwards, became home to my second release 'Automation Makers Art'. At around the same time, a close friendship with Slovenian Dj Umek was sparked and with his influence and several releases and collaborations on Umek’s label, Expire, Inigo found himself playing all over Central and Eastern Europe.

Since then Inigo has seen his profile grow steadily releasing tracks on Molecular Recordings and playing all over the UK at clubs including The Orbit in Leeds and Sankeys Soap in Manchester. His releases on Tim Taylor’s Missile Records, has played a major part in the growth of his profile and over the turn of the millennium his tracks were laid down for many other labels including Rodz-Konez, Cutting Pleasure, Potential, Ergonomix, Urban Substance, Morpheus, Native Diffusion, Blackout Audio, Speaker Attack, Electracom and Fylo.

He is now heavily committed to his own label, Asymmetric, home to his most personal music. High on the agenda for Asymmetric is to challenge and introduce ideas whilst maintaining a distinctive and coherent techno foundation and releases to date have been met to both critical and dancefloor acclaim. Alongside the releases has grown an increasingly hectic worldwide Dj schedule taking in countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, England and beyond.

We are really looking forward to the return of one of our favourite dj's!

Chris Hoog

At Locked we always try to break new talent, giving bedroom Djs with the right attitude and commitment the chance to play a proper club set and establish themselves. So for June, we would like to announce the debut of Chris Hoog, a Locked regular from back when the night first started at The Attic.

Chris is a local Dj who has countlessly proved his dedication and passion for techno along with a willingness to help out. His dark style, influenced by the likes of Regis, Mills, Surgeon, is set to fit perfectly with the Locked vibe and will be an excellent warm up for Inigo.

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-june-front.jpg
http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-june-back.jpg

Mucky Beats
24-05-2005, 12:52 PM
looking good ...i'll be there

Katie
24-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Ahh can't wait for this inigo kennedy is awesome! can't wait to see if chief gurn lasts his set without falling asleep either! :lol:

24-05-2005, 02:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Quality Katie , it took a while to sink in what u just said, but when it did i fukin p.issed my sides !!! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
24-05-2005, 02:13 PM
excellent locked. great to see you breaking new talent. and only £7?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Katie
24-05-2005, 02:17 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Quality Katie , it took a while to sink in what u just said, but when it did i fukin p.issed my sides !!! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

haha i know think we should have bets on it! bet he's well looking forward to playing at locked!

Matt Blak
25-05-2005, 09:29 AM
quality night again, LOCKED will never let you down!
;)

Technobitch
25-05-2005, 11:08 AM
hopefully in attendace for this one, although its my big brothers birthday ill av to try and get him to change his plans!!! could try bring him along but he aint been out raving since white gloves where the thing to wear!! :lol:

nick_anarchy
25-05-2005, 11:37 AM
i badly need to change my event dates!!!! ....

25-05-2005, 11:50 AM
hopefully in attendace for this one, although its my big brothers birthday ill av to try and get him to change his plans!!! could try bring him along but he aint been out raving since white gloves where the thing to wear!! :lol:

Dont like the sound of this Dawn , sounds like u are pussying out already ! :roll: :lol:

Mucky Beats
25-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Dont like the sound of this Dawn , sounds like u are pussying out already ! :roll: :lol:

init she is slacking here :nono:

Technobitch
25-05-2005, 04:57 PM
im sure if a get my bro a realy good prezzy he wont mind!

mac u cant diss me its lee's birthday!!! hes your mate too!

im guna sort this, cant be seen to be letting little jay knight down!!

Mucky Beats
25-05-2005, 06:33 PM
im sure if a get my bro a realy good prezzy he wont mind!

mac u cant diss me its lee's birthday!!! hes your mate too!

im guna sort this, cant be seen to be letting little jay knight down!!

hey i aint dissing...lee rocks and so do his bdays and you should be there for him... but i'm always gonna rip ya for not going to stuff coz you do it to me all the time!!!! :lol:
also if you come you can help drag some of the wales possy down with ya!!!!! coz im going straight from work i think :rambo:

Frank Dogshit
26-05-2005, 12:09 AM
havin to choose between darkside and locked for this weekend....cant afford both.

set of wankshits you promoters! 2 good lineups in a weekend! :love:

ramshackles
06-06-2005, 07:39 PM
ah so frank has resurfaced.... ;)

Frank Dogshit
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
ah so frank has resurfaced.... ;)

aye just about......cant get on this board while im at work so youll have to make do with my odd evening bullshit posts.

you finally gonna make it to locked again then?best ad do you wee shite! ;)

kittykorrupt
06-06-2005, 09:21 PM
looking forward to seeing mr hoog play and well up for partying seen as had a few quiet weekends. :dance:

ramshackles
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Hmmmn maybe...may need some persuasion Frank ;)

Katie
07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Think i'm gonna have to come on friday wouldn't be right if i missed locked! gonna have to do it on a budget though! and try and be sensible! haha! :lol:

fresh_an_funky_design
08-06-2005, 06:43 PM
will definetly be coming to this locked, missed the last one. :doh:

Frank Dogshit
08-06-2005, 06:48 PM
innigos the main man....cant be missed!!!

Mucky Beats
09-06-2005, 11:09 PM
looking forward to seein indigo kennedy i hear he's wicked !

Technobitch
10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
got it all sorted, with my bro today so dnt have to be wv him tonight!!!

see you all there!!!

10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Got some evil shrooms in the house for some after party messyness :evil:

ds2
10-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Got some evil shrooms in the house for some after party messyness :evil:

i dread to think what goes on at your after parties :)

have a goodie tonight locked crew.

Boboagogo
10-06-2005, 05:11 PM
will i be fine 4 gettin in at about 1, have to work ffs but definatly gonna make it up.

Frank Dogshit
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
will i be fine 4 gettin in at about 1, have to work ffs but definatly gonna make it up.

aye youll be sorted gary.

neko
11-06-2005, 03:56 PM
good to see chief gurn stayed awake, played a great set too :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
12-06-2005, 04:07 PM
any more reports???????

Frank Dogshit
12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
really good night,innigo kennedy never fails to rock!! his tune selection and 3 deck mixing was top notch!

ad,jays and chris's debut set were also bang on!some right nasty tunes gettin knocked out by all 3.

fitipaldi
13-06-2005, 11:37 AM
quality music all night on friday, was good to hear ad knockin out a harder set and chris played a great debut. As mr dogshit said, inigo kennedy was superb, quality mixing and tune selection.

Mucky Beats
13-06-2005, 01:16 PM
as always quality techno played by quality dj's at locked. Fair play to chris he was rocking. innigo kennedy was rocking on 3 decks!

Technobitch
13-06-2005, 05:48 PM
another good night supplied by locked :clap:

well done to chris, didnt even know he was a dj! he played some banging techno! was also nice to see adam get the chance to play some harder techno, gutted arrived to late for jays set... will be good to see the locked boys making an apperance at compressed on saturday!!!

Katie
13-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Had a quality time on Friday i'm so glad you got innigo kennedy on he's quality everytime! never fails to please! haha! was well good to see chief gurn making his debut too! Think it made his birthday! Ad and Jay were really good as usual! the rest of the weekend was mental! all good fun though! :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==