PDA

View Full Version : New Track - Joe Giacomet (F.A.T)

fresh_an_funky_design
24-05-2005, 07:10 PM
a work in progress, not 100% about the mix down. but have a listen an tell us what you think

http://www.soundclick.us/fastkG/10/04/freemp3/joegiacomet+oasis.mp3

eyes without a face
24-05-2005, 07:21 PM
not too into it, needs more going on too keep interest definately....

the kick sounded very middy and there was not much bass in it at all....

fresh_an_funky_design
24-05-2005, 11:05 PM
its weird you say that about the bass, cos on my speakers i'm getting plenty of bass through, almost verging on too much, although i have filtered everything below 60hz out.

eyes without a face
24-05-2005, 11:06 PM
in the kick its pretty much mostly mid here

dirty_bass
24-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Not too into this either. It sounds empty and incomplete.
Scots right about that bass, almost non existant.
None of the sound really seem to have much punch or size.
This kick would be fine if you wacked a huge slab of sub underneath it.
Needs some main elements to make it interesting.

fresh_an_funky_design
25-05-2005, 12:17 AM
yeah i agree, it sounds incomplete, as thats cos it is. I just posted it to get some ideas. I really dont understand how you both say there is no bass as when i listen to it there is loads of bass. admitadly there isn't much sub bass, as i filter it out as it don't see the point in it as you cant hear it

eyes without a face
25-05-2005, 12:54 AM
maybe ur getting bass feedback or reflection somewhere, but there really is a distinct lack of bass in there, the kick has next to no bass in it and sounds totally in the mids

fresh_an_funky_design
25-05-2005, 12:59 AM
the room im using to produce in at the moment is a really strange shape, unfortunately its all i've got untill i move into my new house. One of the lads i live with is doing a degree in mastering and he says it almost impossible to master in his room which is the same shape as mine,so maybe be that might be it.

BRADLEE
25-05-2005, 01:41 AM
yes I would think maybe it's the room you're in causing issues with the mixdown. I did not hear very much bass present in this at all either. Even headphones is should be audible.

eyes without a face
25-05-2005, 10:51 AM
sub bass, as i filter it out as it don't see the point in it as you cant hear it

im certainly not the expert here on bass haha, but there is MORE than a point to sub... if u can get it in there then u should, a good sub can change a track, something im trying to achieve constantly

fresh_an_funky_design
25-05-2005, 12:05 PM
i just personally think that sub takes up to much of the mix. If your listening at home then plenty of sub is wicked but when ure mixing its not so good. ive got a few tunes that have loads of sub which sound wicked but when your mixing they drop down when you bring them in. For me the label rythymn convert has some of the best sounding tunes (in terms of mastering) out there and when i recorded one of there tunes there was no frequencies under 60hz in it. I do agree with what ure saying about the mid in my tune though had a listen to it on my headphones and they kick is very mid range

fresh_an_funky_design
25-05-2005, 12:07 PM
just re-eq'd the kick sounds so much better nice one for the comments, i'll repost when its finished :lol:

nova
25-05-2005, 09:27 PM
nic perc work & reverb. nic chillin vide aswell. kick does seem tiny bit hi to me. the tune tuk me off on a right chillin vibe. roll'e hagin out me mouth. was right in there :lol:

fresh_an_funky_design
26-05-2005, 12:02 AM
cheers! :lol:

dirty_bass
26-05-2005, 08:29 PM
There`s still zero bass on this.
Just the smallest hint ever.
Sounds like you muted it and forgot.
The kick is ok, but the whole bass region below it sounds empty.
I suspect you dealing with really low frequencies that on your rig may be booming, but on a proper set up, are totally dead.

fresh_an_funky_design
27-05-2005, 12:36 AM
i aint reposted it yet, its still the orginal link

278d7e64a374de26f==