PDA

View Full Version : vynl pressing?

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 02:06 PM
anyone recommend good n cheap places for pressin vynl (curvepusher too expensive)??
any help well apreciated ;)

eyes without a face
25-05-2005, 06:29 PM
do the tracks justice and save until u can afford a good pressing, cheap pressings are no good to anyone... thats what id do personally anyway...

BRADLEE
25-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I would get in contact with Masterdisk. You can speak with David Read. They really aren't super cheap, but nothing good is. However they will do justice for your tunes.

David@masterdisk.com

They also do mastering in house as well if needed.

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 07:20 PM
alright then 'good value' :roll:

messenger..av you got a link for em? cheers

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 07:21 PM
any recommendations from people who'v actually pressed a record?

eyes without a face
25-05-2005, 07:29 PM
no use rolling ur eyes dude, u asked so we replied.... the word "cheap" isnt a nice one when talking about pressing records, there are enough badly cut records doing the rounds so its actually good advice to save up more and go for the best press u can get

im sure those who have pressed a record will vouch for that

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 08:01 PM
yeh ok...im not tryin to cut corners, im askin if anyone who's cut a record can recommend anywhere thats reasonably priced :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (jokin..s'cool)
i'm gettin the cut done at curvepusher as theyv done stuff for us before n i trust em to do it right.i'm after somewhere to do the pressing that doesnt charge more per unit on limited runs.
got a little list of places here...anyone got experience wiv any of these lot?
cheers
www.independentpressing.com
www.hiltongrove.com
www.keyproduction.co.uk
www.sfhuk.net
www.quickpress.co.uk
www.jtsstudio.co.uk
www.gzvinyl.com

my choice at the mo is independent as theyv done a good job for us in the past...jus shoppin around for more info like ;)

BRADLEE
25-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Here is a discogrphay of some of the vinyl they have pressed. Mainly for many really good rock bands, but I also had a friend use them for some limited edition 10's for their band "SIMPLFY" and they were great!!!! Quality was supreme.

http://www.masterdisk.com/discographies/don02.pdf#search='david%20read%20masterdisk'

And here is the flat link to their site. truly as I said, they are not cheap, but they do it properly.

http://www.masterdisk.com

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 08:11 PM
thanks fella :cool:

BRADLEE
25-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Of Course amigo!!! Indeed no trouble at all.

dirty_bass
25-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, I did try to form a collective of labels so we could approach a manufacturer as one group and basically get a mass discount due to the total cash expeniture, and I sorted a good deal out, on nice thick vinyl.
But people pulled out cos they were stupid.
So if anyone would like to get involved in this (poreferably uk) please PM me, and we can chat, and sort out getting you in on the next pressing run.

mattboyslim
25-05-2005, 09:17 PM
i have had thousands of records from independant pressing as i went to school with the owners daughter (fit she was aswell :cool: ) and she got me shit loads of freebies. they all sound ace. nice rounded EQ wise, and no skipping whatsoever. they have some good masterers on site from what i remember and looking at the site, the pricing is reasonable even for small runs

Thegerm
26-05-2005, 07:25 AM
;)

had a massif probelm with them it's going to court i think

JohnnySideways
26-05-2005, 12:10 PM
;)

care to tell?

dirty_bass
26-05-2005, 08:24 PM
;)

Lots of people have. They are unreliable and in some cases have totally screwed people.

dan the acid man
26-05-2005, 09:15 PM
;)

care to tell?

i would advise not to if its going to court

JohnnySideways
27-05-2005, 01:20 PM
dirty bass...you got a pm mate

dirty_bass
27-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Just got back from a cut today.
The engineer is sweeeeet.
Very professional, very knowledgeable in all music, and his main concern is getting a clear and present and very loud cut.
I`m so happy.

JohnnySideways
27-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Just got back from a cut today.
The engineer is sweeeeet.
Very professional, very knowledgeable in all music, and his main concern is getting a clear and present and very loud cut.
I`m so happy.

who did you use? sent you a pm ;)

JohnnySideways
31-05-2005, 01:16 PM
would REALLY love a recommendation for pressing in the UK
come on folks :lol:
wanna get this right
cheers

dirty_bass
31-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, i fyou can hold on for a couple of weeks, I will tell you how this new place is.
It all looks like it`s gonna be sweet as a nut, if that is the case, I will organise a mass collective pressing of various labels so everyone can get it cheaper.

mattboyslim
31-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, i fyou can hold on for a couple of weeks, I will tell you how this new place is.
It all looks like it`s gonna be sweet as a nut, if that is the case, I will organise a mass collective pressing of various labels so everyone can get it cheaper.very interested in this

JohnnySideways
31-05-2005, 08:25 PM
sounds good..yeh i can ang on a bit..altho im likely to get my laquers done at curvepusher (unless you totally recommend the above for mastering too)
keep us posted on the quality of youre finished vinyl
cheers ;)

loopdon
31-05-2005, 09:14 PM
It all looks like it`s gonna be sweet as a nut, if that is the case, I will organise a mass collective pressing of various labels so everyone can get it cheaper.

sounds sound :!:

dirty_bass
31-05-2005, 09:56 PM
sounds good..yeh i can ang on a bit..altho im likely to get my laquers done at curvepusher (unless you totally recommend the above for mastering too)
keep us posted on the quality of youre finished vinyl
cheers ;)

I recommend the mastering as well.
the engineer is experienced in all forms of music, and his skills go beyond techno, which I think is good for a true objective ear.
Also, the deal will only work if it`s in house mastering.

278d7e64a374de26f==