PDA

View Full Version : alesis mod fx

sean.demaine
09-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Has anyone got any of these , or used any of these effect units ???

Im intrested to see what they are like , but no-where local keeps them in stock .... they will order me one , but I have to buy it !

@ £79 they seem quite cheap ? - is the build quality not up to much ??

djfase
09-06-2003, 11:36 PM
I dont know what movement sound and lighting keep down here m8. It might be worth giving them a call. If they have got one, well u only live 20 minutes up the road

sean.demaine
09-06-2003, 11:42 PM
ah yeah , had'nt though about them ! .... called "the cage" they can get it but not for me to try :shock: ... I will give em a bell tommorow :wink: ta

mindgame
05-02-2004, 05:55 AM
if your talking about the alesis AIR FX and the likes i have an air fx..it stinks for dj'ing..alot of teh effects sound the same - theres too much going on in records to use the effects..

i know soemone that used it for production (live and not) and he loved it for that..he advised its a matter of what sounds you run through it -

i havent tried the red alesis sound fx thing..so im not sure about that..

but if you were looking to add to your dj set up i would advise you look elsewhere. (unless if oyu spin very ambient or minimal stuff) .mine has been sitting there all year

EmotionComplex
05-02-2004, 06:05 AM
ive had a go of the alesis fx and it wasnt too bad, seemed to be good quality effects but like mindgame says there a it full on a lot of the time and you have to be willing to move younr hand all over the place when using it, ive heard its in a few people's production set ups though for mangling things, the red one is the alesis air synth, i dont see how it works without being able to change the note of it though, and it seems to lack any kind of midi control so it must just create strange sounds, if it you were able to stick a midi controller into it or sequencer then it'd be intersting but it seems you cant

EmotionComplex
05-02-2004, 06:12 AM
ah shit just realised your not on about them are you, you mean those new little effects boxes, they look quite cool but it seems theres one per effect so unless there outstanding in sound then it might be better to buy an effects unit that has more than one effect to offer, id ask for a demo of the filter unit and the sound mangler one, i think theyd be the most useful in a set.

sean.demaine
10-02-2004, 01:52 AM
hahaha - thanks for the replies , but in the eight months or so since I started this topic I bought a red sound fx unit from mr jim fish on this here forum , which has been adequate for for what I need :lol:

EmotionComplex
10-02-2004, 01:55 AM
note to self, allways check post dates :roll:

mindgame
10-02-2004, 06:00 AM
i got a red sound mixer which i love to death..
i also got teh red sound dark star which is ok..(maybe i jsut cant work it right )
how is the efx unit..i know someone wwho has teh red sound sampler and they think its pretty good and easy to use - how is the quality of teh samples..strong??good control??

sean.demaine
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
if you have got a send and return on your mixer , you can get some good results ,

but the filter & cutter is not that good , I mainly use the flanger and the delays on mine or a combo of both

278d7e64a374de26f==