PDA

View Full Version : gutted!

Frank Dogshit
27-05-2005, 07:32 PM
just got 2 free homelands tickets,but no way of gettin down there at this short notice.

whose on anyway?cant say ive even looked. any decent techno acts?

Stella Boy
27-05-2005, 07:35 PM
bang 'em on the Tribal or Basics website - they'll go pretty quick.

Haven't seen the line up, I tend to ignore festival line ups in this country because they're all pretty much wank for techno these days

dtl
27-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I will say go on a hitch... I went from Plymouth to London in 4 hours 15 mins yesterday.... Its some 220 miles of journey, took me through 4 cars but only had to wait about 1 min each.....

Frank Dogshit
27-05-2005, 11:15 PM
not gutted now!

pickin the tickets up in the morning and drivin down in the afternoon! cant wait to see hawtin knockin it out. fuk knows what im gonna do with the rest of my night tho,not much techno about.

Traxx
28-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Gutted i cant go to this you lucky bastard. You best go see marky rip it up :lol:

Frank Dogshit
28-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Gutted i cant go to this you lucky bastard. You best go see marky rip it up :lol:

i probably will check him out.....no choice really amongst the other stuffs thats on.
can u recommended any really intense dark DnB out of all them clowns that are on?

Traxx
28-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Bastard, beck is on as well :cry:

davethedrummer
28-05-2005, 05:02 PM
yeah beck
i'd love to see him
have fun mate....full report on my desk on monday please.

Frank Dogshit
30-05-2005, 12:56 PM
was a good festival bar the severe lack of techno but the most pleasing aspect of it all was there was no hard shite dance hoover shite coming out of any of the tents. was made up about that.

got down there really late(about 1030pm) as we didnt know we were goin till quite late on,totally unprepared and not havin a clue who was on at which time. got in the place and soon heard richie hawtin was on from 10-12 so rushed into his arena to hear him playin some quality minimal stuff to a really packed tent. only 1 slight hiccup when he was mixing in the 'kisses' track...lost it a bit after that but soon built it up again and really hammered it out for the last 45 minutes in proper hawtin style. big long mixes blended together perfectly finishing on 'UR-Transistion'.

Miss Kitten rolled on after him and played some really good techno/electro stuff with the odd booty track lobbed in. made the most of that as we then heard the plump djs were on after her.. :shock: hardly the best act to follow someone knocking it out. buggered off then to watch tiefschwarz who were ok,not really my thing but they were more interesting than the plumps. think it was zabeila we watched after,not really into his thing tunes wise,but the guys technically ability is brilliant so stuck around for him.

popped into justin robertson in the strongbow arena who was really kicking it out,not seen him in ages but he never fails to impress....tune selection was superb!

then think it was danny howells on after that,boring plodding prog with the odd decent electro tune in,dropped 'back home' and 'when the sun goes down' which was a welcome relief from some of the gash he was playing.

so overall a decent festival,excellent soundsystems in every arena which was really pleasing compared to some of the uk festivals ive been to in the past and a good overall vibe about the place! just a god damn shame there wernt more techno acts on!!! It really did need a Mills/Garnier to take the night on that little bit more!! ;)

Katie
30-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Had a wicked time on saturday was worth going just to see hawtin and miss kittin! just a shame that there wasn't more techno on after 1.30! :cry: would well go again though think it would be good to go for the whole day though as we missed the bands through the day and the human league! :cry: haha!

FUSION
30-05-2005, 09:27 PM
I will say go on a hitch... I went from Plymouth to London in 4 hours 15 mins yesterday.... Its some 220 miles of journey, took me through 4 cars but only had to wait about 1 min each.....

hippy

278d7e64a374de26f==