PDA

View Full Version : dear tresor:

gunjack
30-05-2005, 05:47 PM
NO MORE REPRESSES PLEASE. whats up?!?!? no mark snow = tons of represses from detroit and nothing more to bust out? say it aint so!!!! :doh:

Sunil
30-05-2005, 05:59 PM
NO MORE REPRESSES PLEASE. whats up?!?!? no mark snow = tons of represses from detroit and nothing more to bust out? say it aint so!!!! :doh:

I'm inclined to agree with you here, it's gone to pot since he left.

SlavikSvensk
30-05-2005, 06:08 PM
word. i have enough old blake baxter records. where's the new sh*t?

Sunil
30-05-2005, 06:11 PM
word. i have enough old blake baxter records. where's the new sh*t?

Big time. Sure they only have to take a look around Berlin and they've got acres of shit they could be putting out. Strange.

SlavikSvensk
30-05-2005, 06:12 PM
laziness? cost-cutting measures? lost the passion?

tioneb
30-05-2005, 08:35 PM
well techno doesnt anymore, doesnt it ???

i guess they feel more comfortable selling represses of records rated 100 € or more on ebay rather than trying new stuff !

tioneb
30-05-2005, 08:36 PM
well techno doesnt anymore, doesnt it ???

i guess they feel more comfortable selling represses of records rated 100 € or more on ebay rather than trying new stuff !

scuse my english and typing i meant

well techno doesnt sell anymore, doe it ???

Sunil
30-05-2005, 08:47 PM
They scaled back a lot on their output somewhere between 2 and 3 years ago, I forget, but I do remember their press/DJ promotion affiliation with EPM being cut drastically in and around that time. They used to release lots of compilations/albums that did well on the CD market, but sales fell a lot. I know that certain releases that you'd expect to be doing well were only averaging about 2,000 or so sale units, which for a label like Tresor is pretty small. It wasn't too long after all of this that Marc got out of there, I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of what happened, although he had been speaking of being tired of the whole thing there. One thing that's for sure, they haven't been the same since... Most of the releases have been very 'safe'. Looking forward to The Advent's album though, there's some nice stuff on it from the bits I've heard.

SlavikSvensk
31-05-2005, 10:54 PM
They scaled back a lot on their output somewhere between 2 and 3 years ago, I forget, but I do remember their press/DJ promotion affiliation with EPM being cut drastically in and around that time. They used to release lots of compilations/albums that did well on the CD market, but sales fell a lot. I know that certain releases that you'd expect to be doing well were only averaging about 2,000 or so sale units, which for a label like Tresor is pretty small. It wasn't too long after all of this that Marc got out of there, I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of what happened, although he had been speaking of being tired of the whole thing there. One thing that's for sure, they haven't been the same since... Most of the releases have been very 'safe'. Looking forward to The Advent's album though, there's some nice stuff on it from the bits I've heard.

seems pretty logical. too bad though...

278d7e64a374de26f==