PDA

View Full Version : OK, setting up a torrent server. What do I do.

MARKEG
31-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Look we have a massive server. Time we sorted it out for Torrents for our members.

Can anyone help me with this???

Mirsha
31-05-2005, 01:05 AM
The main thing you need to do is setup a tracker for it. Which is the sort of central thing everyone looks to to find out how/where to download parts. This is agumented if people use the newer version of Azerus which have a decentralised version as well since when the main tracker goes down Azerus clients can setup their own shit to deal with it.

The main thing you need to research is Bit Torrent trackers, there are many avialable you can download and setup on Blackout to get stuff running fine then just slap people silly so they get into the habbuit of leaving shit open. The Martyn Hare set I made available via BT the other week was a bit of a shambles, everyone leeched it from me then logged off which meant everyone got it as slow speeds which was a shame.

dan the acid man
31-05-2005, 01:07 AM
The main thing you need to do is setup a tracker for it. Which is the sort of central thing everyone looks to to find out how/where to download parts. This is agumented if people use the newer version of Azerus which have a decentralised version as well since when the main tracker goes down Azerus clients can setup their own shit to deal with it.

The main thing you need to research is Bit Torrent trackers, there are many avialable you can download and setup on Blackout to get stuff running fine then just slap people silly so they get into the habbuit of leaving shit open. The Martyn Hare set I made available via BT the other week was a bit of a shambles, everyone leeched it from me then logged off which meant everyone got it as slow speeds which was a shame.

that would be me then :oops: ive been using my connection alot more than i would normally this week so i havent had azureus running :oops:

Mirsha
31-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I dunno, I've stopped my torrenting now and switched it to my soulseek shares. Quite a few people grabbed it from me at a slow speed which was quite nice to see but it's a gret way to get shit out.

Patrick DSP
31-05-2005, 05:56 AM
mark, get on msn.

www.patrickdsp.com/torrent/

278d7e64a374de26f==