kai
31-05-2005, 02:27 PM
http://www.hardlife.org.uk/juneflyer/hardlifeforum.JPG
http://www.hardlife.org.uk/juneflyer/prisonerforum.JPG

Friday June 24th

Hard Life / Techno Prisoners

presenting our biggest line-up to date:

Hard Life

Bobby V (Multigroove.nl, B.V.R) b2b Jay-M (Force 9, Future Sound Corp)
- one of the fastest rising stars on the Dutch hardstyle circuit flies into the UK for an exclusive back to back performance with one of the UK's biggest names in Hard Trance & Hardstyle - Scotland's finest Jay-M, who forms one half of production team Force 9, alongside the legendary Marc Smith (of Vibealite and Fubar fame).

Liam B b2b Rory McCart (Steel Records)
- Two Hard Life regulars going back to back showcasing the sound of Steel Records, Sam Punk's very own hardstyle label.

Alan Wilson b2b Clayton (Binary)
- An old friend of Hard Life's, Alan Wilson, joins us once again, this time joined by his Binary co-resident Clayton, to showcase the sound of Manchester's Hardest Trance night.

DJ Clumsy (Preston Madhatters, Megadog)
- Birthday Boy - happy birthday Clumsy! - Needing no introduction to the Hard Life crew, Clumsy will be joining us fresh from Amsterdam to rock the house with his distinct mix of hard trance, techno, hardstyle, jumpstyle and whatever else he feels like throwing into the equation!

The Hard Life DJ's
aka Marv Knight b2b Focus b2b Rossco

Techno Prisoners

Mark EG (Blackout Audio)
- what can I say about this man that has't been said a hundred times over. The legend that is 'the nutter' Mark EG will be making his log awaited Techno Prisoners debut, be sure to catch this set!

Tony Adamson (the Darkside)
- from Leeds techno night the Darkside, the closest thing in Leeds to carrying on the vibe of the legendary Orbit. Expect techno of only the very highest quality!

Ventura (Quake)
- From Grimsby's Quake night we are joined by Mr Ventura, a man who is earning a great deal of respect on the underground circuit, gaining bookings regularly at some of the biggest nights around - Futurevibe, Technology, Vibealite and many more.

Nick Anarchy b2b Ross Millward (Futureshock)
- Nick will be back once again, this time representing his own Futureshock night in Liverpool, and joined by his fellow Futureshock resident the very talented Ross Millward.

Namskram (Twisted Harmony)
- Hot on the heels of impressing us at his own Twisted Harmony night, 'The Marksman' from Halifax will be making his Techno Prisoners debut.

Dirty S (Techno Prisoners)
- a belated start to Dirty S' Techno Prisoners residency, expect some damn ****ing hard techno from the ex-Fusion boy.

Russ Sealey (Techno Prisoners)

@ The Paradise Club
New York Street, Leeds
Doors 10 - 4. Entry £10. No dress code.

This is an event not to be missed!!!

Stella Boy
31-05-2005, 06:59 PM
looking forward to this, gonna take techno prisoners into the darkside of hellish techno :rambo:

Mindful
31-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Good lad

FUSION
31-05-2005, 09:20 PM
looking forward to this, gonna take techno prisoners into the darkside of hellish techno :rambo:

:lol: me too, with extra distortion :twisted: :clap:

2 hour dirty s hard techno mix here

www.distortedunderground.com/mark.mp3

nick_anarchy
31-05-2005, 11:57 PM
nice canny wait

kai
01-06-2005, 10:44 AM
:lol: :rambo:

All sounds good to me!

kai
02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
:doh:

nick_anarchy
02-06-2005, 12:14 PM
:clap:

Mindful
02-06-2005, 06:59 PM
What is this a new way of conversing using onley emoticons

my favourite is :shock:

nick_anarchy
02-06-2005, 07:07 PM
its every face i pulled on friday ...

Mindful
02-06-2005, 07:25 PM
haha

Mindful
02-06-2005, 07:26 PM
:pale:

kai
03-06-2005, 10:50 AM
LOL - drain the colour out of you on Friday did we Steve?

Mindful
03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah but only cause I had to go in the hardstyle room every time I needed a drink its affected me quite badley keep trying to put off beat basslines in all my tracks :evil:

Mindful
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
:lol: sorry hardstyles not that bad.

if you can read this it means hard style is pants

kai
06-06-2005, 10:33 AM
LOL.

Yeah, I know your views on hardstyle mate - what can I say man? Personally I love both hardstyle & techno, hence the music policy man - least the techno room was good enough to keep all you techno fascists happy ay!

Mindful
06-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah im only kidding mate I dont mind it realy some of its perty cool the more break the mould type stuff.
Theres no denying its affect on a loud system.
Plus theres allways some nice looking ladies doing the two step in that Room :twisted: .

Mindful
06-06-2005, 06:55 PM
techno fascists

:lol: haha like it

kai
07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Haha. Coined that one from Gareth on Friday night!

FUSION
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
wot is there hardstyle here 2 ?????????? **** that im not coming :lol:

kai
08-06-2005, 09:32 AM
LOL!

You better be mate.

The event is gonna be hardstyle in room 1, with techno in the second room mate - the one your playing in mate.

We don't really view it as a second room though mate, bith rooms are equally important and should be able to stand up in their own right. What we are trying to do is almost put two nights on within one club, with each room being capable of standing up on its own merits without needing the other room, but allowing movement between the two for those with an interest in both genres.

What I'd eventually like to get to is a situation where the two events, 'Hard Life' and 'Techno Prisoners', are capable of putting nights on individually or together, depending on the venue being used etc, and to get to that point Techno Prisoners needs to be strong enough to pull the techno cvrowd in regardless of whether or not they like the tunes being played in the Hard Life room.

nick_anarchy
08-06-2005, 11:09 AM
got the flyer's this morning kai cheers .. just intime for friday

kai
08-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Nice one dude.

Mindful
08-06-2005, 07:37 PM
LOL!

You better be mate.

The event is gonna be hardstyle in room 1, with techno in the second room mate - the one your playing in mate.

We don't really view it as a second room though mate, bith rooms are equally important and should be able to stand up in their own right. What we are trying to do is almost put two nights on within one club, with each room being capable of standing up on its own merits without needing the other room, but allowing movement between the two for those with an interest in both genres.

What I'd eventually like to get to is a situation where the two events, 'Hard Life' and 'Techno Prisoners', are capable of putting nights on individually or together, depending on the venue being used etc, and to get to that point Techno Prisoners needs to be strong enough to pull the techno cvrowd in regardless of whether or not they like the tunes being played in the Hard Life room.

Sounds like a plan to me geezer.

:doh: didnt mean to start a hardstyle bashing :lol: both rooms are cool

kai
09-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Haha, thats cool Stevie mate, everyone is entitled to their opinions mate!

The Divide
09-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Why not put Mark in the main room?

kai
09-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Cos he is playing a techno set, hence he is in the Techno Prisoners room.

If he was playing hardstyle he would be in the Hard Life room. There is no point trying to build two distinct sounding nights under one roof if there is going to be cross-over in styles between the two.

As i have said, I don'y regard the back room as a 2nd room - both rooms have equal priority and I see that as meaning both rooms should be equally strong in line-up terms - kind of like Radical and Technology were at North. I see it as just a smaller more intimate room for techno, rather than a 2nd room.

Think of it as a multi-arena event on a smaller scale, rather than a hardstyle night with a techno room, and follow that logic through and it makes perfect sense to keep the musical styles distinct from each other so that the music flows properly all night in both rooms.

For those of you who know The Paradise Club, you will be pleased to know that I spent last night sourcing a new sound system to beef up the system in the Techno Prisoners room, and it is gonna be sounding every bit as phat as room 1, though it is actually a quiter system, but because of the dimensions of the room it will sound just as good.

The Divide
09-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Fair enough

Then why not have all the hardstyle in the back room :silenced:

kai
09-06-2005, 02:26 PM
LOL. Are you just trying to be awkward!?

Firstly, one or the other has to go in the 'main' room, and both line-ups are equally strong imo, so nothing to choose between the two there.

Okay Mark EG is bigger name than anybody in the hardstyle room, but Jay-M has releases out on Future Sound Corp, one of the biggest hardstyle labels in Europe (if not the world), and is one of the most well-known UK based hardstyle producers around, and he is doing an exclusive back to back with Bobby V, flown in from Holland (the birthplace of hardstyle), who is one of the rising stars of the Dutch scene, and regularly plays at the Multigroove events in Holland to crowds of up to 40,000 people. This set is pitting one of the UK's finest against one of Holland's finest, and it is exclusive to Hard Life.

Supporting that are Liam B and Rory McCart going back to back, who are widely regarded as the best up and coming hardstyle DJ's and producers in the UK and have been signed up by Steel Records, Germany's biggest hardstyle label.

Secondly, Hard Life is a much more established name than Techno Prisoners, having been running 18 months, where as this will only be Techno Prisoners third event, so the hardstyle side of things has a more established following and therefore gets the bigger room.

Thirdly, in my opinion the other room is more suitable for techno with it's intimate atmosphere and low roof, while hardstyle works well in the bigger room as for me it is more suited to big open dancefloors than techno is. Debateable I know, and depends entirely on how you view each music, but at the end of the day a decision had to be made and that was the way we felt it best to go.

FUSION
09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
whats hardstyle? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUSION
09-06-2005, 08:04 PM
LOL!

You better be mate.

Im only kiddin by the way man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 2 styles in one club is what im all about :clap:

kai
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
LOL, I gathered that mate, don't worry about it man!

Mindful
10-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Fair enough

Then why not have all the hardstyle in the back room :silenced:

:lol: little bugger

Mindful
10-06-2005, 09:31 PM
in my opinion the other room is more suitable for techno with it's intimate atmosphere and low roof, while hardstyle works well in the bigger room as for me it is more suited to big open dancefloors than techno is. Debateable I know, and depends entirely on how you view each music, but at the end of the day a decision had to be made and that was the way we felt it best to go.

I agree

The back room is gonna be very intamate When Marks on I should imagine :lol: .
I expect its going to be rammed.

Also glad to hear youve sorted a better system for the Techno room good call.

kai
13-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah, decided I think it was needed, didn't want the system cutting out like it did at the last event!

Mindful
13-06-2005, 08:31 PM
:lol: :doh: oops haha yeah whoever was on the decks at the time was rocking away oblivious with the moniters blastin,class

kai
14-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah, haha, I forgot about that. Think it was one of the FAT Collective lot at the time, though I could be wrong!

Anyway, with the system beefed up it shouldn't happen to anyone else!

kai
16-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Just over a week to go now!

Stella Boy
16-06-2005, 06:00 PM
that's come round quick, i'd better start pulling out my best trance then :cool:

nick_anarchy
16-06-2005, 06:15 PM
coach booked .. just counting numbers now .. roll on next week

Mindful
16-06-2005, 10:17 PM
pick us up Nick mate :lol:

nick_anarchy
17-06-2005, 03:48 AM
pick us up Nick mate :lol:

hahah dude it looks liek the coach is full if ot get the train to liverpool lime st and i may be able to get u on

kai
19-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Good to hear that Nick, things are looking good! Pretty much got everything covered now.

kai
21-06-2005, 02:46 PM
bumpety bumpety bump

kai
22-06-2005, 11:46 AM
:twisted: Just two days now!

kai
23-06-2005, 10:53 AM

:shock:

:evil:

:rambo:

:cool:

kai
23-06-2005, 07:12 PM
All lookin' good for tomorrow - looks like it's gonna be a stormer!!!

Technobitch
24-06-2005, 02:51 PM
hope all goes well tonight! im at home looking after my niece as my sister has gone to glastonbury! :evil:

Mindful
24-06-2005, 06:21 PM

:evil:

:rambo:

:cool:

Is this Nicks face pulling again?

Mindful
24-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I dont think im coming cant get a lift yet if Im comming its gonna be a last ditch thing Dont suppose anyone from down my way is going down(my way being Oldham)

:protest: :protest: :pray: I want to come :rambo:

Stella Boy
25-06-2005, 03:00 PM
thanks for set last night guys, enjoyed playing the darker stuff to alot of people who had never heard it before. The only downside was that the time flew by way too fast when I was playing :doh:

nick_anarchy
27-06-2005, 03:03 AM
it was a beast loved the nite !! cheers kai

278d7e64a374de26f==