PDA

View Full Version : techno ppl talk about...

gunjack
01-06-2005, 02:58 AM
psy trance, i knew it was huge in the countryside in almost every place round the world, but LAB 4 BUY A PRIVATE JET?! WTF is going on the world? i personally can not stand this music and it grates me like cheese, but i wonder if any of you kids actually like(d) this stuff? at aqny rate i can not BELIEVE how big this is in 2005! private jets to shows by two dreadlocked cyber hippies?!?!?

DJAmok
01-06-2005, 07:32 AM
What's so special about private jets? :eh:

Wittekind and I were thinking about getting a jet for us, but we couldn't agree on the model. He wanted a Gulfstream 3, I wanted a Gulfstream 4 with a soundproofed studio compartement so I wouldn't loose valuable production time during my travels. :oops:

Seriously though, I haven't yet met anyone who is into Psytrance, so I can't say. From what I hear, it's pretty big int he states though.

MARKEG
01-06-2005, 08:00 AM
actually lab 4 and yoji bohemikamikaka shared a private jet to an antiworld i played at in london early this year. i said to the promoter - how the hell di you afford that you stupid idiot?!?!!?!?! i was shocked.

but it turns out he knows someone high up in the air industry and he got it for next to nothing. told me he could get me one for about two grand.

now if i was a promoter and wanted a certain DJ to play at my party badly but he/she was playing at some party abroad, i'd do it for two grand. if you think someone like lab 4 are going to pull more than 2000 ppl then you're gonna consider it. and i doubt even yoou my dear deaf would pass up the oppurtunity of flying on a nice luxury plane with pimp seats ;) hehe

~cheeky~
01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
psy trance is big business at the mo althou im not that fussed on it.

duno what lab4 has got to do with it seeing as they dont play it :scratch:

eyes without a face
01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
pystrance? Lab 4 and Yoji are full on *spit* Hard House.... and its been massive over here for the past few years dude, a little late catchin up on things over there maybe? we've had to put up with Hard House clubs and monkeys over here for years now unfortunately

disco diva
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi guys, Yoji IMO plays hard Trance/hard german style stuff & Lab4 play again IMO Hard trance/dance.

I wouldn't say lab4 played hatrd house but definately hard dance, they hae a sound of their own.

Well IMO anyway ;)

disco diva
01-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh & defo NOT Psy Trance, no way.... Mix Mag got that wrong, like most of the stuff they print :dontevengothere:

disco diva
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
:doh: :oops: Keyboard being a bitch, tpyos should read hard & have :oops:

TechMouse
01-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Ummm... I'm quite partial to a bit of psytrance...
I saw Infected Mushroom at Brixton Academy last year and it was brilliant.
Lab 4 it wasn't though.

... I'll get me coat. TAXI!

audioinjection
01-06-2005, 04:15 PM
hasnt oakenfold been flown to different parties by helicopter?

trance rules the world :roll:

fatcollective
01-06-2005, 05:24 PM
i admire psy trance for the excellent production that is involved, i mean its sooo fvckin detailed and really well made. although its not for everyone, ya gotta give the guys respect for making a very difficult style of music..but i must say i do buzz of some of the groovey basslines in psy trance.

disco diva
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I was only saying Monday morning how clever I feel psy trance is & techno & for me obviously they sound different but they both have that layered quality, if that makes sense ;)

You can hear the different sounds clearly & as I say it is nicely layered with both genres :love:

stjohn
01-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Qbase festival in Germany is in an Airfield and they fly all the punters in...as far as ive heard anyway

jon connor
01-06-2005, 05:53 PM
i wouldent exactly call lab 4 phsy trance more hard house + hard trance fairplay to them they have done well and come from nowhere many years ago, believe they were guys sat in a crappy flat with crappy equipment to start like the rest of us por guys have ,but they have grown into well respected artists in there feild + i say bloody well done, even tho i dont play the music i can always epreciate good production :eh: and these guys deserve it, wot ever, they have earnt it. :clap: although guys flying round in private jets and massive wages hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :nono: we are not bloody pop stars :shock: we are techno djs /artists call me old fashioned but isint our seen already comersial enough ?

anyway back to topic i think lab 4 did a comersial track for nike in America once not to sure mabey this bumped up there status a lot they got a fare wack for doing it i hear ????? that mabey wrong but i heard that sum time ago ? my freind`s cousin is girlfrind or was to ADAM sum time back.

anyway if promoters can afford to fly people in private jets then im all for it, wot i dont want to see is techno dj`s./artist`s expecting this sort of privacy +tratment off all promoters of which some could not afford. ;)

as for physcedlic trance isint that more of a cult these days :lol: hahhahaha no fairplay i agree with fat collective these tracks are made well and have difficult sequencing for sure like any music tho some tracks are good and some are bad. deffinatly cant slate them if there seen is so big then somone must be doing something right good luck to them. :lol:

The Overfiend
01-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Lets rob em for their samples and make quality, screw em.

MARKEG
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
hahaha

sam, love the attitude. you make me laugh dawg. :lol:

i've known lab 4 for ages. years in fact. i'm not into their music but i think they're really cool ppl. and you have to give them props, they do what they do well. actually, i used to promote their music. does anyone remember POD Communications (Atom Heart and all that), well we did the press for them and the owner Olaf got invovled with Lab 4 through Plastic Head distribution. wow, that's ablast from the past.

anyway they're not psy trance in the slightest. so re: psy trance. i don't mind it all. in the right frame of mind, i sort of like it actually. heard a whole night of it recently in Brixton and OMG i felt like i was on acid. i've got all the early tip and flying rhino stuff and it's all pretty unique.

deep, organic. yeah, it's all fine in my book.

not a patch on techno though :cool:

dirty_bass
01-06-2005, 11:21 PM
POD Communications!!!!!
Rock Da House an all that.
hehe

ohhhhhh the good old days :crackup:

massplanck
01-06-2005, 11:49 PM
got all the early tip and flying rhino stuff and it's all pretty unique.

Some of the Tip stuff circa 1997-1998 IS a patch on techno. Its actually an embarrasment to techno the amount of programming and sound design gone into it.

The best dance music track ever happens to be a TIP record. FACT. Its probably the only tune i play out that i like to keep secrect. :nono:

SlavikSvensk
02-06-2005, 12:46 AM
what the hell is the difference between psytrance and cybertrance anyways?! i go to store, i see two sections...but i no listen...

The Overfiend
02-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Just when I was thinking of forming a hip hop psytrance label. shucks.

Francisco Scaramanga
02-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I've got some fond memories of spacehopper at the Que Club, quality psy trance night with live PAs from the likes of Eat Static, Hallucinogen, Man With No Name, Green Nuns of the Revolution, and they were all at the top of their game then, and were coming out with some pretty good stuff I reckon (this is all 97-98 sort of time). I remember one in particular, I think it was the blue room released night, when HOG hosted the backroom, that was a glorious night.

We did a few raves with a bunch of psytrancers from manchester last summer though, and I have to say, I think the genre isnt what it used to be. They had all the newest stuff and that, but it just didnt do anything for me. I was trying to get them to bust out some classics, but they werent into it at all, and actually seemed to get a bit pissed off when I mentioned Cygnus X.

massplanck
02-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I've got some fond memories of spacehopper at the Que Club, quality psy trance night with live PAs from the likes of Eat Static, Hallucinogen, Man With No Name, Green Nuns of

:clap: all Tip stuff bar Eat Static.

Some of the stuff that came out on Matsuri around then was pretty good too. Transient also kept the quality control quite high. The programming/detail in some of this music is unreal even if you arent into it you have to admire them for doing away with repetiveness.

disco diva
02-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Hallucinogen is the nads :love:

gunjack
03-06-2005, 03:21 PM
hahaha

sam, love the attitude. you make me laugh dawg. :lol:

i've known lab 4 for ages. years in fact. i'm not into their music but i think they're really cool ppl. and you have to give them props, they do what they do well. actually, i used to promote their music. does anyone remember POD Communications (Atom Heart and all that), well we did the press for them and the owner Olaf got invovled with Lab 4 through Plastic Head distribution. wow, that's ablast from the past.

anyway they're not psy trance in the slightest. so re: psy trance. i don't mind it all. in the right frame of mind, i sort of like it actually. heard a whole night of it recently in Brixton and OMG i felt like i was on acid. i've got all the early tip and flying rhino stuff and it's all pretty unique.

deep, organic. yeah, it's all fine in my book.

dangh mark, you like goa?! bwahahahahahahah (sorry bro)

mang, psy trance has got to be the most annoying music ever with the diddly doos at 150 bpm, anyway i heard lab 4 playing with fu cking yoji in tokyo and it was awful, i was just commenting on a mixmag article that said they had thier own private jet! cheeky bastids!!!

acidsaturation
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm kind of inclined to say what the **** does it matter if Lab4 or anyone else for that matter has or flys in a private jet. If they paid for it it's their money to do what they like with. If the promotor paid for it it's his money to treat his acts with as he sees fit.

Moving on to psy trance I can't see what people have against it. I find it quite relaxing - perfect for the second night of a weekend if you just don't want to stop, or for sunrise at a party. And to be fair I reckon a lot of psy trance artists put a hell of a lot more into tracks than some techno i've heard.

Yes there's good and bad psy trance, but there's good and bad anything.

Lab 4 aint it though. But I reckon their a laugh to see once in a while.

disco diva
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I love the old Lab4 sound & Adam & Les are both top notch guys, I know Adam & his wife Kym quite well & they are in no way *up their arse* I know no-one has used those words but just felt like expressing that just because they used a private jet, whoever paid for it, they are not up themselves in the slightest. ;)

gunjack
07-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Moving on to psy trance I can't see what people have against it. I find it quite relaxing - perfect for the second night of a weekend if you just don't want to stop, or for sunrise at a party. And to be fair I reckon a lot of psy trance artists put a hell of a lot more into tracks than some techno i've heard.

RELAXING? dang man, why not just relax with some methaphetamines and a woodpecker at your (wooden) front door?????

and yes they "put more into" thier tracks, maybe thats because it is over produced cheese! :doh:

tocsin
07-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Back when I was still hearing Goa with a lot of 303 craziness, I loved it. I don't know how big anyone can say it is in the States though. I don't think there's any regular psy-trance parties happening around NYC anymore. The only regular event I kind of know about is an outlaw party down in the Pine Barrens of NJ that springs up during the summers.

massplanck
08-06-2005, 12:42 AM
RELAXING? dang man, why not just relax with some methaphetamines and a woodpecker at your (wooden) front door?????

Pot/Kettle/Black

and yes they "put more into" thier tracks, maybe thats because it is over produced cheese! :doh:

Like people have said.. who actually know what they are talking about and probably hate cheese just as much as you do you have to dig to find it. Its like say the difference in techno between i dunno Fergie & i dunno say Reeko with his groovy new groundbreaking style man. Actually no.. all the techno is the same you are right what am i talking about.

The Divide
08-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Anyone any links to some proper psytrance sets? I don’t think I have heard any

massplanck
08-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Dont look at me.

I'd say what purports to be psy trance these days is a far cry from the really dark TIP & Flying Rhino stuff that did kick ass but I'd love to be wrong so i'd like a few links if possible too.

disco diva
08-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Anyone any links to some proper psytrance sets? I don’t think I have heard any

Ooh drop Agent 24 a pm, he just recently sent me a wicked mixed cd he has done ;)

disco diva
08-06-2005, 11:27 AM
she :oops: typo :doh:

gunjack
08-06-2005, 04:03 PM
dang massplank u like goa!!! bwahahahahahahahahahahah :crackup:

TechMouse
08-06-2005, 04:08 PM
That's nothing... you just started a sentence with the word "dang".

http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/joel_hillbilly.jpg

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2005, 04:26 PM
dag

gunjack
08-06-2005, 04:38 PM
rather say dang than like goa.

techmouse says "CHEEEEEEEEESE"
http://www.i-mockery.com/antirave/idiots/hippie-raver.jpg

TechMouse
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
rather say dang than like goa.
Each to their own dude.

gunjack
08-06-2005, 04:49 PM
red ex sucks. /enraged cartman voice/ CAN WE GET A FRIGGIN EDIT BUTTON ALREADY UP IN HYAHHHHHHHH??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

detfella
08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
i had psy carrots for tea

massplanck
08-06-2005, 08:14 PM

:oops: Stung.

I am an amazing Lazer Dancer I'll have you know.

Tip wasnt Goa by the way.... the same way Deafmosaic isnt Schranz.

gunjack
08-06-2005, 11:29 PM
word?

GothamGrooves.com
12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
psy trance, i knew it was huge in the countryside in almost every place round the world, but LAB 4 BUY A PRIVATE JET?! WTF is going on the world? i personally can not stand this music and it grates me like cheese, but i wonder if any of you kids actually like(d) this stuff? at aqny rate i can not BELIEVE how big this is in 2005! private jets to shows by two dreadlocked cyber hippies?!?!?

I cant stand the shit, and from personal experience, but if you think people get wrecked at techno parties? OMG the Dr*gs taken at psy trance parties are off the charts. however Monetarily, in South America the sound is fukin HUUUUGE!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==